Bruins Interested In Undrafted player: Justin Brazeau

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He's 6'6'' a right shot RW and 21 years old. The Bruins are one of several teams that he's talking to.
"The 21-year-old winger amassed 61 goals and 113 points in 68 OHL regular-season games in 2018-19."

Report: OHLer Brazeau drawing interest from at least 5 NHL teams

Justin Brazeau Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
pdisplay.php

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What I'm wondering is this: If he's that good, and an NHL team signs him, can he play in this years playoffs?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Nice numbers but he is an overager, still worth a gamble for a contract. Nice size, not sure how physical he is but someone who has seen him providing some feedback would be nice.

Agree if he is another invisible 6'5 guy who is as soft as Hayes no need to go after him.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Nice numbers but he is an overager, still worth a gamble for a contract. Nice size, not sure how physical he is but someone who has seen him providing some feedback would be nice.

Agree if he is another invisible 6'5 guy who is as soft as Hayes no need to go after him.

OHL, Dom?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So he's a big fella with hands,plays a responsible 2 way game and was passed over in 2 drafts, Boston seems to favor signing College FA defensemen over forwards,signing him makes sense but...
4 contracts left till 50,with Steen,Bukac and Pare still unsigned,Steen is a priority, I think Bukac has done enough to get an entry deal, I'm on the fence with Pare,admittedly haven't watched him in quite some time but usually I'm sign first evaluate later
Should have moved Gabrielle at the deadline to open up another spot!
This is a tough one,someone on the Providence board suggested they burn a year off of his ELC,is he that good to warrant that?

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
So he's a big fella with hands,plays a responsible 2 way game and was passed over in 2 drafts, Boston seems to favor signing College FA defensemen over forwards,signing him makes sense but...
4 contracts left till 50,with Steen,Bukac and Pare still unsigned,Steen is a priority, I think Bukac has done enough to get an entry deal, I'm on the fence with Pare,admittedly haven't watched him in quite some time but usually I'm sign first evaluate later
This is a tough one,someone on the Providence board suggested they burn a year off of his ELC,is he that good to warrant that?
Not a fan of Pare and honestly would trade him for a 7th rd pick or just let him walk.

BruinsNetwork

I’m sure they could figure out the contract situation if they needed to, but I don’t think it would be an issue. With that being said, I’d take a chance on Brazeau over both Bukac and Pare if it came down to one or another. I’m not as high on those two as others are.

Side note, I had this reported hours before Dreger mentioned it. Not bragging or gloating, but just saying that’s quite a pretty cool feeling.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Definitely dont mind seeing them taking a shot on this kid.

But I'm skeptical of overagers with padded stats. I have not seen the kid play and have nothing to offer on that.

But lets temper expectations here.

Could easily be another Yannick Riendeau

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Definitely dont mind seeing them taking a shot on this kid.

But I'm skeptical of overagers with padded stats. I have not seen the kid play and have nothing to offer on that.

But lets temper expectations here.

Could easily be another Yannick Riendeau

I too ask if there are red flags one would need to be aware of with over agers. Not that everyone of them has a glaring issue, scouts miss things, some may have seen him play a year ago or more and just never wavered from their opinions but I trust Dom here, said there`s little not to like about the kid, his post about him is in the PB`s thread

I`d have no issues bringing him on board but with the understanding that I shouldn`t look to him as being the next top prospect in the organization

As far as padding stats as an over ageplayer, I`ll take that rather than him being an overager with soft numbers

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I’m sure they could figure out the contract situation if they needed to, but I don’t think it would be an issue. With that being said, I’d take a chance on Brazeau over both Bukac and Pare if it came down to one or another. I’m not as high on those two as others are.

Side note, I had this reported hours before Dreger mentioned it. Not bragging or gloating, but just saying that’s quite a pretty cool feeling.
Take another victory lap brother!
You've been bringing it!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad