Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 2-0 - and Ottawa won't go away

Bruins40

Jan 3, 2013
Boston
It's crazy how 1 regulation can put Bruins playoff hopes at risk. I'm not worried though Bruins always seem to win against Ottawa. But if they lose, it can make it very risky for them, Bruins have way more playoff contention teams to play.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's crazy how 1 regulation can put Bruins playoff hopes at risk. I'm not worried though Bruins always seem to win against Ottawa. But if they lose, it can make it very risky for them, Bruins have way more playoff contention teams to play. ��

I just want to avoid the Bruins needing the help of the Maple Leafs. :shakehead

Let's start with a nice easy win against Buffalo.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
On offense, I fear that he'll only make our offense more problematic, potentially.
Smith really shouldn't be in the top 9 at this point. If we can somehow insert DK and Connolly into our top nine and remove Smith and Kelly, then that's about the best we could do, I would say.

On D, Chara looked really bad yesterday; really bad. They say "Once a man, twice a child" When I watch Chara at this point in his career, he's an old man playing like he did when he first broke in: kinda gangly and goofy, not a great skater, weak on the puck and the shot. Chara and Dougie together makes me nervous most nights. Krug is basically our best Dman out there many nights. Scary.

Chara had a few miscues last night but I wouldn't say he was really bad. Maybe I have blinders on but I think Chara's demise is greatly exaggerated. He is still the best defenceman we have. The entire D has impressed me lately. Seidenberg,McQuaid,Bart and Krug have all played reasonably well lately.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Chara had a few miscues last night but I wouldn't say he was really bad. Maybe I have blinders on but I think Chara's demise is greatly exaggerated. He is still the best defenceman we have. The entire D has impressed me lately. Seidenberg,McQuaid,Bart and Krug have all played reasonably well lately.

With the state of our defensive squad, we can't afford a "few miscues" from Chara. We need the "almost flawless" version of him. I wish someone can tell me what's happening with him because he look slow and bubble the puck way too much. Injury? Fatigue? Aging? I wish I knew....

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
So what exactly happened with Marchand and his penalty? I read he wasn't upset that he got the penalty for defending Spooner?

I missed the 1st period

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
So what exactly happened with Marchand and his penalty? I read he wasn't upset that he got the penalty for defending Spooner?

I missed the 1st period

Big hit on Spoonah. Marshmont all over Wilson to make him pay. Marchy got 2 min for roughing. Goal on the ensuing Wash PP.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
CAPTdISWcAE0npu.jpg

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany

I missed the 1st period

Jumped him from behind, tossed him into the net and wiped Tuukka's crease with his face :laugh:
tbh with his rep he's lucky he only got 2 mins.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I was a bit conflicted after it happened. I have been a bit dismayed at the lack of response to hits on the Bruins. And no, I'm not one that thinks even clean hits call for retaliation; and Wilson's hit on Spooner was clean.

So it was refreshing to see Marchand (of all people) standing up for a teammate. Immediately I thought 'Just kill this penalty off' and perhaps the vibe of the game would change.

But of course they gave up a goal (that proved to be the game-winner).

Jeremy Roenick was a bit critical during intermission saying Marchand needs to 'pick his spots' better.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

hamilton makes chara look bad most of the time.
some of the decisions dougie has made this season time and time again is odd.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
watch hamilton for a full game.
the guy is on pluto most of the time when he's not on the offense

Bruinfan5470

Feb 3, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I was a bit conflicted after it happened. I have been a bit dismayed at the lack of response to hits on the Bruins. And no, I'm not one that thinks even clean hits call for retaliation; and Wilson's hit on Spooner was clean.

So it was refreshing to see Marchand (of all people) standing up for a teammate. Immediately I thought 'Just kill this penalty off' and perhaps the vibe of the game would change.

Jeremy Roenick was a bit critical during intermission saying Marchand needs to 'pick his spots' better.

I tend to agree with JR on this one, about picking your spots especially against a team the lives and dies by getting PP chances.
They spend the entire game trying to draw a penalty, whether is by embellishing or by dishing out big hits in hopes that the opposing team will retaliate at that moment, like Marchand did.
In those instances the refs normally call a penalty on the one who retaliates, I know it sounds a bit crazy but if a team is very good at something like Washington is then you try to take full advantage of it.
When Mike Green got called for interference, he flopped like a rag doll trying to draw an equal penalty, or better yet, get Marchand ( I believe it was him) for a penalty.

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
Serious question from a Caps fan here - how many games does Holtby have to put up strong numbers against the Bruins before the fans stop calling him a "garbage goalie"?

We know he's not the best. He's not Vezina. But he's had a hell of a season and his careers stats are pretty good. Amazing? No. Garbage? Even bigger no, IMO.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Serious question from a Caps fan here - how many games does Holtby have to put up strong numbers against the Bruins before the fans stop calling him a "garbage goalie"?

We know he's not the best. He's not Vezina. But he's had a hell of a season and his careers stats are pretty good. Amazing? No. Garbage? Even bigger no, IMO.

I happen to think that he is a really good goalie. You put him on a defensive team like the Habs and he might be giving Vezina candidates a run for their money.

I watch a good amount of caps games as I am a huge Ovi fan, and Holtby very frequently looks quite solid.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can't believe he tricked Z into passing it right to Stamkos the other night :sarcasm:

almost exact same play in another Bolts game this time the Bolts Hedman tried almost the exact same play with Wheeler burying the biscuit on Saturday I believe, when I watched the highlight I had a good chuckle

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Can't believe he tricked Z into passing it right to Stamkos the other night :sarcasm:

hey now...you can't blame Z for doing his part in getting a Stamkos goal out of the way. The guy seemingly is a goal-per-game against us....it's inevitable...like death. Why not just get it out of the way so we can just get on with winning the game.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH

See the thing about Wilson's hit was that it was clean but unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I love hits like those but I think the option to retaliate should be there.

It wasn't Marchands penalty that cost them the game. The bruins failed to convert on several PP attempts and only really tested Holtby with anything challenging about 3-4 times.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I wasn't happy with Dougie's decision making last night. There were about 2-3 times where CLEARLY the play wasn't there, but he decides to do it anyway. I'm talking about guys blocking shooting or passing lanes. The defender is in great position about 2 feet away from Dougie and he just fires it off the defender's shin pads anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad