Proposal: Bruins Off-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
kinda shocked Pegula and Botterill want to keep Kane there, tbth, DON'T NEED HEADACHES, like that, we've seen that share(Seguin/Kessel)....

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I'd take Kane...if it stops DS from getting caught up in the AVEs king's ransom.

We've spent a decade trying to find a young defenseman with a certified top-pair NHL defensive ceiling...it would really grind my gears to trade him now...the AVEs stuff scares me because I know they are going to hold out for Carlo...

Offensively talented young defensemen are a dime a dozen...a kid that knows how to to play in his own zone and can do it is a real gem these days.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't think I could come up with a better analogy :laugh:

And knowing how you like guys that can throw down, you condemning Kane should speak volumes.

I do love guys who could pound the **** out of you, but Kane is just so stupid. The brains on that guy, let me tell ya. If Kane wasn't a complete chud of a human being I would love him on this team and i think he'd be a great fit. He's a decently skilled guy with a bit of a mean streak, what's not to like other than the fact that he has as much brains as a baked potato.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I'd take Kane...if it stops DS from getting caught up in the AVEs king's ransom.

We've spent a decade trying to find a young defenseman with a certified top-pair NHL defensive ceiling...it would really grind my gears to trade him now...the AVEs stuff scares me because I know they are going to hold out for Carlo...

Offensively talented young defensemen are a dime a dozen...a kid that knows how to to play in his own zone and can do it is a real gem these days.

Carlo had a great year but I could look ok next to Chara. In my mind Carlo is available for the right return. Give Chara some credit for Carlos stock value.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Could care less if Kane is a nice guy. Go score a goal and get in a fight. Jimmy Hayes was a nice guy

I'm not saying Hayes wasn't a nice guy, but he spent 90% of the season with his palms up complaining about something. Guy's a whiner. Go ahead, Jimbo, blame the ref that you haven't scored since Glenn Murray did.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Carlo had a great year but I could look ok next to Chara. In my mind Carlo is available for the right return. Give Chara some credit for Carlos stock value.

We've seen plenty of people crash and burn with Chara, as smart and solid as Big Z is, he has a limited zone...and you better be in the right spot with him...or you're toast...you really gotta be cognizant playing with Z, because if a guy gets even a quarter step on him or gets him flat footed or even turned...a snail could torch him...

But anyway, yeah, there was certainly a leveling out with Carlo...but I saw everything I needed to see and more to be stoked after what was asked of him at his age in his rookie year. We've seen the foundation...gotta think there's lots of growth room.

If they move this guy I'm gonna retch.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We've seen plenty of people crash and burn with Chara, as smart and solid as Big Z is, he has a limited zone...and you better be in the right spot with him...or you're toast...you really gotta be cognizant playing with Z, because if a guy gets even a quarter step on him or gets him flat footed or even turned...a snail could torch him...

But anyway, yeah, there was certainly a leveling out with Carlo...but I saw everything I needed to see and more to be stoked after what was asked of him at his age in his rookie year. We've seen the foundation...gotta think there's lots of growth room.

If they move this guy I'm gonna retch.

If they can somehow gameplan for Chara to never, ever pinch i'd be a happy camper. Can't count how many times he came down the wing and ended up getting burned. If he can work on that, he's going to be a rock. I thought he played great at the end of the season, it's just some bonehead moves really, really cost him.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
If they can somehow gameplan for Chara to never, ever pinch i'd be a happy camper. Can't count how many times he came down the wing and ended up getting burned. If he can work on that, he's going to be a rock. I thought he played great at the end of the season, it's just some bonehead moves really, really cost him.

Exactly. And you can see it in slow motion...you're like "nooooo..." as the guy slowly pulls around Chara like he's standing still...because he pretty-much is...heh...

I like McAvoy with Z. He needs some make-up wheels. I'd like to see Krug/Carlo pair 1, Chara/McAvoy pair 2.

This HAS GOT to be the year Z's mins come down at least a bit.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

You could say Chara had his best year last year. Mentoring while remaining a top 2 Dman is something! He's an organizational beast!

Future coach I hope

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Playing on the first pairing and playing a good number of minutes will wear even a veteran down to some extent over the course of an NHL season. Carlo started the season at 19 yrs of age and will only get stronger. I think his decrease in effectiveness in the second half of the season was due mainly to being young. He played 82 games and averaged 20+ minutes a game on the top pairing. As he fills out his large frame and gains strength and stamina he will be fine. Kid is going to be a stud in a couple years.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I think there's also a case that the Bruins could stand a bit more "obnoxiousness." Some would certainly say Marchand covers that and then some...but I'm not sure...as long as Kane isn't a issue in the room, which is a valid concern, I bet he'd work out on the ice. Just a hunch.

But whatever...like people said...tough to call a BUF/BOS move.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Could care less if Kane is a nice guy. Go score a goal and get in a fight. Jimmy Hayes was a nice guy

28 goals last year with a slow start as well. Lots of people even admit they hated Marchand but look what patience and respecting the on-ice play gets you.

People here would turn down Patrick Kane as well. :help:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Kane's a really tough player. Bruins fans would adore him, I'd definitely take a shot. Spooner+.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if edmonton and draisailt break down and if chiarelli/neely can be civil.. would anyone here make this deal?

krejci (2.25 mill retained)
krug
chara

for
draisailt
sekerea

we would be taking on around 3 mill in extra cap hit going forward the next few years... downgrading a bit from krug to sekera.. cutting ties with chara... it would hurt a bit but i see top lines with draisailt/pastrnak and bergeron/marchand being something we could win a cup with

i think krejci/chara might wave to play with chiarelli/mcdavid. i think this trade makes edmonton the favorite to win the cup this year... their d would be scary good adding krug/chara to klefbom/larson russell/nurse

our d would be ok i think next year when the kids are more seasoned... mcavoy/carlo/miller are strong down the right but sekera would be our only proven left side guy this year and hes hurt

so my trade hurts us this year but i am a huge draisdailt fan and id want to put in a bid on him if edmonton cant get him signed

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You could say Chara had his best year last year. Mentoring while remaining a top 2 Dman is something! He's an organizational beast!

Future coach I hope

No, you could not say that Chara had his best year last year, not even close.

He did have a good year, a bounce-back year, and despite your claims that he's overrated, I believe that Carlo played a large part in that. This year I'm hoping McAvoy makes him look good.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
No, you could not say that Chara had his best year last year, not even close.

He did have a good year, a bounce-back year, and despite your claims that he's overrated, I believe that Carlo played a large part in that. This year I'm hoping McAvoy makes him look good.

Can't measure impact on youth players. You missed the point

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad