Confirmed with Link: Bruins name Cassidy, Pandolfo Assistant Coaches

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So the coach that should have been fired in Providence is coming up to help the coach who should have been fired in Boston.
Fabulous

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Yikes, Sacco and Cassidy next in line if they decide to can Clode during the season? Abandon ship! Women and children first please!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:banghead:

Cassidy recently completed his fifth season as head coach of the Providence Bruins in 2015-16, having spent the three previous seasons (2008-11) with the club as an assistant. The 50-year-old native of Ottawa, Ontario compiled a 207-128-45 overall record in 380 games at the helm, including winning seasons in all five years and postseason berths in each of his final four seasons in Providence. In 2015-16, Cassidy helped lead the P-Bruins to a 41-22-13 record. Current Bruins players in the organization with NHL experience who have played under Cassidy during his tenure as P-Bruins head coach include: Noel Acciari, Tommy Cross, Brian Ferlin, Seth Griffith, Alexander Khokhlachev, Torey Krug, Colin Miller, Kevan Miller, Joe Morrow, David Pastrnak, Tyler Randell, Ryan Spooner, Malcolm Subban, Zach Trotman and Frank Vatrano.

Cassidy’s previous NHL experience includes a stint as head coach of the Washington Capitals from 2002-04, as he helped lead the Caps to a 39-29-8-6 record and a postseason berth in his first season with the team. Following his exit from Washington, he served as an assistant coach with the Chicago Blackhawks for the 2005-06 season.

member 96824

A single tear rolls down Duane Knight's cheek somewhere as he puts another call into the Quad City Mallards front office demanding the head of Terry Ruskowski

Last edited by a moderator:

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
It was a bad move to get rid of doug jarvis. Bruins face-off percentage will not be at the top of the league anymore. Will be chasing puck around more often which will lead to less zone time and less puck possession time which is a key statistic for the top teams in the nhl. Puck possession is the key buzz word in today's game and the bruins will be chasing the puck. Good luck with not too fleet of foot players in chara, siedenberg, McQuaid on the team once again.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
So the coach that should have been fired in Providence is coming up to help the coach who should have been fired in Boston.
Fabulous

:laugh:

Why are they so afraid of bringing in a fresh face?

I don't know much about Pandolfo's coaching ability but the other 2 aren't even close to good enough to be head coaches. Lets just hope that doesn't happen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So Sacco and his stale PP set-up stays.

Cassidy, who hasn't developed a single full-time D-man in Providence in two seasons, is now running the D. Yes, it's not completely his fault, but he's had a part to play like it or not.

Talk about rewarding mediocrity.

Pandolfo is likely the eye in the sky. About the only assistant I have any confidence in.

Sacco and Cassidy will be co-coaches by Thanksgiving weekend at this rate.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
I suspect we will see a college team brought into Providence. Nate Leaman would be an obvious option during to his previous proximity to the team, and his well regarded development program.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The Sacco curse continues for another year...

I'm very concerned about Cassidy. My thoughts about him are very well documented :laugh:

My thing is, if they we're going to clean house, they should of went all out and fired Clode. At the end of the day, he's still the head of the snake. I don't see much changing at all. But who knows..well see if something changes. Cause we need a change.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It was a bad move to get rid of doug jarvis. Bruins face-off percentage will not be at the top of the league anymore. Will be chasing puck around more often which will lead to less zone time and less puck possession time which is a key statistic for the top teams in the nhl. Puck possession is the key buzz word in today's game and the bruins will be chasing the puck. Good luck with not too fleet of foot players in chara, siedenberg, McQuaid on the team once again.

I'm not going to weigh in on the pros and cons of Doug Jarvis.

However, if you're telling me key reason to keep a given assistant coach is for face-offs, I've just got to say that's a bit over the top.

Introducing the 2016/17 Coaching Staff.

Ed Smith - Asst Coach: Faceoffs
Paul Smith - Asst Coach: Left Wing Rushes
Joe Smith - Asst Coach: Right Wing Rushes
Dave Smith - Asst Coach: Goalie Pulled Scenarios
Steve Smith - Asst Coach: Power Play
Al Smith - Asst Coach: PK
Bo Smith - Asst Coach: OT 4-3 Strategy
Ty Smith - Asst Coach: OT Shootouts and Penalty Shots
Jeff Smith - Asst Coach: Shot Blocking
Don Smith - Asst Coach: Offsides Avoidance

Ad