Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs (Thursday, April 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Will Boston lose to Detroit tonight, and then, take the loss out on us tomorrow night? :dunno:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
That's the way it should be. You need to roll your lines if you want to compete. There should be no excuse to play someone under 5 minutes a game.

If you can't play someone for more then that on a regular basis, there's something terribly wrong with the player you are dressing.

Or the coach who distributes the ice time...

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Will Boston lose to Detroit tonight, and then, take the loss out on us tomorrow night? :dunno:

I was looking forward to possibly playing Boston in the first round again. If we win, it'll leave a bad taste in my mouth of what could have been a great playoff series.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
There's no reason for the Boston Bruins to rest their best players. They want to finish as high up in the standings as they possibly can so that they can get guaranteed home ice advantage in the playoffs vs. everyone. Makes it worth fighting for the President's Trophy.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Boston gonna thrash Detroit tonight and be tired as **** against us tomorrow = easy win for us.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
The Bruins just had a perfectly good goal called off, due to goalie interference, but the replay shows no such interference. The ref was Chris Rooney.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Boston gonna thrash Detroit tonight and be tired as **** against us tomorrow = easy win for us.

The last time we played Boston on the second half of a back to back they came back 4-1 in the last 10 minutes of the third period.

'Nuff said

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
We really need Kessel to find his game during this stretch, don't see much happening without him contributing.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dammit.

BOSTON 2
DETROIT 3

A few min left in the 3rd :(

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Meh I don't care anymore to be honest. They controlled their destiny with just 14 games remaining and they decided to toss it all away. It's probably better if they miss the playoffs anyway.

I've lost a ton of interest in the way this season ends.

I don't really mind what happens in the last 5-7 games. The damage has been done and even if they somehow make the playoffs, I am convinced that the Leafs cannot win a playoff round or two let alone the Cup unless there are changes across the board.

We have too many people in our organization that have too many excuses when things go wrong.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Aren't we really just hoping Philly and Chicago wax Columbus, and to beat them to that last spot (if we're hoping for playoffs?), while we beat Boston and Winnipeg, moving ahead of them by 3?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Aren't we really just hoping Philly and Chicago wax Columbus, and to beat them to that last spot (if we're hoping for playoffs?), while we beat Boston and Winnipeg, moving ahead of them by 3?

Philly has Mason as their goalie...true wild card and Chicago is without Toews and Kane. It's just not meant to be.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Leafs have no chance in catching the Wings now. Wings have more ROW, are 4 points ahead with a game in hand and two left against the Sabres.

It's 8th or bust for the Leafs.

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
A Columbus regulation loss and a win by us puts us back in the wildcard..

One can dream, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad