GDT: Bruins@Leafs 3PM CBC/SN Round1 Game6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
It was pretty clear who the better team was if you take away the penalties.

Need to stay out of the box and not make any reckless physical plays that the refs can use against us.

The penalties were fair except the Dermott trip he pivoted and Debrusk tripped over him

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Leafs are unbelievably good at ES and they turned up to play today. Came out gunning hard and then the refs started calling penalties and our f***ing special teams came on. 0/2 on the PP, 0/2 on the PK. We can hang wiht anyone in the league and are a cup quality team at evens, but our special teams are atrocious. This series could be locked up if we could kill penalties or didn't suck our own momentum away with shit powerplays.

Freddy is standing on his head today and the boys have turned up to play, so I still think we're winning today, but we gotta stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Special teams need to get going real quick if we want to keep playing spring hockey.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
It was pretty clear who the better team was if you take away the penalties.

Need to stay out of the box and not make any reckless physical plays that the refs can use against us.
No it really isn’t. Leafs started hot for the first 8-9 mins of the period and Boston took over from there. 5 on 5 and on the PP.

Freddy is saving our asses, this team needs to wake up in the second

Reactions: LastOne2100

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Andy made some nice saves... but he can't let that second one in... and their penalty kill has been awful. Stay out of the f***ing box.

I hope the Refs put away the whistle. Leafs are the better 5 on 5 team. Their special teams suck in this game so far.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Mike Babcock should not be in charge of coaching during the PP.

Babcock takes off our PP Unit after 40 seconds. What does Cassidy do? He keeps on his PP Unit for a full 2 minutees.

Who has the better PP? Cassidy.

Whose the f***ing idiot? Babcock.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Leafs have two PP's in the first period and both times the #1 unit gets pulled off the ice with only playing 1 minute of it or less.

Boston gets two PP's that period.

First one whistle gets blown around 55 second mark of it but they leave out top unit and score. If that was us, Babcock would have definitely made a line change.

I'm sorry but in big games like this you cant give up edges like that if you want to beat good teams.
Great post. If the Leafs lose this is on Babcock. Puts the 4th line after a goal instead of putting the hammer down with the first line. Then doesn’t play his #1 pp unit more than a minute. Sucked the momentum out of the Leafs.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
The Leafs were dominating the game till the refs started calling penalty after penalty and I guess the Leafs coaches thought that even though the Leafs have struggled on the PP for 3/4 of the season they would just miraculously turn it around if they keep trying the same shit in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad