Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs (Thursday, April 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Something I noticed from last game (first time I think I've ever seen it this season):

No player on the roster played less than 10 minutes against the Flames

That's the way it should be. You need to roll your lines if you want to compete. There should be no excuse to play someone under 5 minutes a game.

If you can't play someone for more then that on a regular basis, there's something terribly wrong with the player you are dressing.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
I don't care if we win this one. I just want someone to run over Lucic. Please. For ONCE!!

I hope it's Gunnarson. I'd like to see him embrace his Viking heritage and turn into a total beast out there, and flatten Lucic Scott Stevens style with a clean but deadly open ice hit. He's got it in him, it's just waiting to be unleashed!

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Good thing is. Chara and Iginla will likely sit.

Atleast, I hope. Would be a smart move by them to sit some guys; however, they are playing the Leafs and would bet money that they want to be the ones who bury us again.

IMO it is a winnable game, not that as a fan we should ever say that....but it is. Bruins are geared up for the playoffs and likely in coast mode. That is why it is tough to look at games in the final stretch...Chicago's, LA's , Bruin's of the league have been here before and know how to conserve for long playoff runs.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm curious how Gardiner will play. he seems to light up another gear when he plays against the Bruins

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Final games for the season for teams battling to get into the wild card

Leafs vs

Bruins , Jets, Lightning, Panthers and Senators

Redwings vs

Bruins , Sabres , Canadiens, Sabres, Penguins, Hurricanes , and Blues

Bluejackets vs

Flyers , Blackhawks, Islanders, Coyotes , Stars , Lightning and Panthers

Capitals vs

Devils , Islanders , Blues , Hurricanes , Blackhawks and Ligtning

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
Final games for the season for teams battling to get into the wild card

Leafs vs

Bruins , Jets, Lightning, Panthers and Senators

Redwings vs

Bruins , Sabres , Canadiens, Sabres, Penguins, Hurricanes , and Blues

Bluejackets vs

Flyers , Blackhawks, Islanders, Coyotes , Stars , Lightning and Panthers

Capitals vs

Devils , Islanders , Blues , Hurricanes , Blackhawks and Ligtning

detroit has a pretty tough schedule. Hopefully they drop one to those games with the buffalo. Red wings cold streak starts tonight! (first non-leaf game that I'll be watching this year)

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Good thing is. Chara and Iginla will likely sit.

Atleast, I hope. Would be a smart move by them to sit some guys; however, they are playing the Leafs and would bet money that they want to be the ones who bury us again.

IMO it is a winnable game, not that as a fan we should ever say that....but it is. Bruins are geared up for the playoffs and likely in coast mode. That is why it is tough to look at games in the final stretch...Chicago's, LA's , Bruin's of the league have been here before and know how to conserve for long playoff runs.

sorry but the bruins are not in coast mode, they are fighting with st louis for home ice in the finals

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
bruins will not sit anybody for tomorow's game.

We have a better chance of beating Chicago... kane and toews won't play.

still think the boys will pull through for both though

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Leafs gonna lose last 5

Theyre gonna have a "better pick"

Then they gonna pick a future bust

While the 4 picks before and after them are going to be serviceful NHLers 2 years from now

This is the likely outcome, except the four picks before and after will become all stars.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I hope it's Gunnarson. I'd like to see him embrace his Viking heritage and turn into a total beast out there, and flatten Lucic Scott Stevens style with a clean but deadly open ice hit. He's got it in him, it's just waiting to be unleashed!

He probably doesn't have that in him. He should most likely stay far away from Lucic, just like Phaneuf will

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
You guys are acting like the Leafs have already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. I hate the Bruins and I want the Leafs to beat them like any other game.

GO LEAFS GO!

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
detroit has a pretty tough schedule. Hopefully they drop one to those games with the buffalo. Red wings cold streak starts tonight! (first non-leaf game that I'll be watching this year)
Certainly none of the teams have that easy of a schedule coming up, the Leafs making the playoffs is still a good possibility. Beating the Bruins can go a long way in achieving that. It's not over until its over and I still believe they can do it. Remember, the other teams still have to win some games as well and its not a given but some people give up too easily

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
A win over the Bruins is the ONLY gift I want for my birthday, please and thank you!

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Boston has been head and shoulders above the rest of the league since the olympic break...

We are going to get SMASHED. I'm honestly thinking it's going to be one of those 8-0 games. I'll even bet money on it. Boston does not hold back against potential 1st round opponents, they will smash Detroit tonight and will come into our barn and smash us even harder.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
wrong. boston wants the leafs as their first round opponents IMO, more so than the jackets (who actually have structure and work hard) which is why they will throw the game tommorow.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
wrong. boston wants the leafs as their first round opponents IMO, more so than the jackets (who actually have structure and work hard) which is why they will throw the game tommorow.
I think it's win/win for them. They might help get us as opponents or they get the chance to put the nail in our coffin again.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas

it's not that hard of a schedule when detriot only has to win 4 games to basically clinch and some of those top teams will be on coast mode.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Why are people even suggesting Boston will throw the game just to face the leafs in the first round? We scared the **** outta of them when we nearly eliminated them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad