Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Game 3 - 7pm - Series tied 1 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
*sigh* Graham Skilliter is reffing our game tonight.
1713971760655.png

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Jordan Schmaltz, an ex player who has good ties and connections and broke a few TDL deals a few months back, said he got injured on a hit during the last game of the season. He doesn't know how severe it is.

Probably a sun burn.

sunburns were the most common type of injury, representing 55.4% of all cases ( n = 407). The most frequent body parts affected by sunburn injuries were the shoulders (27.0%), followed by the face (25.1%) and the back (13.5%)

Sun burns are no joke.

Anyways, I hope he takes his time getting back. No need to rush anyone, not yet

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It’s up to him and that’s fine. If he feels like he still can’t help the team tonight, then it’s the opposite of being selfish. We shouldn’t be necessarily asking him to play through something because it might actually hurt the team more than help.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
We need Mo to start generating some offence from the back end.

every time i saw a defender whip a pass into Boston skates i immediately knew it was Mo. Hel hit his playoff gear eventually

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Looks like Nylander plays, and Matthews is just resting.
Robertson comes out. Same D.
Anyone else getting disappointed with Robertson? I know he's battled major injuries in his young/short career and Keefe necessarily hasn't afforded him the plentiful opportunities needed to succeed, but he's starting to become just one of those "there" players and not showing much more, sadly.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Anyone else getting disappointed with Robertson? I know he's battled major injuries in his young/short career and Keefe necessarily hasn't afforded him the plentiful opportunities needed to succeed, but he's starting to become just one of those "there" players and not showing much more, sadly.
Quite the opposite for me.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Probably a sun burn.

sunburns were the most common type of injury, representing 55.4% of all cases ( n = 407). The most frequent body parts affected by sunburn injuries were the shoulders (27.0%), followed by the face (25.1%) and the back (13.5%)

Sun burns are no joke.

Anyways, I hope he takes his time getting back. No need to rush anyone, not yet

Bro if he was lounging on the beach too much in Florida and got sunburnt so bad he couldn't have gear on and contact would be insanely painful... Well let's say the thread discussing that would be incredibly toxic

Reactions: fahad203

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I guess I find it to be a bit of a bad look but ultimately doesn't matter, you're right. I just remember there was one game last year where our GDT wasn't even posted until like 6:30 pm lol.

There was an update made to the GDT rule, which clarifies things a little better...

Reactions: Rob Brown

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We need Mo to start generating some offence from the back end.

every time i saw a defender whip a pass into Boston skates i immediately knew it was Mo. Hel hit his playoff gear eventually

I think any goal that will come from the D will likely be from McCabe or Edmundson. They are they only two that really shoot on ES.

Rielly knows better of this system and how it runs, he really tries to drive and find an open forward.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Bro if he was lounging on the beach too much in Florida and got sunburnt so bad he couldn't have gear on and contact would be insanely painful... Well let's say the thread discussing that would be incredibly toxic
Marion Hossa got away with it

I think any goal that will come from the D will likely be from McCabe or Edmundson. They are they only two that really shoot on ES.

Rielly knows better of this system and how it runs, he really tries to drive and find an open forward.
a goal from Eddy would be cherry on top of the cake lol i dont expect much from him

Reactions: Al14 and fahad203

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Nylander plays tonight - great.

If not he gets an extra couple days off with the gap between game 3 and 4. Not the worst thing in the world if rest is something he needs a little more of.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
If Nylander plays tonight - great.

If not he gets an extra couple days off with the gap between game 3 and 4. Not the worst thing in the world if rest is something he needs a little more of.
Being up 2-1 with the series lead with a few days off WITHOUT Nylander playing would be huge... Team hasn't had it's 2nd best player all series, while our 3rd best player is still asleep.

Toronto is in a good spot, still think the team has a lot of room to be better, like I previously mentioned.

Reactions: robertmac43

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Was Matthews banged up or this is just a random question he answered?

There are like 10 guys in the league who are.

That is why he is useful playing the way he is, but as a pure enforcer, he is useless.
no Idea, just glad Auston is good to go, im skeptical on Willy though, doubt he goes tonight, but who knows everything is so tight lipped in the playoffs

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Was Matthews banged up or this is just a random question he answered?

There are like 10 guys in the league who are.

That is why he is useful playing the way he is, but as a pure enforcer, he is useless.
It was reported on TSN that Matthews wasn't on the ice this morning.

Reactions: notbias

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Being up 2-1 with the series lead with a few days off WITHOUT Nylander playing would be huge... Team hasn't had it's 2nd best player all series, while our 3rd best player is still asleep.

Toronto is in a good spot, still think the team has a lot of room to be better, like I previously mentioned.
100% agree. It would be an ideal spot.

If Marner grows into the series and gets to the level of play we see in the regular season we will be fine. Add Nylander to the mix and I will be feeling really good about our prospects in this series.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
no Idea, just glad Auston is good to go, im skeptical on Willy though, doubt he goes tonight, but who knows everything is so tight lipped in the playoffs
They just wanted to give him some rest, Since they couldn't really do it before the playoffs because he was chasing 70 goals.

Reactions: Cleetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad