Confirmed with Link: Bruins player tests positive for COVID-19 - Sweeney news confernce Post #45

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
can you imagine how many co workers have covid19 but dont get tested daily like pro sports. lol.

these pro players are the safest people in the world right now.
Estimates of up to 80% of covid carriers are asymptomatic. We've probably all had it and just never realized it.

Reactions: TCB

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
can you imagine how many co workers have covid19 but dont get tested daily like pro sports. lol.

these pro players are the safest people in the world right now.

Well not the safest, but they are being handled extremely safely, AND they are in extremely low risk categories, being very young and extremely healthy.

Reactions: Maine Fan

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Estimates of up to 80% of covid carriers are asymptomatic. We've probably all had it and just never realized it.

Just to be accurate, 80% of cases are mild or asymptomatic. It’s around 50% who don’t know they have it or believe they might have it but the symptoms aren’t bad enough to get a test and just get told to self quarantine for two weeks.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
wrong.

first hand. My niece caught it from someone that felt absolutely fine yet tested positive. That person was the only person in contact with my niece over a two period.
My niece however got very sick. Tested positive.
How’s she doing, Wally?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They all seem healthy on the surface but...
There's always those with underlying conditions a la Normand Leveille. We never know.

Normand Léveillé - Wikipedia

I watched that game on TV live and it was heartbreaking. One of the best memories of Bruins related things I have is seeing Ray Bourque help Normand skate around the garden one last time before the building closed.

Who's cutting onions right now?? :cry:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Enough with this already. Random antibody tests in Boston hotspots came back around 10% positive. And that is in the places where the virus is/was most prevalent.

Obviously we have not just all had it. The amount of agenda rammed into statements like that is off the charts.

This isn’t even to mention your other sentence is also incorrect.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I watched that game on TV live and it was heartbreaking. One of the best memories of Bruins related things I have is seeing Ray Bourque help Normand skate around the garden one last time before the building closed.

Who's cutting onions right now?? :cry:

I remember all that. I was still living north shore of Montreal back then.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
fully recovered. Thanks. Said it was the worst muscle/joint pain she ever had. She was wiped out for 4 or 5 days. She’s 23. No pre existing conditions and otherwise in perfect health.

She was asked and donated plasma this week.

Hopefully when routine medical visits come back, she gets a scan on her lungs. A lot of stuff coming out about the stealth damage it does.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
World Population Clock: 7.8 Billion People (2020) - Worldometer

In a pandemic should not the numbers be going the other way

The data seems to be taken on July 1 each year. So, the large growth in the 8 months 7/1/2019 to 3/1/2020 might overshadow any decrease in growth in the 4 months from 3/1/2020 to 7/1/2020. The data's so pixelated that it's tough to tell.

Also, you may be mistaking a decrease in growth rate with a decrease in number. The population graph should be decelerating, but still going up - our death rate obviously isn't as high as our birth rate. Just like when you tap the brakes on a car going forward - it doesn't start going backwards, nor does it necessarily come to a stop. The speed just decreases.

Finally, it might take awhile to get the data sorted out. Hell, they're still adjusting the estimate on when we passed 6 billion, which is sometime in 1999. Getting a good estimate on world population is not a trivial matter, and it really is literally a moving target.

Reactions: Gee Wally

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Any chance she can get an antibodies test to verify?

She’s thinking about it.

Was told to wait a bit because the school district where she works might have employees do it over the summer via wherever they contract with.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have a question- have any of you been tested for COVID? What was it like?

I have to be tested Tuesday as I am scheduled for a colonoscopy Friday.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000

got tested last week as requirement for a scope myself. tested negative. like a thin q tip getting put up your nose. small burning sensation for 4 seconds then fine. its scary how facts and best practices are
interpreted by people. doctor took his face mask off while talking to me, said "i dont need this you tested negative". shows you some people even doctors don't understand or follow all the guidance. ask for extra lube... good luck.

Reactions: BMC

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

One of my friends is currently in the police academy and had to get tested recently before he went back along with all the other cadets. Long q-tip stuck deep into your nasal cavity. Told me it didn't hurt, it was just an unpleasant feeling. Said his nose was a little uncomfortable for a little while after.

I'd say the colonoscopy will be the worse of the two.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad