Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose shootout in Everglades - Ottawa creeps closer

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I really think this team is as done with this season as we all are. The lack of effort has been there for a while. They played with some determination during that win streak where most of us thought they had turned the corner. I don't know what exactly happened but it's borderline heart breaking, as I'm sure it is for all of them.

I don't see a lack of effort...I see a lack of energy relative to our opponents. That is partly mental though, and you might see it suddenly return after their next win. But really, they've played a ton of games lately without a break of longer than a day.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I'm really disappointed with Lucic tonight. The guy was invisible. :shakehead Its not that the team didn't try hard, they just don't have that desire or fire within them. They have no fight. Such a soft team. Sad to see. And Chara looked awful.

I'm not giving up on the season though. I think they still have a good chance of making it, and then, well anything can happen. Maybe the return of Krejci and Connolly can jump start them again. :dunno:

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Ownership,Management,Coaching Staff and 80-90% of the players of this team need an attitude adjustment and a sense of direction.Hopefully missing the playoffs this year can help make this happen.

It all started with incompetence vs Hab teams in recent years and there lackadaisical attitude towards it. What worry they say ? We are the better team ! Why worry ? We have been through playoff series like no other teams ! We play our system and there is no one that can beat us !

Well here is where we are at because of this lackadaisical attitude and I really think it somehow needs to be shocked out of them.

Great post. :clap:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Not so much wins but points at this juncture, 15 points in my best guess.

We no longer control our own destiny.

With 9 games left we have one point ahead of Ottawa who has a game in hand. We could win all 9 remaining games and if Ottawa were to win 10, we're golfing.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am in the minority but I thought the Bruins played well last night. If you want to believe players like Chara, Kelly and Bergy don't care, I don't know what to say.

Picking apart what they say is ridiculous - twist it any way you want if it helps you deal with the disappointment. This team has been through the wringer this season and to be where they are is not surprising.

The injuries (yes, I know, you can't blame that....) have made an impact, like it or not - a few of those losses when they were missing numerous key players made the difference. 3, 4 games and they may not be in this position.

I think the mental toll, as well as the physical toll, has been too much. I understand the negativity to a point, but they are after all human beings, and I believe they do care about what is happening.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not making excuses, but IMO the schedule is affecting us.

the sched is hardly ideal, had the boys taken care of business like they should have, the B`s could be resting bodies in preparation for the playoffs rather than going into panic mode over barely clinging to the final playoff spot

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think you're pretty much agreeing with me.

If there was a guy that was a good fit in Smith's slot he probably would have been there a while ago.

The move was made for the reasons I mentioned. Right or wrong, Clode thought he had a better chance with Smith out and guys that bring some intangibles and won't hurt ya in.

In the end, it was sit Smith... and then do whatever is left.
Yep, I was agreeing with you,

I'm hoping that connolly will explode here, we need something like that badly.
Talbot trade hasn't given us that much, he's been okay but we really didn't need another 4th liner so all the hope is in connolly
Would you think that Reilly Smith is back tonight against the Bolts no?

Depends on krecji.

OutspokenMinority*

Would you think that Reilly Smith is back tonight against the Bolts no?

they lost, so yes. claude tends to be very fixed in this way. win, stay. lose, change.

Separately, Hayes looks like a real stud. i remember how big he looked in college but for whatever reason i didn't expect him to look so much bigger than everyone at the NHL level.

very solid, efficient centerman.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
At this point I'm hoping Seids accidentally takes out Campbell in practice like he did Brett. That's the ONLY way he wind play. He's awful. And the fact he keeps getting a lot of minutes is insane. Pie on the 1st line is awful too. He's not a 1st line winger. And once Brett abd Krejci come back I'd sit him along with Soup.

We need the drive and determination that the young kids bring. Ferlin brought life to the 4th line. We need an attitude adjustment. We need a spark. I don't see the will to win with some of these guys. Which is a stark contrast to Ottawa and Florida. I still believe they've tuned Claude out a LONG time ago (just like in Jersey...) but I'll refrain from bringing it up again.

They just get outworked, out hustled, each game. No hitting. No anger. No identity. Something has to give here.
And not getting a dman at the deadline was FOOLISH. Here's hoping we sign someone and they pull a Krug cause we need it. Not sure if Morrow is our answer with Dougie down. Seidenberg is awful. Chara looks dead. Man. Its just not the same guys out there. We look defeated so easily. C'mon boys. Time to show us you still want it.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
At this point I'm hoping Seids accidentally takes out Campbell in practice like he did Brett. That's the ONLY way he wind play. He's awful. And the fact he keeps getting a lot of minutes is insane. Pie on the 1st line is awful too. He's not a 1st line winger. And once Brett abd Krejci come back I'd sit him along with Soup.

We need the drive and determination that the young kids bring. Ferlin brought life to the 4th line. We need an attitude adjustment. We need a spark. I don't see the will to win with some of these guys. Which is a stark contrast to Ottawa and Florida. I still believe they've tuned Claude out a LONG time ago (just like in Jersey...) but I'll refrain from bringing it up again.

They just get outworked, out hustled, each game. No hitting. No anger. No identity. Something has to give here.
And not getting a dman at the deadline was FOOLISH. Here's hoping we sign someone and they pull a Krug cause we need it. Not sure if Morrow is our answer with Dougie down. Seidenberg is awful. Chara looks dead. Man. Its just not the same guys out there. We look defeated so easily. C'mon boys. Time to show us you still want it.

I understand how you would think not getting a D at the deadline is foolish but to me it is a sign that they are not all in this season. They knew there would be cap problems if they did what they did last season and they made the choice to go for it last year. This is a transition year in my opinion. There will be a big change coming, I believe we are looking at wholesale changes in the offseason.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Depends on krecji.[/QUOTE]

If krecji is back here's the line up I want to see

Looch spoons krecji
Marchy Bergy pasta
Smith Soda Erikkson
Ferlin kelly paille

I think Smith has been awful lately but he's a young player so let's see how he responds.

There's many other guys who need a seat in the press box.

Campbell for one

Seidenberg- unfortunately not in a position to bench him but he has not looked right all year.

Talbot- I understand this is a character guy however he brings nothing different then Campbell does and he has not been very effective at all since coming here.

I think Krecji on the wing will help spooner and it gives boston that face off guy on that like as spoons is not strong on the draw.

Pasta- think this guy will be a great offensive addition to the Bergy line and playing with Bergy will help him in the D zone.

I understand smith needed to be a seat in the press box but any team with Danny Paille on it's first line is not a playoff team.. Period

Also IMO kelly looks very slow and soda and Erikkson need some skill on their wing and hopefully smith can come back and provide this.

Ferlin- quite frankly this guy deserves to be in the lineup. He like spooner has played his way in. He doesn't put up the points but for a 4th liner has done everything right.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
We still clamoring to take away the captaincy from Chara, or have we cooled off yet?

**** it, let's fire Claude and make Cassidy the coach, that she ounds reasonable.

I'm not seeing the lack of effort out there and I'm not gonna take half a quote from Chara and lose my mind over it. I just see a banged up hockey team that is playing Daniel Paille on their top line. They scored one goal. That **** is gonna happen when Paille is on your best line.

I'm not gonna get mad at a puppy for ******** in the house if it hasn't been properly trained. I'm not gonna get mad at a team that cant put the puck in the net when two of their "scoring" wingers are Kelly and Paille. I'm not naive enough to think we were all of a sudden gonna start clicking offensively when we replaced a struggling top 6 guy with a struggling 4th liner. As poor as Smith has played the last two weeks, he needs to be in the lineup on the biggest day of the year PERIOD. Without him our scoring depth thins immensely. All of a sudden you go from 2.5 scoring lines to 1.5 scoring lines with him out of the lineup (because you at least gotta be weary of him in the offensive end, he's a 50 point guy whether you like him or not).

Idk, maybe so much wrong has happened this season that I'm dead inside. Hamilton going down was an extra kick in the nuts.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I love Z. They did try, but the team needs a different attitude. Honestly, I've only seen that fire from Rask this season. And he's the most overworked of any player.

Speaking of anything resembling "satisfied" with that game should be the furthest thing from our captain's lips.

If you're the team you think you are, you win these games. And you're not happy with the one point you received for trying.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Speaking of anything resembling "satisfied" with that game should be the furthest thing from our captain's lips.

If you're the team you think you are, you win these games. And you're not happy with the one point you received for trying.

Agreed. How can you and what is there to be satisfied about when you just lost games to the Caps, Sens and Panthers (the 3 teams you are fighting for a playoff spot with and NEED TO BEAT) in addition to losing to the worst team in the league.

There is nothing good to be said or taken from anything in the last 4 game stretch.

Typical bullcrap that is spewed from Julien's mouth is now reiterated by his captain. "We played hard , the bounces didn't go our way but we should be proud of our effort and thought the boys really came together tonight. We're satisfied." BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! Might as well pack it up and not even bother playing the remaining 11 games if that's your kind of attitude right now.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto

Maybe Z's comment about being satisfied is relative to what the team is. He knows this is not a Cup contending team, they are offensively challenged at times (like now) and their overall team defence is not even close to what it was in the Cup year.... so his comment is right this team can't really play much better... this year should be a transition year, make some hard decisions in the off season including trading Z, firing Claude and other personnel moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00