Proposal: Bruins Off-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
With so many good kids coming up and the system so full it's up to him to perform or get left behind. That's just how it is. He got on Claude's bad side and after a few games Butch didn't think that he was up to what he expected of him too. Time to say bye bye, it's best for the team and best for him.

Which kid is going to put up 40-50 points next year? Spooner will do it, just unremarkably. If he's the 3rd line center next year I have no problem with it. He's not part of our future plan barring massive changes, but he can certainly bridge the gap.

I agree it'd be best for both sides if we could move him, but we shouldn't dump him. He's worth more than we'd get. If nothing else, hope for a rebound year and trade him for inflated value at the deadline.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
has boston sucked the last couple years?

with 188 points we are 6th in the conference only behind washington, pittsbugh, rangers all over 200... and islanders and tampa both in low 190s

despite everything we want to complain about... julien... refs out to get us... chara miscast... belesky/hayes... the incompetence of sweeny and chiarelli before him...

still 6th best record in east over last 2 seasons.

Sentiment like this is how Harry Sinden managed to stay in charge for as long as he did without winning a cup.

I have no problem going the Pittsburgh tank and rebuild philosophy if you do it right, being a mediocre team that traditionally has drafter poorly like the Bruins that may not be the best philosophy.

One cup in 45 years, many of those years being a "top" team in the league but being just good enough to not win the cup, or just good enough to lose if you prefer.

Having the sixth best record only means the five teams better than you win while you placate a fan base used to losing and being fed crap by ownership, being given false hope to keep you buying tickets and beer and accepting mediocrity

Last edited:

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Sentiment like this is how Harry Sinden managed to stay in charge for as long as he did without winning a cup.

I have no problem going the Pittsburgh tank and rebuild philosophy if you do it right, being a mediocre team that traditionally has drafter poorly like the Bruins that may not be the best philosophy.

One cup in 45 years, many of those years being a "top" team in the league but being just good enough to not win the cup, or just good enough to lose if you prefer.

Having the sixth best record only means the five teams better than you win while you placate a fan base used to losing and being fed crap by ownership, being given false hope to keep you buying tickets and beer and accepting mediocrity

QFT!!!

:handclap:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
To Boston:

LW Evander Kane (50% Retained)

To Buffalo:

LW Jake DeBrusk
2018 2nd Round Pick

28 goals in 70 games, power forward in the shoot first style (Horton or Lucic) to be put with Krejci at $2,625,000.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
To Boston:

To Buffalo:

LW Jake DeBrusk
2018 2nd Round Pick

28 goals in 70 games, power forward in the shoot first style (Horton or Lucic) to be put with Krejci at $2,625,000.

Likely would cost more with the retainment. 2nd and a prospect. Unless they are enamored with DeBrusk, they likely pass unless there is incentive.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To Boston:

To Buffalo:

LW Jake DeBrusk
2018 2nd Round Pick

Personally I pass. I think Kane is just a bad guy, and I think Debrusk can be a solid middle 6 winger who plays a 200 foot game.

The only benefit is Kane is a UFA at the end of the year, so he might try this season, so he can cash in

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
To Boston:

To Buffalo:

LW Jake DeBrusk
2018 2nd Round Pick

Wouldn't even do Debrusk straight up for him. With all the rookies coming in I don't want a guy like Kane there to potentially rock the boat.

I don't doubt Chara/Bergy/Backes can handle Kane in the locker room, I just worry about 2-4 years from now.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
To Boston:

To Buffalo:

LW Jake DeBrusk
2018 2nd Round Pick

DS and Jason Botterill pass, remember who owns Buffalo and why would we trade inter-division, Coach.... unless Pegula flat out tells Botterill to trade Kane, it won't be here....

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
It's probably too early to be speculating on this, but would anyone be interested in John Carlson. He's a UFA after this season, and after the cap mess that Washington has put themselves into, I wonder if they'll be able to retain him. Thoughts?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's probably too early to be speculating on this, but would anyone be interested in John Carlson. He's a UFA after this season, and after the cap mess that Washington has put themselves into, I wonder if they'll be able to retain him. Thoughts?

Tough call.

He is a very good player, but a RHD. Can you afford to bring in a 6.5 mil a year RHD next offseason, with Carlo and McAvoy a year from big pay raises. Suddenly you would jump from a RHD set that costs you 4.5 million this year, to potentially having a set of RHD costing you 16 million or so in 2 years.

I guess a lot would depend on how Carlo and McAvoy develop this year, and of course the ultimate cost on JC

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Wouldn't even do Debrusk straight up for him. With all the rookies coming in I don't want a guy like Kane there to potentially rock the boat.

I don't doubt Chara/Bergy/Backes can handle Kane in the locker room, I just worry about 2-4 years from now.

Agree with not trading DeBrusk straight up for him, due to his past history. Worried that Chara and Bergy didn't handle SEGUIN issues so no reason to think they would be better with Kane.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Does anyone really care about the following regarding Evander Kane:

Trading non blue chip prospects within the division or conference?

That Kevan Miller and Kane talked trash about each other?

Or that the Bruins traded
Seguin?

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Don't need Kane.
I wouldn't mind some Duschene but it's not looking good.

Give me a star C with a good contract and I'd probably move Rask+.
Rask and Carlo for Bo Horvat!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Evander Kane is the one kid in high school who you'd never invite to a party because he's an absolute tool and would attempt to kick a hole in your wall.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Evander Kane is the one kid in high school who you'd never invite to a party because he's an absolute tool and would attempt to kick a hole in your wall.

I don't think I could come up with a better analogy :laugh:

And knowing how you like guys that can throw down, you condemning Kane should speak volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->