Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs (Thursday, April 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
We play Boston on their 2nd game of a back-to-back... here's hoping they beat Det in regulation and then play their back-up against us. If this scenario were to happen, we'd be tied with them, 2 more games played, but DET having 2 back-to-backs remaining. Also 1 point ahead of CBJ with 3 more games played....

Doesn't look pretty, but all we need is one of DET/CBJ to go cold and us to go 5-0, potentially 4-1.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Do or die game basically last chance .... a win would make it a little bit more interesting down the stretch and a loss would bury us

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
God dammit this is going to be a tough one, but I think SOMEHOW the leafs are going to win this game and continue their drive for 9th place!

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
They'll probably win.

That's what everyone said vs. St.Louis.

"Leafs only show up and beat good teams and lose against crappy ones" then they proceeded to get trounced by the Blues. Boston aint much different if not better.

But man would I love to beat this team. If this team can play hard, balls to the walls for just ONE night please be against Boston.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Leafs only have a 8.6% chance of making the playoffs. http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html They have to win their remaining 5 games in regulation pretty much just to even have a chance. And 6 regulation wins in a row may not be good enough to get them in the playoffs.

I thought i read that if they win out their chances go to 74% ... Columbus has a pretty tough schedule so we'll see..

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I don't know what to do.
eight games i've been totally yah! we're going to win!
the one game i'm like let's stop and lose - and they win

so..
confused. :laugh:

Party like it's 2009. I think that's the year of Boyd the better draft pick killer Devereux

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Leafs will win, Tank Nation will cry and then pretend they actually wanted to win all along if we make the playoffs.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Lord, how did we get ourselves so messed up???
:(

BB

8 game losing streak with no loser points even.

That's 16 points. A decent team should be able to get half that and a playoff positioned team should be able to get 10 points at least.

Look at Habs and Tampa in the standings and take away 10 points, that's why we're where we are.

Can't go 8 in a row at the end of the season with not a single point, while also giving points to the teams chasing us in several of those games.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Party like it's 2009. I think that's the year of Boyd the better draft pick killer Devereux

that's the year we drafted Nazzy instead of Brayden right?

all I am going to say is that whatever happens - I want it to happen quick. if we're gonna get smoked, let it come right away. if we're going to smoke them - let it happen right away. no teaser crap.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Gonna get murked.

Played with zero passion tonight, and I expect the same versus Boston. They barely got past one of the worst teams in Calgary, there's no way they're even close against Boston, who is absolutely rolling.

The hockey IQ on this team is so low, its ****ed.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't care if we win this one. I just want someone to run over Lucic. Please. For ONCE!!

Toad

May 18, 2013
I have never been as confident in the Leafs beating the Bruins as I am about the game on Thursday...They will win. I am absolutely 100% convinced that they will.

The prototypical tease-job has only just begun...

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
The difference between pick #13 and pick #9 doesn't really entice me, so it'd be good to beat the Bruins regardless of playoff positioning. They've pretty much got their seed locked up, so they don't really have anything to play for.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Surprisingly we're not dead yet, we're neck and neck. The players and management seem to believe in themselves, so here's hoping they know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad