Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 4-3 in Triple OT

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think if Hory is cleared he plays.

I am not sure what I think of the bottom 6 with no Horton-looks kind of hodge lodge which may or may not be a good thing.

If Segiun is skating on Krejci's wing I hope it will help get the monkey off his back with regards to scoring.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I just saw the highlights of the daugvins miscue on Sportsnet central . Wow. That is a goal. Serious question how does an Nhl player miss an open net like that? On another note soderberg would have buried that puck in the back of the net.

This is one of those cases where I want you to talk to offensive players – not the grinder turned analyst, not the goalie – but offensive actual hockey players about what Daugavins did. It’s a pretty common idea – goalie over-committing, show some patience and poise, slide it in on the other side. One-timing an off-hand forehand shot off that pass would’ve been so, SO hard to place accurately, let alone get mustard on. It goes off your toe into the corner half the time, 95/100 for amateurs. He could’ve taken the pass, swiveled his body and shot, but that takes some time, and hey, why not just take it across the crease and slide it in?

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/...-1-of-the-bruinsblackhawks-stanley-cup-final/

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Sucks that Horty might be out but I'm excited at the possibility of LKS back together.

Probably get piled on for this, but if Horton plays why not play him on the third line? Put Seguin on the first and see if it helps him at all. IT would also give Horty less minutes for his first game back which would hopefully ease some of that stress on the shoulder.

I'm not suggesting this as a permanent thing, but just for Horton's first game back . Then pray he doesn't re-aggravate it. Probably a bad idea, just thinking out loud.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Going triple-OT at United Center is a pretty-near perfect road game.
Aint even scared.
Anyone feels different is a pantywaist lightweight pinkhat tuna.

B's got this.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
Probably get piled on for this, but if Horton plays why not play him on the third line? Put Seguin on the first and see if it helps him at all. IT would also give Horty less minutes for his first game back which would hopefully ease some of that stress on the shoulder.

I'm not suggesting this as a permanent thing, but just for Horton's first game back . Then pray he doesn't re-aggravate it. Probably a bad idea, just thinking out loud.
Horton can't fight and needs someone to stick up and protect him.
Lucic has been doing a good job of this for quite some time, hate to see him left on his own.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Going triple-OT at United Center is a pretty-near perfect road game.
Aint even scared.
Anyone feels different is a pantywaist lightweight pinkhat tuna.

B's got this.

Strawman.jpg

:naughty:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I just saw the highlights of the daugvins miscue on Sportsnet central . Wow. That is a goal. Serious question how does an Nhl player miss an open net like that? On another note soderberg would have buried that puck in the back of the net.

How do people claim to know so much about Soderberg and whether he woudl "bury that" or not haha.

Did you watch a lot of his SEL games? Im willing to bet no. So Im gonna say your viewing of his few games in Boston this year werent enough to really know if he would bury that haha

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
How do people claim to know so much about Soderberg and whether he woudl "bury that" or not haha.

Did you watch a lot of his SEL games? Im willing to bet no. So Im gonna say your viewing of his few games in Boston this year werent enough to really know if he would bury that haha

It's a ******** statement not matter who it's made about, because there are way too many other factors involved. You could say "Stamkos would have buried that" but maybe, 2 seconds earlier he zigs where Daugavins zagged and ends up 15 feet away and the puck doesn't go anywhere near him. It's a cop out.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. At least start the game with Seguin on the first line to see how it goes. Clode could always switch the two back to their previous lines during the game if the need arises.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It's a ******** statement not matter who it's made about, because there are way too many other factors involved. You could say "Stamkos would have buried that" but maybe, 2 seconds earlier he zigs where Daugavins zagged and ends up 15 feet away and the puck doesn't go anywhere near him. It's a cop out.

I can't believe people are placing the loss of game 1 on Dogman.We lose a hockey game that goes into triple overtime and people are isolating the entire game down to ONE play????

Last edited:

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I can't believe people are placing the loss of game 1 on Dogman.We lose a hockey game that goes into triple overtime and people are isolating the entire game to ONE play????

by a 4th liner who played a handful of games with the team and hadn't played at all in weeks. ridiculous. If we're throwing 4th liners under the bus, what about Shawny Dangles? He had an amazing chance and completely blew it.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/...-1-of-the-bruinsblackhawks-stanley-cup-final/

"This is one of those cases where I want you to talk to offensive players – not the grinder turned analyst, not the goalie – but offensive actual hockey players about what Daugavins did. It’s a pretty common idea – goalie over-committing, show some patience and poise, slide it in on the other side. One-timing an off-hand forehand shot off that pass would’ve been so, SO hard to place accurately, let alone get mustard on. It goes off your toe into the corner half the time, 95/100 for amateurs. He could’ve taken the pass, swiveled his body and shot, but that takes some time, and hey, why not just take it across the crease and slide it in?"

That is a good find. There will be folks who automatically dismiss it because of -- I don't know -- a misunderstanding of what actually takes place on the ice and how quickly it all happens...in real time? Because it's Daug? You almost want to outlaw slow-motion replays because of the effect it has on the human senses in situations like this.

I get that Daug isn't a great player, but that's why he's on the third line. How many third and fourth line players hit that shot? I've seen players on our two first lines miss shots similar to that, but because it's Daug it's that much worse, I guess.

And maybe he was tired?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad