Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 3-2 in the shootout

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Not that I take a possible series vs. Washington lightly, but I do think the Oates' caps are a much better matchup for us than Hunter's caps were 2 seasons ago.

Nonetheless, I agree with your basic point. It's not wise to take any playoff series lightly these days; the NHL has far too much character and parity.

Yes but for whatever reason Holtby will let other teams score 5/6 goals on him but we can barely muster any. Holtby is a Bruin killer.

But honestly I think it is stupid to hope for or hope to avoid certain teams in the play offs-just collect points and try to clinch a spot early so you can rest players if needed.

I think the Bruins can beat any team in the East in 7 games if they play a full 60 and play a structured game. I do think other teams have started to figure out how to break down Julien's system though and the Bruins haven't quite figured out the adjustments (that or they aren't executing them).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You know what I'm sick of. We are going on year 3 of seeing the exact same quotes after every game "our compete level isn't there" "we need to focus on our game" "we need to battle more"

Such a lack of identity, thank god we pulled off the most in probable win of all time against Toronto last spring, after floating through that series too.

Compete. Effort. Identity.

Simple concepts we are on our 3rd year of lacking during regular season play. Bruins are built to be a mediocre team if these 3 aren't in place. They don't have the overall skill to just skate through.

And?...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's embarrassing & reminds of Z getting booed every time he touches the puck in 29 other arena's.

Maybe these types will think twice the next time they taunt someone who can come back to haunt the B's. I'm sure the players were embarrassed by this childish behavior as well.

From the looks on some of their faces I am sure they were . The fans who do this won't get it though .

Oh Well...

Kaoz*

Scared? Not scared of any of those teams. Could they beat them? Yes, but it isnt a case of looking at steam and being scared that the a ruins can't handle them. I would be worried that the Bruins couldn't handle Detroit in a best of seven so I would be scared to face them. The rest, no they aren't scary to think of a best of seven.

Fair enough coach. I just disagree.

Like QC mentioned there is so much parity in the league now that any team in the playoffs has the potential to be scary. Teams in the East seem to be a lot bigger, faster, and deeper this year and that can give the Bruins fits. There are also a lot of young teams in the East that seem to be coming into their prime all at the same. Toronto, and Tampa primary among them.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Most of the true B's fans can't afford a ticket to the game. I'm willing to bet 80% of the crowd last night were typical yuppies and fairweathers mixed in with season ticket holders. When you get them all together, its a mess. The crowd booing doesn't bother me, nor does it bother me when the nosebleeds chant USA etc.

Should Seggy been booed? Nope. Our team should of been booed instead. We look out of sorts, again.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The "true Bruins fans" phrase is being tossed out like Halloween candy so far this season. It really needs to stop.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Most of the true B's fans can't afford a ticket to the game. I'm willing to bet 80% of the crowd last night were typical yuppies and fairweathers mixed in with season ticket holders. When you get them all together, its a mess. The crowd booing doesn't bother me, nor does it bother me when the nosebleeds chant USA etc.

Should Seggy been booed? Nope. Our team should of been booed instead. We look out of sorts, again.

As noted, I didn't like the boos, but I doubt a pinkhat would follow developments closely enough boo Seguin (if they even know who he is). Those were B's fans, however misguided.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
just a random thought concerning the second and fourth lines ...
both Bergy and Soup were injured during last years playoff both having pretty serious injuries
and although they have been cleared to play ...
i'm guessing it will take two - three months of games to get back to where they were both physically and mentally.
bodies just need time to heal and rebuild strength and endurance even though they appear fine - key word is time
that said, it also may be time to start working Thornton in and out of the line up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad