Proposal: bruins line up for 2015 2016

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Eriksson-Krejci-Hayes (Slow it down)
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak (Speed it up)
Beleskey-Spooner-Connolly (God knows what)
Talbot-Kelly-Rinaldo (Vomit)

Chara-Franson
Seidenberg-Krug
Trotman-McQuaid

Is C Miller ready for a shot or is he still developing?

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I'd say we are probably going to see
Kelly-Kemppainen-Rinaldo/Talbot
4th line, which like that would be a much better 4th line that we had last year.

Kelly-Talbot both on the 4th line screams Merlot 3.0 to me. I don't like it. We all know how horrendous the 2.0 version was.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kelly-Talbot both on the 4th line screams Merlot 3.0 to me. I don't like it. We all know how horrendous the 2.0 version was.

Yes but Kelly will be on the lineup and he should be a great 4th line player, then add Kemppainen who is in his prime and has strong D-game/pk skill+ can skate, those 2 should create a strong shutdown line, then just add whoever you want for that last spot, right now looking like Rinaldo and Talbot being the extra.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Yes but Kelly will be on the lineup and he should be a great 4th line player, then add Kemppainen who is in his prime and has strong D-game/pk skill+ can skate, those 2 should create a strong shutdown line, then just add whoever you want for that last spot, right now looking like Rinaldo and Talbot being the extra.

Yeah, I'd like to see what Kemppainen has to offer. Would be interesting to see if he stays at his natural C position and Kelly plays the wing. I could be ok with:

Kelly - Kemppainen - Rinaldo

Two potentially solid PKers, some youth, some experience, some grit, and a lunatic that can skate and hit.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think pairing Hayes with either one of Eriksson or Beleskey is a bit redundant. While they do it in different ways, they all still make their living by being in front of the net. That's why I've never liked the suggestion of Hayes being put with Krejci.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly/Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak/Connolly
Rinaldo/Kemp/Ferlin - Kelly - Talbot

Chara
Krug
Seids
McQuaid
K. Miller
Irwin
Trotman/C. Miller/Morrow

Think if Krejci stays healthy and Spooner plays like he did last season, they got 3 centerman who are going to make their wingers better players. There is potential for overachieving there and making this a competitive team next year.

If Eriksson is with Krejci, which they think he should, a healthy year from both can see them leading the team in scoring 1-2 being together. Eriksson hasn't shown here he can play like his Dallas days, but this should be the year he gets the minutes to succeed offensively and think he'll do well. Nothing crazy, but around 60 points give or take.

The 3rd line looks a little off defensively. Saying that, hope Kelly never touches that line again.

Would be nice to see one of Trotman/C. Miller/Morrow, show something right at the start of the season too.

That's how it begins for me as it stands.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm backt to Eriksson with the kids.

Marchand-Bergeron-Connol
Beleskey-Krecji-Hayes
Eriksson-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Kemppaine/Talbot/Rinaldo

Make sure that every line has a player who has strong D-game so they can help our D, our D is going to need a lot of help.
We are going to see lot of 1-2 goal games from us so we need to make sure the D can keep the scoring that low.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly (meh)
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes (net front dude for them to bounce goals off of)
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak (superlite version of Tampa's triplets. super fast)
Kelly - Kemppainen - Rinaldo (could be interesting)
Talbot - Ferlin

Chara - Trotman (played well together but I'd like to see C. Miller force his way here)
Krug - McQuaid (I think Krug can be a top 4 guy but I feel gross putting Quaider here)
Seidenberg - C. Miller (who knows)
Irwin - Morrow - K. Miller

Rask
Smith/random

Not the happiest about it but they better put Beleskey - Spooner - Pasta together and let us watch that treat.

mjs14

Jun 30, 2015
Woburn MA
i know for sure i want a marchy-bergy-hayes line... hayes has a big body and can redirect SOG alllllllll day. plus for a dude his size 6'6'' 225 he has good handles & agility.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Why are some of you guys penciling in C. Miller on the top defensive pairing? LA fans say he is almost NHL ready. If that's true I don't see how he could be placed on the top pair.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Too many damn people that need to play RW. I want a Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson line...and that's fine, Loui has done it before...but everything else doesn't work...

Beleskey-Krejci-Hayes
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Eriksson-Spooner-Pasta
Talbot-Kelly-Rinaldo
Kemp
Ferlin
Koko

Chara / Seids
Irwin / McQuaid
Krug / K. Miller
Trotman
C. Miller
Morrow

Rask
FA or trade

Please just get Kelly gone. Kemp should be there and the money should be in our pocket. Forget about return.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
?/Krejci/?
Marchand/Bergy/?
?/Spooner/Pasta
?/Kemp( hopefully)/Rinaldo

?/Chara
?/Sieds
?/?/?

Rask/?/?/?

To me it doesn't seem like we have to many sure things here but this is about as close as it gets to that.

I hope to see guys playing in their natural position, nobody here has enough talent to be able to afford playing out of position.

I see a lot of interchangeable parts so it could be a fun in the sense that we can mix things up and not have to watch the same 4 lines underachieve all year.

I can't believe Kelly is still here at this point. We have lost Hamilton ,Lucic, Smith, Soda among others and yet we still hold on . I don't get it. It must be because he's not moveable because nothing else makes sense.

There is plenty of time and possibility for more moves. I suspect there won't be to many more. A top 4 D will have to come our way if we are going to have any hope of being a PO team next season.

If it is at all possible I'd like to see all of Sieds, Kelly, Chara gone before the season starts. I know that we are likely to have all three back but at this point of their careers and where the Bruins as a team are at , I can't see any point in retaining these guys any longer. Wasn't a fan of any of these contracts when they were signed and time has proven me right IMO. The only other logical move I can see is holding on to these guys, see how the season plays out, if we are out of the picture send them packing at deadline for picks and prospects, should net you a 1st,a 2nd and a 3rd.

We have guys like Morrow, C. Miller, Trotman , Ferlin maybe even Koko AND Florek all deserving a chance to take a shot at breaking the line up.

I'd give all our Goalie prospects a taste of the big time going into the season, trade for a legit backup if none of them prove to be worthy at deadline if we are still a PO hopeful and no one has run with it at that point.

We are likely to be a bubble team this year. A one and out in the PO's if nothing major happens to shake up our line up. Why not see where our prospects are at?

Bottom line is , this is the perfect season to say WTF, let's be brave and experiment for once instead of playing it safe al the ****ing time and boring fans to tears with a team that achieves nothing.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You guys have to give Eriksson big minutes. Either you want to see what he's made of to re-sign or want to increase his value in a trade.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
You guys have to give Eriksson big minutes. Either you want to see what he's made of to re-sign or want to increase his value in a trade.

Hey buddy hope all is well! Yeah I'm hoping Loui or Pasta gets top line RW duty next season.. Although I have a feeling Sweeney and Julien are going to start Jimmy Hayes there, blahhh.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Hey buddy hope all is well! Yeah I'm hoping Loui or Pasta gets top line RW duty next season.. Although I have a feeling Sweeney and Julien are going to start Jimmy Hayes there, blahhh.

Well, both those guys should be in the top 6 IMO. Pastrnak, Eriksson and Marchand are clear top 6 wingers to me. You fill in the rest where necessary.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Can't believe people are putting Hayes on 4th, splitting up Brad n Patrice etc

if forward group isn't changing
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Beleskey - Krejci - Hayes
Eriksson - Spooner - Pastrnak
Rinaldo - Kelly - Talbot

Kemppainen, Ferlin - bench or "on call"

defense i'm not as sure about
Chara - C Miller
Seids - Mcquaid
Krug - K Miller
Irwin
and send Trotman down

for the forwards that's the look most media types are speculating on. they wanted to re-create the horton-krecji-lucic line which would look like belesky-krecji-hayes
I guess that'll all depend on how JH plays, he could drop to 3rd pairing.

Belesky- krecji - hayes
marchand - bergeron- connolly
Ericsson-spooner- pasta
kelly-kempainen- talbot
xtra rinaldo

I have a feelign rinlado will be used when we play more phsycial teams or need to make a statement but joonas kemppainen certainly wasn't signed to 1 year deal unless the club wanted to see him right away. i wanted to see ferlin koko and griffith make the scene to this year. hopefully we can keep koko and find a fit for him next year.

the forwards are all going to be interchangeable i think under CJ's system. you could just as likely see

marchand bergeron hays
belesky krecji pasta
ericsson spooner connolly

or

ericsson krecji pasta
marchand bergeron conolly
belsky spooner hays

who knows.... the defence is a whole other struggle to figure out

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
... Krejci really has never had anyone with an elite shot at his side, maybe that'll change. I'd go:

Eriksson-Krejci-Conolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot
Kemmpainen(sp)

Chara-X
Krug-Seidenberg
Irwin-McQuaid
Miller

Rask
X

Horton had a wicked shot, albeit a slower release.

I agree with your lines, but I'm not sold on Connolly yet. I liked that he looked like a gritty Smith but I fear that is also all he might be. Complimentary top 9 winger. Bigger Kobasew.

But we didn't get to glimpse his skill last season, so hopefully he comes out blazing and boosts our expectations.

All we heard about here with Fraser was his elite shot, but lack if speed.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Eriksson-Krejci-Hayes (Slow it down)
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak (Speed it up)
Beleskey-Spooner-Connolly (God knows what)
Talbot-Kelly-Rinaldo (Vomit)

Chara-Franson
Seidenberg-Krug
Trotman-McQuaid

Is C Miller ready for a shot or is he still developing?

I really liked the way Pasta looked in the few games he rode shotgun with Bergy and Marchand. I'd like to see that again.

I'd consider Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly .... sort of a poor man's Looch-Krejci-Horton/Iggy. You've got the guy who makes space, Krejci to set it up and the guy whose good at finding space and letting it fly.

Which of course would leave Loui-Spooner-Hayes. Which I also like because Loui provides some defensive insulation for Spooner and Hayes while not exactly a bruiser offers some size to make room for him. Of course you've also got 2 guys who make their living about 2 feet from the crease so maybe that would stifle Spoons a bit.

4th line is what it is, doubt there's too many surprises there unless we see a guy or two moved.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Horton had a wicked shot, albeit a slower release.

I agree with your lines, but I'm not sold on Connolly yet. I liked that he looked like a gritty Smith but I fear that is also all he might be. Complimentary top 9 winger. Bigger Kobasew.

But we didn't get to glimpse his skill last season, so hopefully he comes out blazing and boosts our expectations.

All we heard about here with Fraser was his elite shot, but lack if speed.

Pretty sure we heard a lot about Jordan Knackstedt's "pro shot" too :)

Wonder what he's up to?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
i know for sure i want a marchy-bergy-hayes line... hayes has a big body and can redirect SOG alllllllll day. plus for a dude his size 6'6'' 225 he has good handles & agility.

Was just about to say I wasn't sure if we've ever really seen that style of player with that duo then realized where Old Balls Recchi scored 90% of his goals from.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I think pairing Hayes with either one of Eriksson or Beleskey is a bit redundant. While they do it in different ways, they all still make their living by being in front of the net. That's why I've never liked the suggestion of Hayes being put with Krejci.

From what I've seen of Beleskey I think he's a fair bit different than the other two. He's got a sneaky great release on his wrister and scores a lot of his goals hashes out. I think Loui and Hayes probably have better hands around the net, but to me it looks like Matt is a different beast.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Problem is Beleskey is a borderline top 6 and Hayes and BC are borderline top 9 . They need many of these forwards to play far above their established ceiling to even be moderately successful

Borderline top-9? Really?

Right now:

Loui-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergy-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Joonas-Talbot
Rinaldo

Chara-Trotman
Krug-McQuaid
Irwin-Seids
C.Miller/K.Miller/Morrow

Rask-Smith/Subban/McIntyre

Will probable have more changes before game 1. And then in-season. At the deadline. In the end, I see this 15-16 edition getting more pts in the standings than that very disapointing 14-15 one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad