Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 6-5 to the Habs in a shootout

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I hate to say it but I knew they were gonna lose that shootout.

No matter. I don't fear the weirdos in playoff play.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Shootout attempts were awful by Boston. They've been a lot better in shootouts this year too.

This game never should have gone to the SO in the first place. Another chocking effort in the 3rd and no timely save by Rask is the what brought us there:shakehead

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
You've been after the guy for awhile now. Getting stale.

Made lots of big saves in this one, B's D let him down pretty good on most of those goals.

You're wrong: Rask should have predict that the puck would deflect on his player face and then on Chara's stick... You know, that's a "normal" save

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
Seeing all of our shooters going for the same move is so frustrating.

MAYBE AFTER THE LAST 4 GUYS WENT FOR A SNAPSHOT FROM 7 FEET OUT, HE WON'T EXPECT ANOTHER ONE!!!

Bergy is excused, since he got unlucky and lost it.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Look at the goals... Oh wait, it's doesn't matter...

Yeah look at them. Ryder's first goes through him. T-H-R-O-U-G-H him.

I'll assumed he was screened on PK's point shot.

Tying goal? Was he having Mite flashbacks?

DOBBY TIME!!! WHEEEW!!! <--- what a lot of people sounded like when we actually had Vezina caliber goalie.

Not asking him to stop everything, but can we have a big save once in a while?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I guess he should have that one when the puck deflected on Chara :shakehead

It is amazing these third periods are never his fault.

He is living under a bad moon man.

Look, I think there are legitimate questions about whether or not he raises his game in big moments. I don't know if we should be worried, but I am not sure we shouldn't be either.

bobbyz04

Nov 21, 2007
What a bunch of bums, how can you let that little weasle team continue to humiliate you. Step up for god sake. your on home ice. They are laughing at you right now.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Rask needed to make a big save and he didn't tonight, Bruins blow another third period, Bruins blow ANOTHER huge effort by Bergeron.

Those are very concerning trends. Right now Rask is not a SC Champion caliber goalie.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Putrid SO everyone seemed to be shooting it right into Budaj IDK why Seguin didn't use his deke move Marchand needs to learn some sort of deke........

Thornton should have been on the SO

:laugh: at Habs saying WE dive

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
I don't know how many times it need to be said on this website, but Tuukka Rask is NOT blowing 3rd period leads, the defense in front of him is. Only the 1st goal he should/could of stopped and it was Ryder with a clear shot in front. The rest we're defensive lapses and bounces. Some posters here could make there complete lack of understanding of the goal tending position anymore obvious.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Adam Kaufman ‏@AdamMKaufman
Here we go... #Bruins RT @EricFrancis Iginla announcement any minute.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
This team isn't nearly good enough to win in the playoffs. The coaching sucks, the philosophy sucks, the talent isn't good enough. Winning teams don't regularly blow third period leads

The team just feels stale. Same core has been together for too long and they dont play with much edge. I wouldn't be opposed to trading 1-2 guys on the roster now just for the sake of change.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
We were a Chara second effort tip from winning in regulation.

Can't fault Rask on any of the goals.

Don't mind the SO as it's a crap shoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad