Rumor: Bruins interested in J.G. Pageau

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I have seen Pageau make contact on the ice with someone before. So in that he’s ahead of Spooner. He is however absolutely undersized and not what the Bruins need to be adding to a forward group already bereft of guys who can have a physical effect on a game.

Especially in the playoffs.

Undersized =/= soft

Pageau is one of the most "hard-nosed" players on the Senators and absolutely has a physical effect on the game.

Reactions: wintersej

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The Bruins have plenty of prospects and I think if Ottawa is looking for prospects there could be a deal. I can't figure out the Senators so I'm not going to try, I'll just watch and see what happens.
They use to like Pageau, so I doubt he will come dirt cheap.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nash earned some term the Bruins can't give. Someone will. I am sure at this point in his career term would be nice. JP's term lines up nicely. But, don't see how it makes sense with Backes still on the roster. JP playing #3C but being able to move over to RW if/when JFK/Frederic/Donato take that spot makes sense, but then where does Backes go. I reckon JP could move to 4th line, but thats a lot of money in bottom 6.
Does Nask injury in playoffs concern Bruins?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I have seen Pageau make contact on the ice with someone before. So in that he’s ahead of Spooner. He is however absolutely undersized and not what the Bruins need to be adding to a forward group already bereft of guys who can have a physical effect on a game.

Its ok to be undersized as long as you are not soft.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Totally wrong assessment of this player lol

But it doesn't matter, Boston can want Pageau all they want, he's not going anywhere.

Wait. JG Pageau is off limits? Sens are in more trouble than I thought. Why would a team in the position Ottawa is in care about a player with 2 more years of term who will be 29 when he starts his next contract?

Reactions: Son of Donegal

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Wait. JG Pageau is off limits? Sens are in more trouble than I thought. Why would a team in the position Ottawa is in care about a player with 2 more years of term who will be 29 when he starts his next contract?

Why would we trade everybody? Karlsson may go - and if he does, who knows what'll happen, but this isn't the free for all people think it is lol. And why is he off limits? Because he's a good player on a good contract that'll likely see some spot duty on the 2nd line this year, a warrior, a guy who hits like he's 6'4", all the things people should know before assessing his value IMO.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Why would we trade everybody? Karlsson may go - and if he does, who knows what'll happen, but this isn't the free for all people think it is lol. And why is he off limits? Because he's a good player on a good contract that'll likely see some spot duty on the 2nd line this year, a warrior, a guy who hits like he's 6'4", all the things people should know before assessing his value IMO.

Why trade everybody? It all depends on what Melnyk and Dorion see as their plan for 18-19 and the upcoming draft.

If OTT keeps the #4 overall pick in this year's draft, I think it will signify Melnyck/Dorion's plan to compete in 2018-19. They would be hedging their bets that they will NOT be a basement team in 18-19 and that the #4 overall pick in 2018 will be a better pick than what they end up with in 2019.

But, if they decide to relinquish the #4 to COL this year...it is a pretty clear sign that they want to tank and maximize their chances of nabbing Jack Hughes next year. If that is the case, OTT will "trade everybody."

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Why trade everybody? It all depends on what Melnyk and Dorion see as their plan for 18-19 and the upcoming draft.

If OTT keeps the #4 overall pick in this year's draft, I think it will signify Melnyck/Dorion's plan to compete in 2018-19. They would be hedging their bets that they will NOT be a basement team in 18-19 and that the #4 overall pick in 2018 will be a better pick than what they end up with in 2019.

But, if they decide to relinquish the #4 to COL this year...it is a pretty clear sign that they want to tank and maximize their chances of nabbing Jack Hughes next year. If that is the case, OTT will "trade everybody."

I can all but guarantee that won't happen. They'll do their part to sign Karlsson, Duchene and Stone and keep the 4th OV this year.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Im not a sens fan so I don't care what they do. Hoffman value to the sens was inexistant so they got to get rid of him. But if Pageau would be a great 3C to the Bruins..imagine what he is to the sens

He's their second line center, and an absolute rockstar on the east side of the river.

Senators shouldn't give him up for anything short of a massive overpayment . . . but with Dorien and Melnyk who the f*** knows anymore.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Pageau is more physical than any forward on the Bruins besides Backes.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Super. Keep him there. Forever.

Absolutely. He is part of the solution, not part of the problem (i.e. Melnyk and his stooges) for the Sens moving forward. Versatile and gritty two-way centre who is clutch. A local boy on a great contract who can play up and down the lineup, and is a great locker room guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad