Bruins invited Ville Leino to training camp/Matt Fraser signed (1yr, two way)

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I wasn't aware the Spooner and Koko's invites to camp got rescinded when Gagne and Leino got their invites.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It isn't that he won't give a young guy a shot if he deserves it, but I don't really care if Gagne or Leino deserve it just as much, I'd rather see the young guy get the shot.

You know that if Koko and Leino both absolutely tear up TC, then Leino will be getting the spot while Koko goes to play against mediocre competition.

As of now, there is three forwards open spots. If Leino and Koko both absolutely tear up TC, they both will be in Boston. Plus one more...

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Remember the **** I took for giving Chiarelli a B- for the last couple seasons, that could start to drop even further real quick. Ville ******* Leino. Going to go throw up now.

(yes I know it is only a try out, but could they please offer a try out for somebody to replace Thornton? PLEASE)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mikael Renberg can't be far behind- Swedish and a RW but the requisite left shot. Merlot line replaced by the Orange (Claude's) Crush with Leino-Gagne-Renberg

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
claudekfc.png

That Matt Fraser sitting directly in front of Julien, i think so? :)

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
If another team invited Gagne/Leino, signed them to a vet minimum deal, and they produced respectable numbers, people would be destroying Chiarelli for not giving them a chance. Facts are that due to Chiarelli's cap mismanagement + overloading on last year's team with the Iginla deal and failing, these are the kinds of players they have to give a shot to and hope they get lucky.

Years of having to vastly overpay for veteran role players instead of drafting and developing their own dirt cheap ones (Zac Rinaldo, Lance Bouma, Matt Martin, etc.) has forced them into this. Hopefully that's beginning to change with the likes of Justin Florek, Matt Lindblad, Jared Knight and Anthony Camara.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
For all the guys that hate enforcers on here, John Scott had more goals than Ville Leino last year. So did, Tom Sestito, Rich Clune, Luke Gazdic, Ryan Reaves, Patrick Bordeleau, Brian McGratton, Tim Jackman, Daniel Carcillo, Mike Brown, Eric Boulton and B.J. Crombeen.

I'm sure if any of them get invites or traded for you'll all be on board.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Who was he riding shotgun with in that year he scored 19 7 14 21 in Philly's Cup run?

Kranium

Mar 9, 2014
Arvika, Sweden
Leino now, Gagne earlier. Can we even give the kids a freaking chance to make it instead of filling up the camp with retreads and reclamation projects? Such a colossal waste of time and space.

Well, if the kids cant push a couple of retreads of the roster...then i guess they belong in ahl until they can. Dont you think so? Competition is healthy..

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If another team invited Gagne/Leino, signed them to a vet minimum deal, and they produced respectable numbers, people would be destroying Chiarelli for not giving them a chance. Facts are that due to Chiarelli's cap mismanagement + overloading on last year's team with the Iginla deal and failing, these are the kinds of players they have to give a shot to and hope they get lucky.

Years of having to vastly overpay for veteran role players instead of drafting and developing their own dirt cheap ones (Zac Rinaldo, Lance Bouma, Matt Martin, etc.) has forced them into this. Hopefully that's beginning to change with the likes of Justin Florek, Matt Lindblad, Jared Knight and Anthony Camara.

I agree with mostly everything you say here. Sucks, but it's true.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well, if the kids cant push a couple of retreads of the roster...then i guess they belong in ahl until they can. Dont you think so? Competition is healthy..

Competition is fine, but it comes down to reps. How many chances to be seen is a kid realistically going to get when they crowd the camp with reclamation projects? It does nothing but muddy the waters, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad