Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 3-2 in the shootout

Kaoz*

Yeah, some did. Along the vein of "Tyler will hear the boos and be motivated."

He was largely quiet last night with the puck on his stick. 2 shots on goal, +1. That's it. Yep, beaut of a s/o goal, but it's no surprise that in an uncontested 1-1 situation where he doesn't have to fight off a check that he'd be able to get a nice shot off.

But for all the discussion in the GDT last night, you'd think he massively dominated and the boos propelled him to an epic performance.

Perception is a crazy thing.

The handwringing over the crowd is hilarious.

The Boo's didn't propel anything last night other then the Bruin fan bases public perception downwards.

Even Edwards called it out at one point. A bit of humility might not be such a bad thing.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

He was largely quiet last night with the puck on his stick. 2 shots on goal, +1. That's it. Yep, beaut of a s/o goal, but it's no surprise that in an uncontested 1-1 situation where he doesn't have to fight off a check that he'd be able to get a nice shot off.

But for all the discussion in the GDT last night, you'd think he massively dominated and the boos propelled him to an epic performance.

Somebody has bingo...

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
The Boo's didn't propel anything last night other then the Bruin fan bases public perception downwards.

Even Edwards called it out at one point. A bit of humility might not be such a bad thing.

I don't give a **** about the perception of the Bruin fan base. If I cared what people around the world thought of the Bruin fan base, I'd off leapt off the Tobin by now. Would I have booed? No. Do I care if others do? Not one bit. I don't classify myself by the actions of a group at large.

It's amazing that many people do care as like I said, the hand-wringing about it is amusing.

Credit to those talking about the product on the ice, not the atmosphere around it.

Kaoz*

That's the tricky part, lol.

Who could have predicted that a guy like Savard who was not physical, had moved around a bit and with rumors about not being a great teammate, blah, blah, blah, would turn out to fit in so well? What makes a guy like Savard, or Krejci potentially different than a Kessel or Seguin?

Chemistry is a funny thing.

Krejci is a different beast, I get on him quite a bit but he gets dirty and has a physical edge players like Seguin and the like don't. He may not have the same natural level of talent (*awaits flogging*) but he (like Spooner) didn't come with the same high expectations either and was able to mature in junior and the AHL before jumping into the NHL protected from the Bruin fanbase so to speak. He's a feel good story of a guy reaching above his station and centering the Bruins number 1 line... 60 points a season and inconsistent play is fine because he doesn't have the same pedigree and expectations. People more readily accept any faults he may have.

Savard fit in my opinion because he was able to mature elsewhere. Had he come into the Bruins system as an 18 year old top 5 draft pick, he never would have made it to year 4 either. Instead, Boston got him at 29 years old... hockey players games are about as mature as they're going to get at that point.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Krejci is a different beast, I get on him quite a bit but he gets dirty and has a physical edge players like Seguin and the like don't. He may not have the same natural level of talent (*awaits flogging*) but he (like Spooner) didn't come with the same high expectations either and was able to mature in junior and the AHL before jumping into the NHL protected from the Bruin fanbase so to speak. He's a feel good story of a guy reaching above his station and centering the Bruins number 1 line... 60 points a season and inconsistent play is fine because he doesn't have the same pedigree and expectations. People more readily accept any faults he may have.

Savard fit in my opinion because he was able to mature elsewhere. Had he come into the Bruins system as an 18 year old top 5 draft pick, he never would have made it to year 4 either. Instead, Boston got him at 29 years old... hockey players games are about as mature as they're going to get at that point.

Angry-mob-simps.jpeg

And clarifying my opinion on the crowd, fwiw: Doesn't affect the on-ice product. I just have noticed a more lethargic than usual interest level. I don't think many folks on here were really suggesting anything more or anything less, at least I wasn't.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If you think last night's booing was bad then just wait until tomorrow night. If people are really bothered by the booing go invest in some earplugs. No amount of crying on an internet message board is going to change anything.

I'm sorry, is this real?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Angry-mob-simps.jpeg

And clarifying my opinion on the crowd, fwiw: Doesn't affect the on-ice product. I just have noticed a more lethargic than usual interest level. I don't think many folks on here were really suggesting anything more or anything less, at least I wasn't.

Well, and to be fair, it's not exactly an awe-inspiring brand of hockey they're seeing on the ice so far.

If it makes people feel any better, blame me. I haven't been to any games yet this season while laid up after a knee procedure, so I had to sell my season tixs to the Oct games.

I'll get back and they'll win. Until then, people can come over to my house and boo at me from the street. My kids might or might not throw things at you.

.....or take pictures of you with their smartphones. :sarcasm:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
If you think last night's booing was bad then just wait until tomorrow night. If people are really bothered by the booing go invest in some earplugs. No amount of crying on an internet message board is going to change anything.

Agreed, Bruins fans could commit a lot worse sins than booing Tyler Seguin despite how awful of a thing it's being made out to be.

Nailed it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Looking at the home and away records for the Bruins, give me 8th place in the east any day. Only team that scares me in a best of seven is Detroit.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This is bad excuse for team that has been sleepwalking through half of schedule for last several years. They are veteran team, and they turn the effort switch on/off depending on their level of involvement at any particular point of schedule. This is not good news for the paying customers.

Yes that's what they do, and by the way they don't care as much as you think about the paying customer.

Kaoz*

Looking at the home and away records for the Bruins, give me 8th place in the east any day. Only team that scares me in a best of seven is Detroit.

Toronto doesn't? It took a miracle to beat them last year.

Washington doesn't? They've already shown they can handle Boston in a best of 7 and seem to have the Bruins number in the regular season. AO seems to have his groove back as well.

Montreal doesn't? That team has ever proven a thorn in Boston's side.

Tampa is scary as well, with many of the holes that have plagued them getting filled over time. They have a goalie, secondary scoring, and their defense is maturing into a solid group.

Ottawa, the Isles, the East looks to be getting stronger. Not so many pushovers this year I don't think.

The Bruins have proven they can go beat anyone in a best of 7, but they've also shown they can lose to anyone as well. The only absolute seems to be that win or lose, many of them will got to OT in game 7.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Washington doesn't? They've already shown they can handle Boston in a best of 7 and seem to have the Bruins number in the regular season.

Not that I take a possible series vs. Washington lightly, but I do think the Oates' caps are a much better matchup for us than Hunter's caps were 2 seasons ago.

Nonetheless, I agree with your basic point. It's not wise to take any playoff series lightly these days; the NHL has far too much character and parity.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

I have very little doubt that over 82 games the Bruins will win the division. Red Wings, Lightning and Leafs are all good teams, the Bruins get it rolling at all and they're a lot better. They've kept pace playing like **** the last few weeks.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Toronto doesn't? It took a miracle to beat them last year.

Washington doesn't? They've already shown they can handle Boston in a best of 7 and seem to have the Bruins number in the regular season. AO seems to have his groove back as well.

Montreal doesn't? That team has ever proven a thorn in Boston's side.

Tampa is scary as well, with many of the holes that have plagued them getting filled over time. They have a goalie, secondary scoring, and their defense is maturing into a solid group.

Ottawa, the Isles, the East looks to be getting stronger. Not so many pushovers this year I don't think.

The Bruins have proven they can go beat anyone in a best of 7, but they've also shown they can lose to anyone as well. The only absolute seems to be that win or lose, many of them will got to OT in game 7.

Scared? Not scared of any of those teams. Could they beat them? Yes, but it isnt a case of looking at steam and being scared that the a ruins can't handle them. I would be worried that the Bruins couldn't handle Detroit in a best of seven so I would be scared to face them. The rest, no they aren't scary to think of a best of seven.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Just to get back to this game vs Dallas. If this team would finish it's chances we would even be whining here. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This team reminds me of the 09-10 Bruins who couldn't score if their life depended on it. I watch every game and I'm almost surprised when we score. Not because we don't have the skill to do it, but because we make it look so gosh darn hard. I watch highlights of other teams ripping slappers and wristers from the high slot and I ask myself, "where the heck is that from the Bruins?" .

All in all, I think we have a great team, a contender. I believe we will be fine. Let's just beat Florida tomorrow night. Convicingly please. Thanks.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
tyler seguin left involuntarily and got booed.

tim thomas needed time off and chose not to retire so the bruins wouldn't get screwed and people will probably boo him

makes sense I guess.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Torey Krug tip in goal 1-1

Johnny Boychuk beheads Erik Cole in 3rd

Dennis Seidenberg head shot to Vernon Fiddler in 3rd

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I like Dafoomie's channel too.

I was teasing too btw. Your videos are always timely, high def, and easy to find :handclap:. You both are probably the most cited on HF, other than that propagandist makaveli :laugh:

member 96824

tyler seguin left involuntarily and got booed.

Tim thomas needed time off and chose not to retire so the bruins wouldn't get screwed and people will probably boo him

makes sense i guess.

u s a! U s a!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Very good point, and to be honest with you, I wouldn't put it past that crowd. Its rediculous that we just boo every athlete that leaves this city, even if he doesn't want out. Kessel situation is different, since he wanted out.

It was quite rediculous to boo Seguin, guy didn't really leave on the best of notes, but c'mon.

Honestly, most of those fans probably didnt become fans until 2010 (pink hats).

It's embarrassing & reminds of Z getting booed every time he touches the puck in 29 other arena's.

Maybe these types will think twice the next time they taunt someone who can come back to haunt the B's. I'm sure the players were embarrassed by this childish behavior as well.

member 96824

You know what I'm sick of. We are going on year 3 of seeing the exact same quotes after every game "our compete level isn't there" "we need to focus on our game" "we need to battle more"

Such a lack of identity, thank god we pulled off the most in probable win of all time against Toronto last spring, after floating through that series too.

Compete. Effort. Identity.

Simple concepts we are on our 3rd year of lacking during regular season play. Bruins are built to be a mediocre team if these 3 aren't in place. They don't have the overall skill to just skate through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad