Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 2-0 - and Ottawa won't go away

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
But he did not "stick up for his teammates" Wilson was still running around all game.
Marchand sent 0 message other then yes if you hit our players we will take a stupid penalty and the other teams feel this.

By your theory, teammates should not stick up for each other unless the other guy isn't "running around all game" after.

So, Chara needs to break someone's legs in order for a proper "message" is sent?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Habs have three more fights than the Bruins this year. Softest team since 06-07.

And yet some are questioning one of the only players who has stuck up for a teammate this year. Makes no sense.

I have no problem with Marchands penalty. You can tell Wilson was feeling it a bit when he was getting up, should teach him to run Spooner again.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
And yet some are questioning one of the only players who has stuck up for a teammate this year. Makes no sense.

I have no problem with Marchands penalty. You can tell Wilson was feeling it a bit when he was getting up, should teach him to run Spooner again.

Indeed. And the rest of the night he embarassed himself with about 3-4 flops, and chickened away when McQuaid was in his face. Wouldn't so much as shove McQuaid.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Habs have three more fights than the Bruins this year. Softest team since 06-07.

Indeed. And the rest of the night he embarassed himself with about 3-4 flops, and chickened away when McQuaid was in his face. Wouldn't so much as shove McQuaid.

Amen to all three of these posts. :nod:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Bergeron was on the radio today - they just replayed some of what he said on NESN. He said it's about standing up for each other, and that Marchand did the right thing. I will defer to Bergy.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I'm all for teammates sticking up for eachother, and I agree with what Marchand did, but Wilson got what he wanted by drawing a PP and having us pay for it.

That's effectiveness on Wilson's part.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bergeron was on the radio today - they just replayed some of what he said on NESN. He said it's about standing up for each other, and that Marchand did the right thing. I will defer to Bergy.

Great to hear Bergy speak up like that. When he says it, you know it's true.

I suppose there is no word on a fine/suspension on the cross check to Bergy's head?

Lucic or Marchand get a game misconduct and 2-4 game suspension for the exact same play.

OutspokenMinority*

I have to disagree. I for one hate this trend of when a clean hit is thrown there is an obligation to fight.

As for the Wilson hit..... Let
Me first state I am a die hard Bruin fan and a huge Marchand fan. However...

It's a clean hit first and foremost.
Secondly what Marchand did was not stand up for his teammate. He jumped Wilson from behind and took a stupid penalty which was the game winning goal in a massive game with big implications

It's not like Marchand had any intention of fighting Wilson.

Would have preferred Quaider or Looch to stand up as a fight may have actually occurred. Jumping a player from behind like that does not show toughness of a team it a cowardly move period.

Secondly Spooner is a young kid who now knows keep your head up. Playoffs are around the corner and if he is playing it ain't getting any easier for him. He is just
Going to have to adjust.

The hit on Pasternak Saturday from Morrow was a dirty one and Quaider handled it
Perfectly. He asked to fight and let
morrow know that if it happens again he won't be asking.

Also secondly it let's the refs know hey a didn't like that hit so watch for the next one.

love this, although i'll say that they've been erring to the other direction (not fighting) so the Marchand incident was probably worthwhile just to get them fired up.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Great to hear Bergy speak up like that. When he says it, you know it's true.

I suppose there is no word on a fine/suspension on the cross check to Bergy's head?

Lucic or Marchand get a game misconduct and 2-4 game suspension for the exact same play.

You think Bergeron is gonna call out Marchand and say what he did was dumb? Fat chance of that.Marchand went after a guy for a clean hit.Penalty and pucks in net.If hit was dirty I be all for him goin after Wilson.But it was clean and Wilson got what he wanted.Caps powerplay.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The firepower could be significantly increased if Julien leaves the kid line alone and fits Krejci in somewhere else. Despite Krejci's so so play this year ,adding him is a significant boost.

I'm not sure I've seen enough of Krejci and Pastrnak together to think that line should not be tried again, despite the fact that Spooner and Pasta have looked together.

This is where "experience" is actually a factor to me. Krejci has had a couple of superb playoff runs as the number one center for this team and Spooner is a new face (albeit, a very talented, capable playmaker). In my opinion, you really got to look at getting Spooner down on the third line with Soda and Eriksson (or hopefully, Smith...if Julien ever makes that move), and Kelly down onto the fourth line permanently. Make the obvious move...and scratch Campbell (that's the part I am severely concerned about with Julien...his favorite binky club member).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad