Proposal: bruins line up for 2015 2016

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
Ericksson Bergeron Connolly Chara Miller

Beleskey Kreci Pastrnak Seindenberg Franson ( 3,800 )ufa

Marchand Spooner Hayes Krug Mcquaid

Rinaldo Kelly Ferlin Spare ( Matt Irwin)

Kemppanainen (spare ) Talbot Waivers

Rask and good back up 1million

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Wow, that's crazy. I only have 2 pairs of players the same as you in the entire top 9. Speaks to the change in the team up front, I guess.

Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Eriksson-Spooner-Pastrnak

You can't split Marchand and Bergeron up. That's the only guarantee with this team.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Problem is Beleskey is a borderline top 6 and Hayes and BC are borderline top 9 . They need many of these forwards to play far above their established ceiling to even be moderately successful

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Eriksson and Pastrnak deserve to play in the top 6.

Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak/Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly/Pastrnak
Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes

That should be the roster until further trades are made. The lines will probably be determined by chemistry among the players. Part of me feels like Connolly will be gone by the trade deadline to upgrade the roster.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ericksson Bergeron Connolly Chara Miller

Beleskey Kreci Pastrnak Seindenberg Franson ( 3,800 )ufa

Marchand Spooner Hayes Krug Mcquaid

Rinaldo Kelly Ferlin Spare ( Matt Irwin)

Kemppanainen (spare ) Talbot Waivers

Rask and good back up 1million

Which Miller?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Marchand--Bergeron--Hayes
Beleskey--Krejci--Pastrnak
Eriksson--Spooner--Connolly
Rinaldo--Kemppainen--Talbot

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I expect more changes, but as of today, the two forward lineups I like are...

Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Eriksson - Spooner - Connolly
Rinaldo - Kemppainen - Talbot

Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak
Rinaldo - Kemppainen - Talbot

Some thoughts...

I'm not sold on Hayes but I put him with 63 & 37 because I feel like those two are so strong together he can just make his way to the front of the net and set up camp while the other two run around.

I wonder if Beleskey was made promises about where he'd play in the lineup, which is why he chose to play here for less than stay on a contender in Anaheim.

I'm not sold Eriksson is anything more than a complimentary player at this point. I didn't like him with Krejci last year at all in training camp. They both like to slow things down and that line looked like it was playing in quicksand. I'm sure Eriksson could put up better points with a really explosive center, but I'm not sold he can do that here.

I'd love to give Krejci and Pasta a chance to form some chemistry. If it doesn't work, they can always fall back to Spooner-Pasta but the potential is there for that combination to be our dynamic duo, in the mold of a Kopitar/Gaborik.

Last edited:

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Wow, that's crazy. I only have 2 pairs of players the same as you in the entire top 9. Speaks to the change in the team up front, I guess.

Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes

You can't split Marchand and Bergeron up. That's the only guarantee with this team.

This is what I hope to see. Bergeron-Marchand and Spooner-Pastrnak were successful last year, you can't break that up. Beleskey makes sense on that top line as a Lucic replacement, as does Connolly, who has more skill than Hayes. Eriksson, who is far better than Lucic in his own end, should be a good defensive presence with the two kids.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Marchand--Bergeron--Hayes
Beleskey--Krejci--Pastrnak
Eriksson--Spooner--Connolly
Rinaldo--Kemppainen--Talbot

I actually don't mind this...balance out the lines and hope the new guys click and break out, while also putting them in a situation to succeed...not like putting Spooner with Chris Kelly or a Paille and expect him to produce.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Problem is Beleskey is a borderline top 6 and Hayes and BC are borderline top 9 . They need many of these forwards to play far above their established ceiling to even be moderately successful

I sure hoping your wrong on Connolly as I'm betting he's a sure top 6.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I sure hoping your wrong on Connolly as I'm betting he's a sure top 6.

I don't think he's a sure top 6, but a lot of Tampa Bay fans said they'd be shocked if he didn't get 20 goals next year. They felt like he was turning the corner. They were pretty happy with the return but they knew he'll be a good player.

If we put him with Krejci I think he could reach 20. He has an absolutely lethal shot. He's also a slower player, more like a Lucic/Iginla. He has big balls, he's really physical and doesn't back down from anyone. He's worked really well with those types of players. Krejci really has never had anyone with an elite shot at his side, maybe that'll change. I'd go:

Eriksson-Krejci-Conolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot
Kemmpainen(sp)

Chara-X
Krug-Seidenberg
Irwin-McQuaid
Miller

Rask
X

Some notes, I really think Loui and Krejci will be together from camp. Krejci was really expecting to play with Loui last year and it never happened... He seemed pretty upset about it too. Like I said above with Connolly, he would fit well with him. He adds some defensive skill to the line and will put anything in front of the net in. Krejci sets them up, Connolly makes space and shoots, Eriksson gets the dirty goals and is a big help defensively. Not so sure about the 2nd line, but I think Hayes will end up there. He's huge and had nearly 20 goals last year. If Smith can mooch himself to that with Bergy and Marshy I'm sure he can too. I really want to keep Spooner and Pastrnak together, and I think with Beleskey that will be a really good 3rd line. Can't see Kelly going if he hasn't yet.

For the defense, I really don't think Sweeney is done. He wants to make the playoffs and that won't happen with Trotman on the 1st pairing. Whether it's Franson, Oduya, Ehrhoff, or a trade, I think a defenseman is definitely coming. No idea about the backup goalie. I also expect them to rotate Miller/Irwin/McQuaid like they did with Krug/Bart/Hamilton back in 2013-14.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
This team isn't going to compete for the presidents trophy. I would like to roll a really young fast line up and give the kids a real shot for once.

Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Khokhlachev-Krejci-Connolly
Kelly-Kemppainen-Hayes
Rinaldo

Chara-C. Miller/Trotman
Seidenberg-Morrow
Mcquaid-Krug
C. Miller/Trotman
Miller

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Kelly-Kemppainen-Talbot

Chara-Trotman
Krug-Seidenberg
Miller-McQuaid
Morrow

Tuukka
Emery/Gustavsson

Hopefully Semin is signed to take Hayes out of the top 6. Could always put Eriksson there but I'd rather have someone defensively responsible play with the kids.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We don't have the elite talent so we need lines which have chemistry, should be all about chemistry.

I don't understand why Spooner is getting linemates who can't keep up with him,
that's not the way to get the max out of Spooner?

We should see 3 balanced 2nd lines and a strong 4th line with a nice D-game.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
There's more to be done by opening day as I would expect that one of the d-man are on their way out.

Marchand Bergy Connolly
Belesky Krejci Pastrnak
Kelly Spooner Eriksson
Rinaldo Kemppainen Hayes/Randall
Talbot

Chara - Trotman
Seidenberg - Krug
J.Morrow - Mcquaid
C.Miller- K.miller
Irwin

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak/Connolly
Eriksson - Spooner - Pastrnak/Connolly
Talbot - Kamppainen - Ferlin

Id like to see Rinaldo get in there and be a main stay over Talbot at some point if he actually evolves his game. Really want to see Connolly just get with a good center, doesn't matter to me if its spooner or krejci, and shoot the puck. He has a great shot/release and his numbers suggest he can put up 25 or more with krejci and maybe 20 with spoons.

I like Eriksson with spooner, they seem to have chemistry and Loui really skates when he plays with the breakout rook

Pastrnak I think can play with either krejci or spoons as well and my only concern with krejci is if that's too much puck hogging on one side.

Think Hayes can put in 20 with Bergeron and learn some defensive nuances while he's at it

The real question is where does Kelly go? Im staring to get the impression he'll be on the team but where do you put him? The fourth line makes the most sense but do you really want to keep him at that cap in that role?

Chara - Trotman
Seidenberg - Krug
McQuaid - C.Miller

If we don't acquire any more defensemen. Think if Trotman has made the team, C.Miller can and maybe even work his way up next to Chara

Trotman had a strong season conclusion and if he can build off that I think he makes the team

I also feel pretty good about our depth.

Personally I'd really like to see the team sign another top 4 like Franson and stick him next to chara and let the yutes fight over the seat next to Quader, buyout or trade Kelly and get a back up that can play 25-30 games effectively

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This team isn't going to compete for the presidents trophy. I would like to roll a really young fast line up and give the kids a real shot for once.

Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Khokhlachev-Krejci-Connolly
Kelly-Kemppainen-Hayes
Rinaldo

Chara-C. Miller/Trotman
Seidenberg-Morrow
Mcquaid-Krug
C. Miller/Trotman
Miller

So Kevan Miller is your #9 Dman at this time?

Unbelievable.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Kelly-Kemppainen-Talbot

Chara-Trotman
Krug-Seidenberg
Miller-McQuaid
Morrow

Tuukka
Emery/Gustavsson

Hopefully Semin is signed to take Hayes out of the top 6. Could always put Eriksson there but I'd rather have someone defensively responsible play with the kids.

Miller (whichever one you mean) with McQuaid is two righties. Not happening.

Believe me, Semin should not be an option.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Miller (whichever one you mean) with McQuaid is two righties. Not happening.

Believe me, Semin should not be an option.

Don't understand why not. The guy's effort was down on a horrible Carolina team. I'd like to see him play on a potential playoff team again. We should not be going into the season with Connolly or Hayes in the top 6.

We sign him to a one year deal, which is what he wants anyways. I think he would be awesome on Krejci's wing. Immediately would become our top goal scorer. If not, it's just a one year deal, so who cares?

Zac Rinaldo*

i think connolly would have a monster year with bergy and marchand. put jimmy on krejci's line with beleskey and stop acting as if we have a definitive first line, second line etc. and that categorically assigning "top 9" and "top 6" to players isn't arbitrary on this team, especially under claude.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Don't understand why not. The guy's effort was down on a horrible Carolina team. I'd like to see him play on a potential playoff team again. We should not be going into the season with Connolly or Hayes in the top 6.

We sign him to a one year deal, which is what he wants anyways. I think he would be awesome on Krejci's wing. Immediately would become our top goal scorer. If not, it's just a one year deal, so who cares?

I think your severely underrating Connolly. He's diffidently top 6, I would say he'll be good for 25-30 goals if given the chance.

gen60

Sep 23, 2007
Why are you guys leaving Zac Rinaldo out of all the lineups. Traded a 3rd rounder for him, no way he would be benched.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think your severely underrating Connolly. He's diffidently top 6, I would say he'll be good for 25-30 goals if given the chance.

If Connolly can step up then our forward lineup is set for a long time and we can re-sign him cheaply longterm and enjoy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad