Bruins Interested In Undrafted player: Justin Brazeau

BruinsNetwork

Definitely don't see the fit there for the player, but good move by Toronto to get him signed regardless. Felt Boston would have been a good fit for him and his development, but nonetheless his decision has been made and it wasn't Boston.

Reactions: JCRO

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Definitely don't see the fit there for the player, but good move by Toronto to get him signed regardless. Felt Boston would have been a good fit for him and his development, but nonetheless his decision has been made and it wasn't Boston.

My understanding is it's a two year AHL deal that starts this season, so after next year, he could sign an NHL deal with anyone he chooses.

The Marlies were the closest team to home (although it's still a 5 hour drive north). Maybe all he got offered were AHL prove yourself deals and if that's the case, he wanted to stay as close to home as possible.

I don't think anyone reported he was offered NHL deals (that are always two-way deals for ELC).

Reactions: JCRO

Domenic Pazzia

Mar 30, 2019
My understanding is it's a two year AHL deal that starts this season, so after next year, he could sign an NHL deal with anyone he chooses.

The Marlies were the closest team to home (although it's still a 5 hour drive north). Maybe all he got offered were AHL prove yourself deals and if that's the case, he wanted to stay as close to home as possible.

I don't think anyone reported he was offered NHL deals (that are always two-way deals for ELC).

So he can't sign and NHL contract until that AHL contract is up correct? Like the Bruins cant come in after his few games he plays this year and offer him a contract with them?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Let me translate.

The Leafs plan on sending him to the Paul Vincent’s Power Skating School and converting him to a defenseman, considering their lack of an organizational depth at that position.:sarcasm:
Funny and maybe they will grab a small deeman and convert him to forward.

Sucks the Leafs got him and I pointed out earlier the Leafs have the power skating skills guy I was talking about that could help him - Darryl Belfry.

Reactions: TCB

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Well it makes sense. On a team with no depth at D it betters the chance of playing in the NHL. If you sign with a team like the B's you've got a much harder path to follow.

Not joking at all. All of what you say is true, the big problem for players like him is the speed of game when you go pro. Hey, I'm all for it , especially with the lack of depth at RW the Bruins have. All I'm saying is I'm not getting a woody over this one.

Also , in the past when multiple teams are in pursuit of a player somehow he never chooses the Bruins.

You even confused yourself from an earlier post where you knew he was a RW, that's a double double. You were right about a player the team pursues that once again looks elsewhere.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not joking at all. All of what you say is true, the big problem for players like him is the speed of game when you go pro. Hey, I'm all for it , especially with the lack of depth at RW the Bruins have. All I'm saying is I'm not getting a woody over this one.

Also , in the past when multiple teams are in pursuit of a player somehow he never chooses the Bruins.

have you not been paying attention?

from torey krug and kevan miller
to noel accari and Karson kuhlman
and others im not smart enough to remember right now

weve done very ok signing the college ufa

I guess thats how we got blake wheeler too... have any of them turned out better than he?

one thing we cant complain about is our success signing kids out of college

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
have you not been paying attention?

from torey krug and kevan miller
to noel accari and Karson kuhlman
and others im not smart enough to remember right now

weve done very ok signing the college ufa

I guess thats how we got blake wheeler too... have any of them turned out better than he?

one thing we cant complain about is our success signing kids out of college

I have no idea how I came to the conclusion he played D but like I said before I'm on vacation and am a little distracted.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

considering some of the turds that currently have NHL deals, it's surprising that literally no team offered him
one. sure his skating seems to need work but that work ethic and drive tell me he's gonna be heard from at
some point. hopefully not with the leafs.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
personally, id like to see more activity and success raiding Europe for some of their ufa

I mean I guess we were right in on kovalchuk… and maybe back in the day we picked up a couple swedes... but theres quite a few very talented euros that end up signing over here and I never ever hear we were in the running for almost any of them

im not sure we need any this year as we are a fairly loaded roster with several drafted kids chomping at the bits for an opportunity to play... but once we rebuild in a couple years id like to be in on the next pannarin that could be hiding in russia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad