BRUINS GDT Bruins - Poutineville Prospect Challenge - Sept 16, 3:30 EDT

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don’t know how you watch a 6’4 octopus who somehow seems a foot longer than Carlo at the same height and see Mike Reilly. You do you though lol.
The funny thing is, a year from now, when it's clear he's not a 6'4, better defensively Carlo, w/ better offense than Mike Reilly, you'll be the first to say "He's a 2nd rd pick who looks like a capable 4 or 5, why is everyone crapping on him so much? What do you expect from a pick in the 50s."

To quote Don Godfather... book it.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The funny thing is, a year from now, when you it's clear he's not a 6'4, better defensively Carlo, w/ better than Mike Reilly, you'll be the first to say "He's a 2nd rd pick who looks like a capable 4 or 5, why is everyone crapping on him so much? What do you expect from a pick in the 50s."

I don’t know what that means.

He’s not in the “better defensively than Carlo” archetype. He’s also not a #1 defenseman.

If he’s a #3 in the Dougie Hamilton archetype in 3 years is that good? Again, not as good as Dougie but that kind of player?

Death.
Taxes.
Bruins fans inability to evaluate defensemen.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
My frst good look at Lohrei and I would be shocked if he breaks camp.

I never bought in on the hype on his file.

Rangy. Talented. Yes.

Caught up ice constantly? Yes.

Appears to have tools but poor decision making positional. Just 1 game, but I think he is an eigth or ninth prospect on most teams but we don't have the depth so he's just got overhyped here.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Rangy. Talented. Yes.

Appears to have tools but poor decision making positional. Just 1 game, but I think he is an eigth or ninth prospect on most teams but we don't have the depth so he's just got overhyped here.
Did you think he was going to anywhere besides Providence?

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I think some folks need to settle down. It's two freaking prospect games after a few days of practice.
Fire everyone. No exceptions. No quarter.

Rename boston to its original name of Tremontaine and switch from "Bruins" to "Tree Toads"

Then we can have a jersey with TTT on it with lots of gold chains.. we can be managed by Mr T.

I pity the foo who dont try like T.

That will get this rookie preseason evaluation warm up scrimmages up to snuff.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not much to celebrate at this game but the beer and wings...

My 3 stars...

1. Hall - I don't think you would notice on a feed however watching live he impressed me the most ... thinking we hear more about Hall this camp ..dude stood out, physical, speed, pain in arse to play against, puck pursuit, one man show on a couple PKs. Would like to see Hall play more minutes top lines vs 4th.
2. Lohrei - carried the puck into the o zone with ease..thought he looked good/engaged
3. Merk & Lysell made things happen
Honourable mentions - Brunet & Mast (Steady Eddies)

The meh... Poitras and Harrison

The blah ...Halaburda, Farinacci and wft is up (down) with Beecher (I'm worried bruins may have themselves a JAG)

The worst part was no binkie Topo to watch and long border crossing.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don’t know what that means.

He’s not in the “better defensively than Carlo” archetype. He’s also not a #1 defenseman.

If he’s a #3 in the Dougie Hamilton archetype in 3 years is that good? Again, not as good as Dougie but that kind of player?

Death.
Taxes.
Bruins fans inability to evaluate defensemen.
What?

Killer says that one aspect of Lohrei’s game reminds him of another player. A strength of that player. You say they look nothing alike because one guy is taller, offering nothing of substance to counter his opinion.

Then you finish off by making a blanket statement about the fan base and how stupid they all are. Like nobody can possibly compete with your excellent analysis of “this guy is taller”

I don’t even know if I agree with @KillerMillerTime. Haven’t had a chance to watch either of these games. You may very well be right to disagree with him.

This is merely another example of how the discourse around here is devolving into dogshit.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
The funny thing is, a year from now, when it's clear he's not 6'4, better defensively Carlo, w/ better offense than Mike Reilly, you'll be the first to say "He's a 2nd rd pick who looks like a capable 4 or 5, why is everyone crapping on him so much? What do you expect from a pick in the 50s."mate

There's not many in the NHL that are better defensively than Carlo . Most underrated D by fans but not by coach or teammates .

lecherous

Apr 11, 2002
Rochester, NY
www.voteforrory.com
Sabres fan here, didn't know anything about anyone other than Lysell coming in. The org has done a great job of getting everyone in on the system early, but at this level when there's a breakdown it gets ugly very quickly as you saw yesterday on a couple goals.

I was really disappointed in Lysell, looked like the most disinterested guy on the ice and was playing an individual game when everyone around him was playing a team game. His skill was on display a few times but didn't create any kind of real chances. Hard to really assign anything to someone at 20 years old but he just doesn't look like an NHL caliber forward to me.

On the flip side I thought Lohrei was really really good. It's obvious he still has some adjustments to make but his offensive instincts are very advanced for his age. Great mobility for his size and I didn't notice any major defensive lapses. Didn't get to see much in the way of PP time but he looked like everything you want your PP QB to be, I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 40-50 pts in Providence this year.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Not much to celebrate at this game but the beer and wings...

My 3 stars...

1. Hall - don't think you would notice on bad feed but watching live ... thinking we hear more about Hall this camp ..dude stood out, physical, speed, pain in arse to play against. Would like to see Hall play higher up in the line up.
2. Lohrei - carried the puck into the o zone with ease..thought he looked good/engaged
3. Merk & Lysell made things happen
Honourable mention - Mast (Steady Eddie)

The meh... Poitras and Harrison

The blah ...Halaburda, Farinacci and wft is up (down) with Beecher (I'm worried bruins may have themselves a JAG)

The worst part was no binkie Topo to watch and long border crossing.
A little surprising to hear Hall picked as #1 for the game but that’s not a bad thing. Maybe this is the year that he turns the corner and brings what the Bs drafted him for, a big presence with good overall skill set. Like to hear that he brought a physical presence and was tough along the wall, they need that type of player in their roster.

How did Kuntar look? Heard he scored a beauty backhand but how was he overall? I really like his game, gritty and plays pissed off! Excited to see how he goes in some exhibition Bs games.

What about some of the other invitees and guys like Pederson who I think are in Prov deals - any potentials?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
A little surprising to hear Hall picked as #1 for the game but that’s not a bad thing. Maybe this is the year that he turns the corner and brings what the Bs drafted him for, a big presence with good overall skill set. Like to hear that he brought a physical presence and was tough along the wall, they need that type of player in their roster.

How did Kuntar look? Heard he scored a beauty backhand but how was he overall? I really like his game, gritty and plays pissed off! Excited to see how he goes in some exhibition Bs games.

What about some of the other invitees and guys like Pederson who I think are in Prov deals - any potentials?
TBH I was surprised Hall wasn't mentioned ... I missed Kuntar's goal. IMO Kuntar Harrison and Topo posses shoot first mentality. Something the bruins desperately need. Good seeing Sweeney, McQuaid. 2 rows behind me.

My Binkie Topo was sitting behind me lol.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Glad some folks were impressed by Lorhei - maybe I have no idea what I'm looking at. He's got length, can handle the puck and likes to jump in the play at least.

He's always been a long term prospect. Hope he continues nailing down his game.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
No, I certainly didn't but many have mentioned it as a possibility.
I don’t pay to much attention to prospects being penciled in the roster every year. They haven’t had a kid make it out of the blue in a long time.

Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Sabres fan here, didn't know anything about anyone other than Lysell coming in. The org has done a great job of getting everyone in on the system early, but at this level when there's a breakdown it gets ugly very quickly as you saw yesterday on a couple goals.

I was really disappointed in Lysell, looked like the most disinterested guy on the ice and was playing an individual game when everyone around him was playing a team game. His skill was on display a few times but didn't create any kind of real chances. Hard to really assign anything to someone at 20 years old but he just doesn't look like an NHL caliber forward to me.

On the flip side I thought Lohrei was really really good. It's obvious he still has some adjustments to make but his offensive instincts are very advanced for his age. Great mobility for his size and I didn't notice any major defensive lapses. Didn't get to see much in the way of PP time but he looked like everything you want your PP QB to be, I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 40-50 pts in Providence this year.
The problem you are referring to is the conundrum of kids trying to stand out in camp. It’s a toss up between standing out and team play. Lysell will get it. He has what can’t be teached, skill and speed. He’ll be fine in Providence.

Reactions: Over the volcano

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Lysell not a NHL caliber player? Give your head a shake, he will play NHL games this season at some point.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Rangy. Talented. Yes.

Would love to see him play a few games with the sole intent of smothering an opponent's top line/player.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

from Mark article

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Assistant general manager Jamie Langenbrunner on Matthew Poitras:

“My favorite trait is probably his brain. I think he has a good feel for the game. He puts himself in the right spots. He knows where the puck is going. One thing he does really well is play in tight areas. He knows how to make plays out of there and uses his body despite not being the biggest guy.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad