Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Game 3 - 7pm - Series tied 1 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Pretty simple: Leafs need to win both at home at go back to Boston for game 5 with a chance to finish it.

We've all seen this group play great hockey when they really want to/need to, it's the rest of the time that's the concern. So I just hope they find a way to keep up the intensity so that us long-suffering Leafs fans can at the very least enjoy the pure joy of sending the Bruins home early.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I know it's about the ratings, and I agree. There is a special charm to Saturday nights too. But we know the ratings and following would be there regardless of when the Leafs play.

I'd have the same gripe too if the series was lined up for a Sunday game and they threw it on at 12:30 pm to appease the U.S. TV market.
Its more for US market. Grab more casuals. This was right call.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Do think Samsonov was watching the two Florida teams play and watched those great saves by both Russian goalies and got inspired for tonight’s game?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Pretty simple: Leafs need to win both at home at go back to Boston for game 5 with a chance to finish it.

We've all seen this group play great hockey when they really want to/need to, it's the rest of the time that's the concern. So I just hope they find a way to keep up the intensity so that us long-suffering Leafs fans can at the very least enjoy the pure joy of sending the Bruins home early.

This team has been through so many game 7s... it's hard not to see any other outcome.

Reactions: kevsh

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
He's coaching for his life. Looks like he's a little worried.
JM post game
the-boys-homelander.gif

Last edited:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

Luckily no one is left from that 2013 disaster.

Putting JVR in though wreaks of desperation. I'm sure he'll score.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
In his defence if it was the other way around a lot of us would be bitching about it too lol

I’m not sure we would. Really has nothing to do with anyone other than the players and staff. Doesn’t provide any kind of competitive advantage so very doubtful any us would care.

It’s a pretty dumb thing to whine about either way. Home team garauntees you games 1, 2 and 5 and 7 if needed in your building, nothing more

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

He will probably score on PP since our PK is junk. That being said any time he gets at 5v5 we need to take advantage of and abuse the f*** out of him because he sucks defensively.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

They want some more offense through their lineup, and he's been fairly productive in a limited role there throughout the season, especially on the powerplay. I would expect a more tightly called game tonight than in game 2 - more powerplays.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They want some more offense through their lineup, and he's been fairly productive in a limited role there throughout the season, especially on the powerplay. I would expect a more tightly called game tonight than in game 2 - more powerplays.
They have to stay out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad