Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 6-5 to the Habs in a shootout

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bruins as a team can't hold a lead. 4-2 in the third is game over. They don't bear down defensively as a team.

They do not have a killer instinct anymore.

Used to they would shut the opposition down with this kind of lead.

Now we give them free shots at our goalie.

Afam*

Maybe its time for a player's only meeting or a team meeting. Cup contenders/Cup aspiring team/ cup champions don't constantly blow third period leads. WTF.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
You've been after the guy for awhile now. Getting stale.

Made lots of big saves in this one, B's D let him down pretty good on most of those goals.

Actually he didn't make many big saves, Habs goalies yes, Rask, no.The last 2 games we have clearly out chanced Montreal but the B's just aren't getting clutch saves from Rask. The Hab goalies are giving up goals but are also making a ton og big saves.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Man I hate that team. Bruins struggle in the third yet again.

Also not very confident in Rask right now. However, he was great in the shootout.

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
why cant we put it all together for one game? We cant score we only give up 2, we score 5 our d sucks and goalies cant stop a beach ball

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
He played the shot on the Gallagher goal and it hit Seidenberg in the face bouncing to the perfect spot. The tying goal went in off of Chara's stick. I'm still waiting for which goal tonight was Rask's fault. People can say he doesn't make the timely save all they want but there wasn't one to be made tonight when your own d are deflecting them by you.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
The call at the end of the game on Johnson was a blown call. Nevertheless, the B's need to care a bit more. If they cared about beating the Habs enough they would not let off the gas pedal like that. They should have won by 3 instead they poo the bed. I'm really unsure about this team in terms of the playoffs. We are missing Boychuk and McQuaid but Ference looks like a shell of his former self. We need Ference to be the Ference of old and if he can't be then we need someone else to do the job. Also what a dumb penalty by Chara on that elbow. He needs to keep his composure.

2011 Stanley cup

Jan 9, 2012
Minus Bergy who miss is move they have all shoot the ****ing puck on Minaj, not a single move, like the goal of seguin didn't put a hint.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I must say that this team is playing some of the softest D I have seen from a Bruins team since the early 2000's.
It's actually pretty disgusting to watch the zombies wearing the spoked B in their own end.

Having McQuaid and Johnny out contributes largely to this.

I am no fan of Bartkowski or Johnson but they may need some rearing yet.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Pandolfo is basicaly Caron'd for the 3rd period (riding the bench), but somehow he's out there with under 10 seconds to go with a 1 goal lead on the PK. How does that happen when you have Begeron, Paille, Marchand, Campbell and Peverley at your disposal? How? What did he do in that game/season to deserve that kind of responsibility?

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
Clode has every right to come out and rip the refs to shreds tonight

Of course if he does, there will be another one of those weirdo obsession videos from Makaveli spliced together with Daily Show clips, that all the canuck and habs fans will say it's oscar worthy

Still hope he does it. Bruins deserved SO much better tonight. They and us fans got screwed pretty thoroughly here

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
David Pagnotta‏@TheFourthPeriod46s
No announcement from Bruins tonight, folks... Iginla trade watch will spill into Thursday.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Impressive -3 for Ference tonight.

Lordie he sucks this year.

I might be exaggerating because I'm admittedly pissed until we get Iginla in 10 minutes, but **** if that wasn't the worst individual effort by a Bruin this year. He was DREADFUL

EDIT: And no Iginla tonight. Great.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I guess he should have that one when the puck deflected on Chara :shakehead
Take your strawman arguments elsewhere, how about the first goal by Ryder that got under his glove? I said in the GDT it wasn’t his fault, but lets be real it wasn’t a good night for Rask by any stretch of the imagination.

You've been after the guy for awhile now. Getting stale.

You are completely in err Colt.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Chokers!!!!

-------
Nothing to do with chocking.

Not that long, depth was our main advantage.

Now Ference needs to be 3 rd D and that is to much for him. Hamilton is exposed with big minutes. Chara and Seidengerg in this short and intense minutes don't have the same energy.

Kelly out - we lost a top 10 left faceoff man.

We use to dominate with the third line. Actually the third line is beaten by the opponents third line 11 times out of 10.

That brings down this team to two lines and 2 D.
And one of the top line is inconsistant.

Bruins forecheck and neutral puck chasing is lacking.

We need help. At least a real NHL D and hopefully a winger. I think Halpern as a lefty could have been a good depth pick for Kelly's replacement. Since Bourque departure, we are now with Caron and Pandelfo! Don't see the upgrade.

Hopefully IGinla - bring down Horton.

Still 16 games to prepare.

What sucks is losing to the Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad