Proposal: bruins line up for 2015 2016

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
In the interest of starting anew, I wouldn't mind seeing CJ split up Marchand and Bergeron.

Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Loui-Bergeron-Hayes
Marchand-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Kemp-Talbot
Jackass

Chara-C. Miller/Trotman
Krug-McQuaid (until he's hurt, so late October)
Seids-C. Miller/Trotman
Irwin

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Borderline top-9? Really?

Right now:

Loui-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergy-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Joonas-Talbot
Rinaldo

Chara-Trotman
Krug-McQuaid
Irwin-Seids
C.Miller/K.Miller/Morrow

Rask-Smith/Subban/McIntyre

Will probable have more changes before game 1. And then in-season. At the deadline. In the end, I see this 15-16 edition getting more pts in the standings than that very disapointing 14-15 one.

Why do you disagree with him?

I haven't formed much of an opinion on either but I don't think he is wrong. Connolly very easily could settle in as a 3rd line grinder with some skill, and same for Hayes. Just as likely as they could turn into Horton/Lucic.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
IMO you keep Spooner-Pasta and Bergeron-Marchand

Beleskey-Krejci-Loui
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Hayes-Spooner-Pasta
Talbot-Kelly-Rinaldo

I have a feeling Clode will switch Loui with Hayes and maybe put Connolly up with Krejci. I'd really like to see Krejci Loui get a real shot though

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Only way we'll be able to score is by loading up talent on the 1st line.

Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Connolly
Talbot-Kelly-Kemppainen

??-??
Chara-Seidenberg
McQuaid-Krug

Rask
??

Not sure what they'll do without a 1st pairing or backup goalie and with all the 7th/8th defensemen.

Haha, Exactly...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Why do you disagree with him?

I haven't formed much of an opinion on either but I don't think he is wrong. Connolly very easily could settle in as a 3rd line grinder with some skill, and same for Hayes. Just as likely as they could turn into Horton/Lucic.

Maybe it's because English ain't my first language, but "borderline 3rd liner" to me means that he's a 3rd/4th liner and not a good 3rd.

That's why I disagree. I see Connolly and Hayes as goal scorers.

Hayes had a breaktrhough season with 19 goals in 72 games. Good for 93rd in the league. Let's see how he does this year and in the futur but based on last year, can you really say he had borderline 3rd liner's numbers?

As for Connolly, he's younger and still an unpolished prospect/player at 22y. After playing 68 games in 11-12 and only 16 between 12-14, he got back into the league last season with 12 goals in 50 games. To me, he has the skills to be a 20 goals scorer. Especially playing with either Krejci, Bergy or Spooner. Is that borderline 3rd liner skills?

Again, maybe it's because I don't really understand what "borderline 3rd liner" means but to me, they are better than that. Could see either getting 15-20g this year and maybe more depending of linemates and PP time while adding a physical presence on the wing/in the slot. If that is borderline 3rd line talent, I hope we get more of that.

Shortvalley

Jun 7, 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden
Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Eriksson-Spooner-Pasternak
Kelly-Kemppainen-Talbot/Rinaldo

Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
K.Miller/Irwin-Trotman

I don't think that we have a good 1st and 2nd line, but we have one off the best 3rd lines in the league.
Our defense looks slow, i hope that C. Miller will be overachieving in the AHL and that he can bring some speed to the defense on this team.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Belesky - Krejci - Pastrnak
Eriksson - Spooner - Hayes
Rinaldo - Kelly - Talbot

Chara - Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - Trotman
Irwin

Rask
Smith

It's going to be a long year.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
In the interest of starting anew, I wouldn't mind seeing CJ split up Marchand and Bergeron.

Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Loui-Bergeron-Hayes
Marchand-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Kemp-Talbot
Jackass

Chara-C. Miller/Trotman
Krug-McQuaid (until he's hurt, so late October)
Seids-C. Miller/Trotman
Irwin

:laugh:

Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes/Pastrnak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes/Pastrnak
Kelly-Kemp-Talbot/Ferlin
Jackass (â„¢bp13)

Chara-C. Miller
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Trotman/K. Miller/Irwin

Rask
Smith

I think that Eriksson can score 30 playing with Krejci.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes

Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
K.Miller/Irwin-Trotman

I don't think that we have a good 1st and 2nd line, but we have one off the best 3rd lines in the league.
Our defense looks slow, i hope that C. Miller will be overachieving in the AHL and that he can bring some speed to the defense on this team.

The 1st line depends upon Krejci regaining form as a legit #1center ,last year was a complete wash for him .

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like that team tho . They don't look awful IMO .

I agree. It may not be a popular opinion, but there's a lot to like about this lineup. I just want to see them play hard and firmly put behind them the team that was dull and uninterested for most of last year.

If the kids they seem to be trusting with playing advanced roles this year in Trotman ( top 4 duty ) and Connolly ( top 6 ) can meet expectations, this team has a shot.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I agree. It may not be a popular opinion, but there's a lot to like about this lineup. I just want to see them play hard and firmly put behind them the team that was dull and uninterested for most of last year.

If the kids they seem to be trusting with playing advanced roles this year in Trotman ( top 4 duty ) and Connolly ( top 6 ) can meet expectations, this team has a shot.

Exactly . Will be refreshing to see the effort atleast .

Zac Rinaldo*

it's an ok team if krug has a career-defining year, mcquiad stays healthy, chara somewhat rebounds, and hayes, beleskey, and connolly contribute more than 15 goals a piece. by ok i mean borderline playoff.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
it's an ok team if krug has a career-defining year, mcquiad stays healthy, chara somewhat rebounds, and hayes, beleskey, and connolly contribute more than 15 goals a piece. by ok i mean borderline playoff.

I like the defense of

Chara-Trotman (played very well together)
Seids-CMiller (Seids will be healthy with all this rest)
Krug-McQ (this pair will have as much or more minutes than the 2nd)

Irwin and KMiller are far better subs than we've had in some time IMO.

If CMiller fails, maybe Morrow steps in there and Seids to the right...Or Irwin.

As far as the forwards.

Krejci healthy. Bergeron, Marchand and Eriksson will be fantastic again. beleskey, Connolly and Hayes will be hungry. Pasta and Spooner here all year. Fourth line players like Rinaldo, Randell, Ferlin, Kemp, Kelly and Talbot should offer more than last years crew.

I dunno, excited to see how it all works. I'm not as upset having a bad team if I see the effort and I know that our prospect cupboard is now stocked.

Last year was really just awful. Uninspired, lazy, soft play. Cap hell. Thin prospect base. Boring Providence team (excited to see the UDFA this year)

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I like the defense of

Chara-Trotman (played very well together)
Seids-CMiller (Seids will be healthy with all this rest)
Krug-McQ (this pair will have as much or more minutes than the 2nd)

Irwin and KMiller are far better subs than we've had in some time IMO.

If CMiller fails, maybe Morrow steps in there and Seids to the right...Or Irwin.

As far as the forwards.

Krejci healthy. Bergeron, Marchand and Eriksson will be fantastic again. beleskey, Connolly and Hayes will be hungry. Pasta and Spooner here all year. Fourth line players like Rinaldo, Randell, Ferlin, Kemp, Kelly and Talbot should offer more than last years crew.

I dunno, excited to see how it all works. I'm not as upset having a bad team if I see the effort and I know that our prospect cupboard is now stocked.

Last year was really just awful. Uninspired, lazy, soft play. Cap hell. Thin prospect base. Boring Providence team (excited to see the UDFA this year)

CMiller and Morrow are on two way contracts and unless they blow the doors of a camp this fall they start and spend the majority of time in Providence and make the big club the following season. all the other guys are on 1 way deals and unless traded will be the revolving d-core roster. that being said I'm hoping we move Seids and Kmiller sooner than later, sign a UFA maybe 2 ( I like zidlicky on a 1 year deal on the cheap) and then maybe open things for morrow and C miller to rotate in when guys get hurt or we can slide them against weaker opp.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes

Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
K.Miller/Irwin-Trotman

Assuming you're referring to Bergeron as 2C, not sure regardless of who is on the right side you could deem that line to be anything but very good.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Honestly, lay out every other team in the division on paper like that, I don't think there's much of a gap after Tampa and then obviously to Buffalo and TO at the bottom. I think 2-5 is pretty much wide open with Det/Mtl/Ott/FLA/Bos

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts

I love the forwards, I hate that defense. Talk about slow and trudging transition. It's going to be the same as last year unless Chara and Seidenberg can make a full recovery.

The compete level of the forwards should be much improved though. I am however very excited about the defense prospects (C. Miller, Morrow, Zboril, Carlo, Lauzon, O'Gara, Grzelcyk) - at least there is hope there.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I hope so, but fear that the Bruins will ice Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot as a god-awful fourth line.

I have the same fears. I don't like Talbot and kelly at all. When we have guys trying to break in like Kemppainen, Koko, Ferlin, Griffitha and Randle who can all play some are big and some are fast. I don't see why we keep the likes of Talbot/Kelly/Ronaldo around.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Honestly, lay out every other team in the division on paper like that, I don't think there's much of a gap after Tampa and then obviously to Buffalo and TO at the bottom. I think 2-5 is pretty much wide open with Det/Mtl/Ott/FLA/Bos

Just a look at the division other than Tampa

Lines will be wrong, just listing

Pax-Plekanec-Gallagher
de la Rose-Desharnais-Semin
Eller-Galchenyuk-DSP
Kassian-Mitchell-Weise

Subban-Markov
Emelin-Petry
Gilbert-Beaulieu

Price-Tokarski

Detroit

Zets-Datsyuk-Nyqvist
Tatar-Richards-Franzen
Helm-Sheahan-Abdelkader
Miller-Andersson-Glendening

Kronwall-Green
Ericsson-Quicny
Smith-Kindl

Howard-Mrazek

Ottawa

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zbad-Stone
Hoffman-Lazar-Chaisson
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Wiercoich
Boroweicki-Ceci

Anderson-Hammond

Nothing insurmountable there.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Just a look at the division other than Tampa

Lines will be wrong, just listing

Pax-Plekanec-Gallagher
de la Rose-Desharnais-Semin
Eller-Galchenyuk-DSP
Kassian-Mitchell-Weise

Subban-Markov
Emelin-Petry
Gilbert-Beaulieu

Price-Tokarski

Detroit

Zets-Datsyuk-Nyqvist
Tatar-Richards-Franzen
Helm-Sheahan-Abdelkader
Miller-Andersson-Glendening

Kronwall-Green
Ericsson-Quicny
Smith-Kindl

Howard-Mrazek

Ottawa

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zbad-Stone
Hoffman-Lazar-Chaisson
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Wiercoich
Boroweicki-Ceci

Anderson-Hammond

Nothing insurmountable there.

Agree.

TB is the favorite for #1 spot.
Toronto is the favorite for the 8th spot.

Buffalo has improved but how much? I think they end up in 6-7th.

Then, Mtl-Det-Ott-Bos-Flo battle for the last two playoffs spot and the three teams that don't get them will be in hunt for the two WC spots.

The East will be very tight again this year. The margin between 5-12 will be small IMO.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
t

Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak
Rinaldo - Kemppainen - Talbot

THIS.

BUT, I see Kelly is not in that forward group. I'm afraid that is going to take an act of God, or a hitman, to get done.

Hate the wingers on the 4th line. Could be a 4 minute a night energy line, but i'd like to see Kemp get some minutes. I am ok with the top 9. Any one of those lines could be the top scoring option, and i thinks will get shifts split pretty evenly at ES. The should be good net front presence on each line. I limit Spooner's d-zone starts, until they can prove reliable as a unit..

if Kelly is out, then who is 13th?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I hope so, but fear that the Bruins will ice Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot as a god-awful fourth line.

I think the only way that fear is not reality is if Kelly is on a 3rd line with Spooner and someone else like Eriksson or Pastrnak. Which is even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad