Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Sens: Oh, we've got trouble. We're in terrible, terrible trouble.

Elmer

Dec 18, 2014
Boston
:help:

You Krejci haters just never learn.

Too many passengers in the leadership department on this team. Chara and Krejci are the proverbial "Lead by example". Well, how'd that work out for Tyler Seguin? Can't tell me if Seguin had a real captain in his face he wouldn't have straightened up. With an even keel, monotone robot coach like Clode, leadership is paramount. This team doesn't have that and it shows. If you ask me I would rip the "C" off of Chara's jersey and give it Bergeron, while he may not be a vocal leader at least he has some talent left. Big Z is a big hot mess now. Reminds me of Jim Ed Rice at the end, sad.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I almost threw my remote at my tv when Reilly Smith turned the puck over in the defensive zone on the PP after the Bs just scored to take the lead.. Like.. holy ****ing ****

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Too many passengers in the leadership department on this team. Chara and Krejci are the proverbial "Lead by example". Well, how'd that work out for Tyler Seguin? Can't tell me if Seguin had a real captain in his face he wouldn't have straightened up. With an even keel, monotone robot coach like Clode, leadership is paramount. This team doesn't have that and it shows. If you ask me I would rip the "C" off of Chara's jersey and give it Bergeron, while he may not be a vocal leader at least he has some talent left. Big Z is a big hot mess now. Reminds me of Jim Ed Rice at the end, sad.

How do you know who the vocal leaders are? I don't know....none of us are in the room so all this bull about this guy or that guy not doing their job as a "leader" is nothing more than fanboy(girl) conjecture.

I know that blaming Z for our woes is the hot ticket right now, but there is not one player who has done their job consistently throughout the season. Not one. Bergy has been the best, but even he has had much more "off" nights that he usually does. As far as Z...yeah he is getting older and the fact that he had a pretty serious knee injury does not help that at all. I will cut him some slack.

What we need is to ditch useless salary like say Soupy and Paille and potentially even Kells (although he has been good this season) and bring in some young blood. Guys that have something to prove, motivation, drive and above all, passion. For too long, Clode has had his precious binkies and look where that has gotten us....at team with no speed, no skill and no real focus or desire.

Guys like soupy and Paille are supposed to be energy guys....but...where is the energy? Yet there they are logging significant minutes. Smith has been struggling mightily, yet he remains in the line up game in and game out.

No, I don't see leadership as the real issue here....actually it is....It's the leadership behind the bench. CJ is a great coach, but he is a one trick pony who is seemingly incapable of adapting his system to fit his personnel. Rather he will sit valuable tools in favor of his safe and comfortable binkies. I honestly thought that I would never say this....but I am ready to move on from Clode. He, like this team, has become stale.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I don't hate Krejci.....pretty immature response.....

I don't agree he is a leader......

Oh really now...you deem my response immature...

I guess that this one is terribly offensive then.

Just because I disagree with you does not make me immature. Now had I insulted you or belittled you, then yes. But I did neither.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
Oh really now...you deem my response immature...

I guess that this one is terribly offensive then.

Just because I disagree with you does not make me immature. Now had I insulted you or belittled you, then yes. But I did neither.

Calling someone a "hater" when you disagree with them is what I find immature......

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
If Bergeron doesn't miss his open net shot on the PP and make it 3-1 early in the 1st, Smith, Paille and Rask mistakes don't happen, we win the game, have a 6pts lead and the sky ain't falling.

Still can't beleive he shot over the crossbar from that close with the net wide open...

Bergeron choose a very bad time to have one of his worst game of the season...

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If Bergeron doesn't miss his open net shot on the PP and make it 3-1 early in the 1st, Smith, Paille and Rask mistakes don't happen, we win the game, have a 6pts lead and the sky ain't falling.

Still can't beleive he shot over the crossbar from that close with the net wide open...

really good point. Bruins have had a lot of trouble bearing down and finishing when they have the chance. That has come back to haunt them a lot.

I did think that play was evened out when Hoffman missed that point blank open net off the Rask turnover though...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
really good point. Bruins have had a lot of trouble bearing down and finishing when they have the chance. That has come back to haunt them a lot.

I did think that play was evened out when Hoffman missed that point blank open net off the Rask turnover though...

True. But with a 3-1 lead, everything after that don't happen the same way it did. Butterfly effect caused by the Bergeron miss...

Rask too choose a very bad game to play a stinker after the great stretch he was in before sitting with general soreness against Buffalo.

If we have any chance to make the playoffs, Rask can't have too many nights like yesterday...

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Calling someone a "hater" when you disagree with them is what I find immature......

we all have varying thresholds I suppose.

If I offended you, I apologize. I was not aware that that term was offensive. Excuse my ignorance...I am an old guy...I aint so up with young speak.

Now....let's get back to bashing the Bruins.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I almost threw my remote at my tv when Reilly Smith turned the puck over in the defensive zone on the PP after the Bs just scored to take the lead.. Like.. holy ****ing ****

Before remotes we waited till someone got up

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
we all have varying thresholds I suppose.

If I offended you, I apologize. I was not aware that that term was offensive. Excuse my ignorance...I am an old guy...I aint so up with young speak.

Now....let's get back to bashing the Bruins.

I'm old too..... don't worry about it, it's more annoying than offensive.....

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

That is a very good possibility if Bergy did score.
However, things like this somehow balance themselves out during the course of the year.
We had some games not too long ago where the other team either missed a golden opportunity or hit iron and the B's won some of those game too.

What I am trying to say is the bruin's need to dig deep inside and play flawless D if they want ot smell any PO's this year.
I had called Ottawa bing the team to be aware of soon after the trade deadline and some posters thought I was way off.
The Sens control their destiny just like the B's do now and what the B's will have to do is clear their own matters and not rely on anybody else.
This team makes too many mental errors on D and they also blow a lot of hot air in front of the net with great scoring chances that simply do not get buried.

I will also add one more thing, last night with less than a minute to go, Krug had a chance to break through the Sens D and he had the puck and had some good speed and just needed to push a little more and he would have had a nice opportunity on goal to make a difference and perhaps tie the game.
Instead, Krug decided to pass the puck behind him and all the play getting to that point went wasted on more time without a shot on net when all we needed was one chance to tie the game and Krug gave it away instead.
Too many scenarios where our players are not making the correct decisions when the opportunity presents itself.
If the mental errors are not eliminated from here to the end we will be seing the Sens because they seem to know where they are going on this incredible high and spectacular run to the end of the season.

I am still hoping for the best but I am starting to feel like Boston Bruins team....defeated...:(

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I would rather make the playoffs and get smoked in every game against Montreal than to miss the playoffs.

Not me. I would hate to see the B's be totally embarrassed by the scabs in the playoffs.

Hab fans rooting for us.lol

The only reason the hab fans are rooting for the Bruins is because they know they have a much better chance of beating Boston than Ottawa.

The Sens have no respect for the habs, and know how to beat them, while the B's lack of speed, and Julien's system doesn't fair well against the habs.

That is why part of me wouldn't mind seeing the Sens overtake the B's for the last wildcard spot, so they can eliminate those stinking habs.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Not me. I would hate to see the B's be totally embarrassed by the scabs in the playoffs.

The only reason the hab fans are rooting for the Bruins is because they know they have a much better chance of beating Boston than Ottawa.

The Sens have no respect for the habs, and know how to beat them, while the B's lack of speed, and Julien's system doesn't fair well against the habs.

That is why part of me wouldn't mind seeing the Sens overtake the B's for the last wildcard spot, so they can eliminate those stinking habs.

The Habs will lose in round 1 to any team they play. Bruins included.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

He needs to go

And why is he still in that position on the PP? He routinely makes bad decisions in those situations

Generally im very positive about the Bruins but I have to say, i don't have a good feeling anymore about them holding a spot

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
He needs to go

And why is he still in that position on the PP? He routinely makes bad decisions in those situations

Generally im very positive about the Bruins but I have to say, i don't have a good feeling anymore about them holding a spot

I'm hoping they have a 2010 push in them in this last stretch, I always remember that game against the Canes as a big one that got them going (3 SHG and Bergy pulling the puck off the goal line preventing an own goal).

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The Habs will lose in round 1 to any team they play. Bruins included.

What makes you think that?

With the best goalie in the world, and the refs on their payroll, I highly doubt the habs will lose to any team they play in the 1st round.....especially the Bruins.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
What makes you think that?

With the best goalie in the world, and the refs on their payroll, I highly doubt the habs will lose to any team they play in the 1st round.....especially the Bruins.

I have this strange feeling they will lose in the first round too, a
Actually. Dunno why, just a random feeling.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015

I posted this right after the first period. This would have sunk the senators and hammond as after that miss he made some key saves and somewhat found his rhythm.

The bruins have always been a team that to me has always lacked going for the throat when their opponent is down.

Let's just hope someone in that dressing room is reminding then they are still up 2 points and have a massive weekend coming up.

Let's grab some points and roll into the playoffs

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Would he have really got that much if Chia let it go to arbitration?

Maybe, maybe not, it doesn't matter. As I said you might very well dislike the player but it's not like it's some sort of an albatross contract you wouldn't be able to move if need arose.
As for why he got the type of money at that particular time, who knows what the deal with his agent was back when he signed that one year bridge deal on the cheap to keep the Bruins cap compliant.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany

That was pretty brutal. To be fair Hoffman had a miss of similarily epic proportions shortly thereafter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad