Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 4-3 in Triple OT

Bojakees*

IMO..Kelly should have stayed on the third line...And BOURQUE should have been put on the 4th line between PAILLE and THORTY......My reason is BOURQUE can SKATE...SPEED is important in that role. Plus, he would have scored where Daugovans did not.

As for if HORTY does not play....SODERBERG HAS to play. We need Lightening in a bottle and this guy can give it to us...HORTY has NOT BEEN Physical. He has scored but he has not been crashing people. SODER is the closest thing we have to Horty's talent level and that's a shot we need to take.

LOOCH-KRECI-SEGS
MARCHY-BERGIE-JAGS
PEVS-KELLY-SODER
PAILLE-BOURQUE-THORTY.............

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yeah, not sure I buy this. Two of their goals were nothing more than lucky bounces, not a product of coaching. Without the puck glancing off of Ference's skate this game doesn't even go into OT.

They were dead until Saad moved up....then, when behind, he really opened it up with the D and had 4 guys in consistently...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
the tribune ad really didn't bother me. this shirt thing really pisses me off though. I just don't get it. **** the people who made the shirts and whoever buys them

Probably not a good idea for anyone who cheers for the Hawks to wear that shirt in Boston.

Last edited:

Spoon fed

Nov 28, 2005
Over confident

WOW. I was just reading the Hawks message board for this series and those fans are so unbelievably overconfident it's laughable. Do the Hawks have an edge after winning game 1? Sure, they do. However, I'm fairly sure it's 3 more wins to go for the trophy... but, I digress.

I have to say, after watching game 1, I don't know how those fans could come away with "domination", etc... Conversely, what I witnessed is a VERY winnable series for the B's. If that's the Hawks best (or near it), I'd be worried.

Anyway, game 2 should be good. Bring on the Hawks.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
would love a nice 5-2 win Saturday. Start to get the panic going over there.

Read an article about how this sort of loss won't sting the B's as much as it would another team. I agree. If nothing else I bet it motivates the **** out of them.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
didn't see a problem with the chicago stronger shirt, nor with the written statement that they made which the poster took probably the most inflammatory paragraph of.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/chicago-tribune-boston-front-pgae/

it's just a bunch of people trying to make the series more than it is.

"it's an original six final!!!!!!" so?

it's a seven game series between probably the two best teams in the league. why do politics have to get involved in every ****ing thing anymore.

have they done the mayor's bet yet? is menino going to bet a case of boston lager and emanuel a deep dish pizza? or maybe if the bruins lose, menino has to go to a speech class and emanuel has to cook and eat a whole pig?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
If Horton is out, that's one less player that actually scores goals out there.

Puts more pressure on Krejci, Marchand, Bergeron, Lucic and the surprising high scoring D.

Jagr, Seguin, Peverley and Kelly have made us wait long enough. 2 goals out of them in 17 games. Time to stop this bad joke and contribute...

Turk 16

May 3, 2011
South Shore, MA
Might be a bit of an odd question, but when is the last time anyone saw Bergeron one-time snipe a shot like that?

His first 2 years in the league, his one-timer was lethal. Would be incredible if he could ever regain that.

I was thinking the same thing. Here's his 31 goals in 2005-2006, amazing number of them are highlight-quality.

Of course, the Bs were DNQ that season and even worse the next when Bergy was -28. :amazed: So I'll take the perennial Selke candidate over the young sniper. :)

But there's no question his shot is underrated.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
WOW. I was just reading the Hawks message board for this series and those fans are so unbelievably overconfident it's laughable. Do the Hawks have an edge after winning game 1? Sure, they do. However, I'm fairly sure it's 3 more wins to go for the trophy... but, I digress.

I have to say, after watching game 1, I don't know how those fans could come away with "domination", etc... Conversely, what I witnessed is a VERY winnable series for the B's. If that's the Hawks best (or near it), I'd be worried.

And don't forget that Vancouver won game 1 and game 2 in the finals. I must have slept through their Stanley Cup parade. But I didn't miss them burning their own city down. :laugh:

Afam*

Any updates on the lines for tomorrow's game ,or do we have to wait for the morning skates tomorrow to figure that out?

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianBruinsFan

Mar 18, 2012
Halifax, NS
Any updates on the lines for tomorrow's game ,or do we have to wait for the morning skates tomorrow to figure that out?

Lines are never released the day before, especially in the finals. Would give the other coach more time to prepare, especially since the first line right winger is out right now. We won't know lines until puck drop I imagine because of the uncertainty of Horton.

In my semi-professional opinion if he dislocated his shoulder he'll be in the game. Obviously depends on how hard it was to put back in but it's the Finals and shoulder surgery isn't rocket science. He'd be fine next season. If he separated his shoulder on the other hand, it's a different story. Different injury altogether and much harder to stabilize.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Might be a bit of an odd question, but when is the last time anyone saw Bergeron one-time snipe a shot like that?

His first 2 years in the league, his one-timer was lethal. Would be incredible if he could ever regain that.

I said the same thing as soon as he potted that goal. Haven't seen him do it since pre-Randy Jones. Seems like forever ago.

Afam*

Lines are never released the day before, especially in the finals. Would give the other coach more time to prepare, especially since the first line right winger is out right now. We won't know lines until puck drop I imagine because of the uncertainty of Horton.

In my semi-professional opinion if he dislocated his shoulder he'll be in the game. Obviously depends on how hard it was to put back in but it's the Finals and shoulder surgery isn't rocket science. He'd be fine next season. If he separated his shoulder on the other hand, it's a different story. Different injury altogether and much harder to stabilize.

Well said. I kinda figured that was the case. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto 31s
If Horton out, looks like: Lucic-Krejci-Seguin, Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr, Paille-Soderberg-Peverley, Daugavins-Kelly-Thornton.

Afam*

Now we have a reason to hate the hawks and their fans.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
If you follow Fluto on Twitter, you'll read that Julien is rolling multiple lines mixed with all kinds of players in various alternate roles. My guess is he's (Julien's) keeping people guessing and not tipping his hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad