Bruins invited Ville Leino to training camp/Matt Fraser signed (1yr, two way)

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The team is in win now mode? Then PC must have gone out at last years deadline and brought in something significant to bolster their cup run. Or they must not have let their first line winger go and plan on replacing him with a guy who's been off for two years now, right? Or if they were in win now mode, they certainly didn't leverage last year at the expense of this year's cap to slide bonus pay from last year to today's cap, all for a guy who isn't even on the roster, which ultimately leaves them in cap jail now, right?

The net net is that while you say they're in win now mode, the actions of the front office don't necessarily agree with your statement.

Don't worry, everything is awesome. No critical analysis allowed. Vile Leino is the missing piece, get the duck boats ready:laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Maybe he makes good s'mores. Very underrated skill to have during summer camp.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Don't worry, everything is awesome. No critical analysis allowed. Vile Leino is the missing piece, get the duck boats ready:laugh:

This place is ****ing crazy town. One guy saying Leino was a monster in the playoffs 5 years ago, like that matters? Hell, I could do a great finger painting back in kindergarten, but that doesn't mean I have a clue about that now, does it? :laugh:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
only a matter of time until I get an invite. I led my mens league team in goals.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
At this point as long as the guys we bring in have good wheels and have some offensive talent, why not have a look. The problem with Fraser is that he is a step slow, Bruins can't afford to bring anymore of these types on board unless they are exceptional in every other category, bring on the speed and skill.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
This place is ****ing crazy town. One guy saying Leino was a monster in the playoffs 5 years ago, like that matters? Hell, I could do a great finger painting back in kindergarten, but that doesn't mean I have a clue about that now, does it? :laugh:

I was worried about the holes, the salary cap problem etc...but the thought of watching Vile Leino skate really fast put me in my happy place:laugh:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

I'm telling you. It's just like Major League.

"He was an All Star in Boston."

"I wish we had him two years ago."

"We did."

"Four years ago, then."

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The team is in win now mode? Then PC must have gone out at last years deadline and brought in something significant to bolster their cup run. Or they must not have let their first line winger go and plan on replacing him with a guy who's been off for two years now, right? Or if they were in win now mode, they certainly didn't leverage last year at the expense of this year's cap to slide bonus pay from last year to today's cap, all for a guy who isn't even on the roster, which ultimately leaves them in cap jail now, right?

The net net is that while you say they're in win now mode, the actions of the front office don't necessarily agree with your statement.

what are you talking about? The bolded is the very definition of a "win now" type of move.

And there was no replacing Seidenberg at the deadline. It just wasn't going to happen without creating a hole at another position. I wish people would stop harping on that without offering a realistic alternate scenario

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
He's done nothing, and I don't have an issue with it being a two way deal. I just found them saying it specifically to be interesting.

When do they not announce a 2-way deal as a 2-way deal? Doesn't mean much other than he makes less in the A than in the bigs.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I always thought that Leino was one of the best Flyers skaters back then when playing against us.

Didn't see him play a lot with the Sabres but no doubt it didn't ended up well with all his injuries and likely sub-par play in relation of the big contract he signed.

No risk inviting him tough. Just like Gagne or anyone. If none of the rookies steps up or if they show they are worthy of a contract and a better option at low cost, then so be it.

Will certainly be an interesting camp for sure with the eventual trades that Chiarelli has to make to get cap compliant and the at least 3 open forwards roster spots.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Who was the last guy to get a PTO and actually make the team?

i

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Leino now, Gagne earlier. Can we even give the kids a freaking chance to make it instead of filling up the camp with retreads and reclamation projects? Such a colossal waste of time and space.

I think I missed the part where Gagne and Leino were signed to contracts and the rookies won't have the chance to fill one of the 3 open roster spots...

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
My take on this is if the kids are ready they will get their chance to play. Having guys in camp pushing everyone is never a bad idea. I don't like the idea of giving the kids a chance if they don't earn it. Put it this way, if Ville Leino makes the team then the kids are not what we think they are right?

That's pretty much my take away. If the kids give the bruins a better chance to win they'll be on the team if they aren't as good ... Well it'll give the chiarelli sucks at drafting threads more life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad