Rumor: Bruins interested in J.G. Pageau

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Couple options
Pageau for Urho Vaakanainen

Pageau for Forsbacka-Karlsson + ?

Pageau for 2019 1st + 2020 2nd (conditional based on performance)

But since were dealing with Dumbrion here you can have him for your 2019 2nd + cap dump (Holden or someone else)

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
So the sens are trading EVERYBODY

I have thought for a while that the Sens will probably trade two, mayyyybe 3 of: Hoffman (traded), Smith, Pageau, Dzingel.

Hoffman has been traded and of the remaining 3, I think Smith is the guy they'd most like to move, and if there is interest in him at a reasonable price the Sens would probably be wise to move on it. On the other hand, Dzingel and Pageau might have quite a bit of value right now. Dzingel is the final year of a 1.8AAV contract and is super quick and fresh off a 23 goal season. Pageau has two years left at 3.1mil and is pretty much the ideal 3C, with a great all-around game and playoff track record. If the Sens get an offer involving a 1st or high 2nd, they might need to listen (especially in regards to Dzingel).

All that said, I think Pageau could be moved but he is also one of the least likely guys to be moved from our team. No non-ELC player is safe, so to speak, but it would take a real hefty package to land Pageau right now. He will hold a pretty significant amount of value for at least the next year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have thought for a while that the Sens will probably trade two, mayyyybe 3 of: Hoffman (traded), Smith, Pageau, Dzingel.

Hoffman has been traded and of the remaining 3, I think Smith is the guy they'd most like to move, and if there is interest in him at a reasonable price the Sens would probably be wise to move on it. On the other hand, Dzingel and Pageau might have quite a bit of value right now. Dzingel is the final year of a 1.8AAV contract and is super quick and fresh off a 23 goal season. Pageau has two years left at 3.1mil and is pretty much the ideal 3C, with a great all-around game and playoff track record. If the Sens get an offer involving a 1st or high 2nd, they might need to listen (especially in regards to Dzingel).

All that said, I think Pageau could be moved but he is also one of the least likely guys to be moved from our team. No non-ELC player is safe, so to speak, but it would take a real hefty package to land Pageau right now. He will hold a pretty significant amount of value for at least the next year.

You forget Karlsson is going too

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Couple options

Pageau for Forsbacka-Karlsson + ?

But since were dealing with Dumbrion here you can have him for your 2019 2nd + cap dump (Holden or someone else)

Uh.....Wot? I like pageau but why would any team overpay like that for a 3rd line center? youre asking for some of our top prospects.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Couple options

Don't like it.

Pageau for Forsbacka-Karlsson?

This I wouldn't hate, although I'm not as high on JFK as most Bruins fans. I can see JFK turning into another Pageau in a few years, so this would be like trading future middle-6 center for a current middle-6 center that matches Bruins contending timeline better.

Seems a little steep, and it'd make sense for the Bruins to hold on to their 2019 1st so that they don't miss out on 1st round talent two years in a row.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Uh.....Wot? I like pageau but why would any team overpay like that for a 3rd line center? youre asking for some of our top prospects.

He's the Senators de-facto 2nd line center, home town fan favourite and Dorion's self-admitted favourite player. He's also signed to an extremely reasonable cap hit for his role.

I know it's topical to cramp on Dorion and the Sens, but Pageau is probably one of the last guys GMPD would consider moving and would only do it for an "overpayment". There's a handful of other players I'm sure you could get for scraps, but Pageau ain't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad