Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Kemp-Ferlin
Rinaldo

Chara-C Miller
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-Mcquaid
Miller/ Trotman

I think this is our best combo of size, speed and skill. Give the kids a shot on D. I think this team will have a lot more energy then years past.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I hope so, but fear that the Bruins will ice Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot as a god-awful fourth line.

I disagree. When Kelly was placed on the fourth line, it actually made it watchable. His contract is garbage, but he's a more than capable bottom line player. That line is above average, IMO.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Kemp-Ferlin
Rinaldo

Chara-C Miller
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-Mcquaid
Miller/ Trotman

I think this is our best combo of size, speed and skill. Give the kids a shot on D. I think this team will have a lot more energy then years past.

You're missing Irwin from your pro roster, who's almost a sure bet to be on it. The way I see it...

Chara -- XXXX

Seids -- XXXX

Krug -- McQuaid

extra

Having depth on our blueline will be huge, seeing as we have some vets who are coming off of injury plagued seasons ( Chara, Seids, McQuaid, K-Miller ) and some of our depth is now gone. Last season we iced 10 dmen over the course of the year so to be at least 8 guys deep on the blueline before we dip into the farm system would be ideal IMO.

The X's will be settled in camp. Trotman, Irwin, and K-Miller are the favorites to win those three spots while C-Miller, Morrow and the other Providence kids needing excellent camps to make it. However, even if they don't, C-Miller and Morrow will most likely be the first two to be called up.

Remember guys: Since 2007, the Bruins have iced 10 or more dmen over the course of the season every year. The guys who don't make the pro roster right away will get their chance via injury, players being benched because of poor play, or just plain forcing their way into the lineup. This is also why getting Franson and not trading away any of our current dmen makes sense if we're using the past 8 years as a measuring stick.

1. Chara
2. Franson
3. Seids
4. Krug
5. McQuaid
6. K-Miller
7. Trotman
8. Irwin
9. C-Miller
10. Morrow

That's our 10

Last edited:

7bostonhockey*

Beleskey Krejci Hayes
Marchand Bergeron Connolly
Eriksson Spooner Pastrnak
Rinaldo Kelly Talbot

- Chara - Krug - Irwin
Seidenberg McQuaid K. Miller
Trotman

Rask
?

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Beleskey Krejci Hayes
Marchand Bergeron Connolly
Eriksson Spooner Pastrnak
Rinaldo Kelly Talbot

- Chara - Krug - Irwin
Seidenberg McQuaid K. Miller
Trotman

Rask
?

If Pasta turns out to have chemistry with Spoons which I believe is your line of thinking and I agree with, then if he becomes our best RW which I believe he may as earliy as this year then do you break the chemistry with Spoons and play him with Krejci our top paid and arguably #1 center?

I really think Claude has his work cut out for him this year finding the right chemistry with these players.
I hope Connolly turns into that stud sniper that can play with Krejci because I think I rather see Hayes with Marshy and Bergy he just seems like a likable guy and this home coming could be a strong jolt for his career especially playing alongside Patrice. I'm really rooting for Jimmy Hayes just not on the top line.

7bostonhockey*

Hayes 168 games played, 36 goals , age 25
Connolly 139 games played , 18 goals , age 23
Pastrnak 46 game ex played, 10 goals, age 19

Hayes has the experience and has earned the first shot at the top line if only by seniority.
And why not try to recreate the size and aggressiveness of the Lucic Krejci Horton line. That worked well in the past.

We basically know what Hayes is and what he will be. Of course there is still room for improvement.

I figure Connolly could use the mentoring on Bergerons line. He still has the most room to improve and Bergeron and Marchand are the ones to get it out of him.

Spooner and Pastrnak worked out last year and Eriksson can be the defensive conscious of that line.

No matter how the forward lines shake out, its the defense that will worry me more and we should get a legit back up goalie that can start more games to rest Tuukka.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
My lines:

Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

I have no idea what the defense is going to look like yet. I'll wait until we get closer to the season.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
If I were Sweeney I'd take on Bickell from Chicago and see what else can be worked out there for accepting the salary cap dump. I think this team badly needs another big body in the group of forwards. I also want Eriksson (if he is still on the roster) as the Top line RW but there would be a hole in the lineup without bringing in another LW.

Plus, I don't think entrusting the 4 RW spots to Connolly, Pastrnak, Hayes, and Talbot is a recipe for success. Connolly has to show he is a Top 6 forward and earn those minutes. Pastrnak if he plays too many minutes will probably be worn out by Christmas. Hayes is a 3rd liner and I think expecting more is unreasonable.

So I would line up the proposed team like this.

Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson

Beleskey - Krejci - Connolly/Hayes

Bickell - Spooner - Pastrnak

assortment of Kelly, Rinaldo, Talbot, Kemppainen

I would feed Marchand lots of minutes alongside Bergeron. Beleskey would have to be complementary 2nd liner. Is Bickell too slow to keep up with Spooner and Pastrnak? Probably. But Claude would have more options to rotate around. He could put Kelly on 3rd line LW....he can keep up with the kids and add defensive responsibility. The options aren't exactly appealing for the coach this year.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
There are many combos I think could work for the forwards. I don't like the idea of both Beleskey and Hayes with Krejci though. Feel like we need someone with a bit more offensive/shooting ability like Erickson for one of his wings. I like the idea of keeping Pasta and Spooner together as well to start the year. Connolly and Hayes could be flipped, maybe depending on chemistry in camp/preseason. Can either Connolly or Hayes play LW? I have a bad feeling we are going to see Kelly starting on the 3rd line though and Connolly or Hayes buried on the 4th line.

Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Erickson - Krejci - Connolly
Beleskey - Spooner - Pasta
Kelly - Tablot/Kemp. - Rinaldo/Ferlin

or

Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes/Connolly
Belesky - Krejci - Erickson
Hayes/Connolly - Spooner - Pasta

Chara - Trotman
Seidberg - Irwin
McQuaid - Krug

K. Miller

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Belesky wasn't brought in to be a 3rd liner and neither was hayes.... they could end up there based on [erformance but they'll get all the chance to play top 6.
here's my thoughts as of today w/out any trades or signings. althought alot of reports I've read from bloggers and such speculate that CJ may try and recreate the horton-krecji-lucic with Belesky-krecji-hayes trio who knows....

Belesky -krecji- ericsson
Marchand - bergeron- Hayes
Conolly- Spooner- Pasta
Rinaldo/ferlin -Kelly-Kemp - Talbot
(you may see griffith and koko based on perfomance and injuries)

D:
chara- trotman
Seids- K miller
Krug- Mqcuaid
Irwin

Rask
Smith

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
Belesky wasn't brought in to be a 3rd liner and neither was hayes.... they could end up there based on [erformance but they'll get all the chance to play top 6.
here's my thoughts as of today w/out any trades or signings. althought alot of reports I've read from bloggers and such speculate that CJ may try and recreate the horton-krecji-lucic with Belesky-krecji-hayes trio who knows....

Belesky -krecji- ericsson
Marchand - bergeron- Hayes
Conolly- Spooner- Pasta
Rinaldo/ferlin -Kelly-Kemp - Talbot
(you may see griffith and koko based on perfomance and injuries)

D:
chara- trotman
Seids- K miller
Krug- Mqcuaid
Irwin

Rask
Smith

We tend to roll 3 scoring lines so I don't think there is a drastic difference in which line he is on (although if he is playing with youngsters, claude might bench them in a tight game in the 3rd). Loui was one of our top scorers last year playing the majority of the year on the 3rd line.

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I disagree. When Kelly was placed on the fourth line, it actually made it watchable. His contract is garbage, but he's a more than capable bottom line player. That line is above average, IMO.

Most of the Kelly concern comes from the contract. Put him under 2 million, and I don't think anyone complains at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad