Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Cehlarik with an assist today so he is now up to 7 points in his last 7 games. So slowly starting to heat up!

Ace88*

Not sure about Griffith, he lost a lot of board battles. Big no no. He's not a first line player and it's highly unlikely he'll ever be. It'd be better to use him on the third line. He's DEFINITELY not a long-term solution. I still think Eriksson is the answer there, but they probably want to keep the Soderberg line together as they're the only line that's been consistent.

Depends on whether they send Pastrnak back to Sweden. He has 3 points in 2 games in Providence, he gets 9 in either league (combined? not sure) before a year of his contract is used. If they're planning on keeping him in Providence, he'll definitely get a chance sooner or later. Out of all of our prospects, none of which are 1st line ready obviously, he's the one with the best playstyle to at least cut it there.

Pastrnak can play any amount of games in the AHL this season and next and the contract will slide. I suspect he's more ready than a lot of people think despite being so young, evidenced by his good start in the AHL, but i think it would be wise to keep him down there and give him spot duty throughout the season (so long as it doesn't go over 9 games). Thanks for the info. He at least has the shot to be the finisher that top line desperately needs.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
If you're looking for something to watch during your pregame Bruins prospect Ander Bjork I playing for Notre Dame on NBCSN. Getting some PP time early

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Anyone remember Lars volden? He has left Finland this year and now plays in the B league in Sweden. Still just 22 years old. One of those long long long lead players, but has been a starter for rogles in the allsvedskin league this year which is a bump up in competition from the liiga in Finland.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Anyone remember Lars volden? He has left Finland this year and now plays in the B league in Sweden. Still just 22 years old. One of those long long long lead players, but has been a starter for rogles in the allsvedskin league this year which is a bump up in competition from the liiga in Finland.

He is also no longer Bruins property

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Heinen looks to be playing well out in Denver.

He had an assist in their exhibition game.

Then 3 assists this weekend. Tonight was extra strong as he had 2 assists, but also apparently had a post, and was stoned on a breakaway. Nice to see he id generating chances

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Figured it out. Junior means rookie in Swedish hockey terminology. Arnesson isn't listed there since he played last year.
"junior" just means rookie in swe basically

e; should've kept reading. sry

A junior is a U20 player. World Junior Championship, for instance. Arnesson isn't a U20 player anymore, being a 1994 birth.

Another great game from Blidh yesterday, btw. On a real grind line with Axelsson and Lundqvist. A treat to watch on the forecheck and backcheck. Opposing player Granstrom shot the puck way wide and over the boards, Blidh skated up to him from 60 ft and started trash talking him face to face on their way to the benches.

Last edited:

fender227

Jul 4, 2011
Can anyone give me an update on Joe Morrow? Seems like his stock has taken a huge hit since he was drafted.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Can anyone give me an update on Joe Morrow? Seems like his stock has taken a huge hit since he was drafted.

Thought the same till I saw him Friday, looks freaking good to me and from all accounts is off the a great start, we'll see where it goes from here.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Heinen looks to be playing well out in Denver.

He had an assist in their exhibition game.

Then 3 assists this weekend. Tonight was extra strong as he had 2 assists, but also apparently had a post, and was stoned on a breakaway. Nice to see he id generating chances

Supposedly they're really high on this kid, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops. Lots of nay sayers when he was drafted so will be fun to watch it unfold :nod:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Johansson is pretty much the number 1# defender on his team right now. The team that is leading the SHL by the way. As mentioned before; he is rock solid. He has put up some really nice passes lately and should have had more points by now if his teammates only had done their job. I've started to suspect that what is holding his offense back is his defensive compadres, earlier Chris "The turnover" Campoli and right now (as Campoli is out with a concussion) the old timer Petrasek who is twice the liability in the own zone as Campoli is.
- Basically, Johansson spends A LOT of time cleaning up for his teammates. However, when given the opportunity he has been willing to join the forwards on the rush and attack the net a bit more in the last games.

In the first 13 games, I cannot recall a single time that he has been caught out of position.

About Arnesson, I've only seen him live once but will get to see him again in a couple of weeks. He looked good when I saw him, great defensively. The fans of the team Djurgården consider him to be their number 1# defender as well.

A nice fact:
Emil Johansson and Arnesson ranks as number 2 and 3 when it comes boxplay minutes per goal against.
Johansson concedes on boxplay goal per 24:43 minute played, Arnesson 22:02.
Their teams rank 1 (HV71 94%) and 2 (Djurgården 89%) in the BP statistics after 13 games.

Sadly, there is no "shot blocking" statistic in the SHL, these guys would have been candidates for the top 20 for sure. Another fun fact is that HV71 only allows 1 shot against per boxplay.

It is quite unusual to have 18 and 20 year olds as leading defenders in the SHL, at least when it comes to defensive defenders. You really hit the jackpot with these guys.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Just stepping in to say that Peter Cehlarik got an assist today again!!!! And is dominating with the puck aswell playing alot more physical this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad