Confirmed with Link: Bruins name Cassidy, Pandolfo Assistant Coaches

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I was wondering why my Twitter timeline was acting like it's the end of the world. Well...this explains it. I can only hope that the Bruins have an easy first 3 months, so Clode can't get fired. Of course, if Sweeney really wants to can Clode, he can also screw him over the summer by assembling a roster that's...how would he put this...."designed for the future of our franchise".

Sidebar: I'm a dinosaur that still mostly uses IE. Anyone else have problems getting these articles from the B's official site? Only website that doesn't work for me...so I hop to another browser to get hockey news.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is the best they can do? It feels like they are settling... similar to what they've done with the roster recently.

If the Bruins really need a recent ex-player then ask Recchi, not Pandolfo of all players.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Feels like they are going super short term with this move and just hiring the guys already around who don't have to relocate or anything. Julien must not have been given a very long shopping list.

Wonder who is ahead of whom to be interim between Cassidy and Sacco if Claude gets fired mid season?

Don't think this is a huge deal but if you are getting rid of 2 assistants to bring in new faces....well I sort of want the new faces not 2 guys our players have been coached by at camp etc.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don't know why we care so much about Sacco returning... Does anybody really know how good he is at his responsibilities with the Bruins or are we basing it off the fact he had a ****** head coach run in another organization?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Oh I already knew ;)

He will make a great assistant coach and looks like he's on deck

not-sure-if-fry-meme.jpg

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Don't know why we care so much about Sacco returning... Does anybody really know how good he is at his responsibilities with the Bruins or are we basing it off the fact he had a ****** head coach run in another organization?

It's also because he suffers from a horrible case of Dumb Face.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'm not going to weigh in on the pros and cons of Doug Jarvis.

However, if you're telling me key reason to keep a given assistant coach is for face-offs, I've just got to say that's a bit over the top.

Introducing the 2016/17 Coaching Staff.

Ed Smith - Asst Coach: Faceoffs
Paul Smith - Asst Coach: Left Wing Rushes
Joe Smith - Asst Coach: Right Wing Rushes
Dave Smith - Asst Coach: Goalie Pulled Scenarios
Steve Smith - Asst Coach: Power Play
Al Smith - Asst Coach: PK
Bo Smith - Asst Coach: OT 4-3 Strategy
Ty Smith - Asst Coach: OT Shootouts and Penalty Shots
Jeff Smith - Asst Coach: Shot Blocking
Don Smith - Asst Coach: Offsides Avoidance
FYI, Paul Smith announced his retirement at the end of the regular season and Ty Smith was recently signed as asst. coach with Colorado. Sorry. ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure if I believe that is your honest opinion.

It is I'm serious - he will be an excellent assistant; I do hope Claude let's him speak he can be engaging especially when the spot light is not brightest

if he should become head coach I'm not sure- lot of pressure and not for everyone

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
If you're from MA, went to school here, or played for the Bruins in the past, you move to the top of the pile.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
It is I'm serious - he will be an excellent assistant; I do hope Claude let's him speak he can be engaging especially when the spot light is not brightest

if he should become head coach I'm not sure- lot of pressure and not for everyone

If you had to pick 1, would you rather him, Sacco, or Pandolfo as the HC?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
So the coach that should have been fired in Providence is coming up to help the coach who should have been fired in Boston.
Fabulous

Of all the coaches to let go, they decided to axe Houda and Jarvis?

And SACCO stays?

These moves are a little puzzling. I am very curious to see who takes over the coaching reins in Providence. That move may signal the long-term plan (in terms of who may succeed Julien).

Last edited:

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
These moves are a little puzzling. I am very curious to takes over the coaching reins in Providence. That move may signal the long-term plan (in terms of who may succeed Julien).

For the love of God, let it be a new face.

I like Jay a lot I think he's going to be a gem in this org

Thanks. I was hoping that was your answer.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I suspect we will see a college team brought into Providence. Nate Leaman would be an obvious option during to his previous proximity to the team, and his well regarded development program.

Leaman is building a kingdom at PC, a team on the verge of being a lock every season for the NCAA tourney and a perennial Frozen Four favorite. He's only leaving for the NHL or if some giant program throws their state checkbook at him and tells him to fill in a number.

I agree with DKH. I'd be shocked if Dean doesn't get the head gig in Providence.

I am a little surprised that Pandolfo wasn't kept in the Sweeney role of defacto minor league GM. But I guess he prefers coaching.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Honestly, I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I didn't dislike the guys who were let go and I don't dislike the guys who are coming in and/or staying. Time will tell, I guess.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
We don't have nearly enough ex-Bruins or guys with local ties in the organization. They need to get cracking on this.

And Cassidy's wikipedia page about his coaching is borderline depressing. It appears he's successful at failing or being mediocre pretty much everywhere, which is really reassuring.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00