Rumor: Bruins interested in J.G. Pageau

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Didn't Dorion just mention he doesn't like trading players in division? Will likely require an overpayment.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Why don't they just re-sign Nash? He was pretty good last year, they were not the same team in playoffs after he went donw

Pageau is better than Nash. They are trying to get better would be my guess if this is true.

Nash had a career year and now he is going to be looking for a big raise and who can blame him? He's probably looking at the same kind of money as Pageau and who knows how much he can get as an UFA.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pageau is better than Nash. They are trying to get better would be my guess if this is true.

Nash had a career year and now he is going to be looking for a big raise and who can blame him? He's probably looking at the same kind of money as Pageau and who knows how much he can get as an UFA.
You going to have to give up a good asset to get Pageau also. I would stay with Nash, as money should be same or less

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
You going to have to give up a good asset to get Pageau also. I would stay with Nash, as money should be same or less

The Bruins have plenty of prospects and I think if Ottawa is looking for prospects there could be a deal. I can't figure out the Senators so I'm not going to try, I'll just watch and see what happens.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Nash earned some term the Bruins can't give. Someone will. I am sure at this point in his career term would be nice. JP's term lines up nicely. But, don't see how it makes sense with Backes still on the roster. JP playing #3C but being able to move over to RW if/when JFK/Frederic/Donato take that spot makes sense, but then where does Backes go. I reckon JP could move to 4th line, but thats a lot of money in bottom 6.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why don't they just re-sign Nash? He was pretty good last year, they were not the same team in playoffs after he went donw

Problem with Nash isn't so much AAV but term. He'll likely garner a 3-4 year deal from a team as a UFA, whereas Pageau is signed for 2 more years.

And Pageau is a better offensive player. Last year the 3rd line of Heinen-Nash-Backes was good for a stretch, but also went very cold for awhile.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Are you referring to Jean-Gabriel Pageau as "undersized centre who avoids contact"?
I have seen Pageau make contact on the ice with someone before. So in that he’s ahead of Spooner. He is however absolutely undersized and not what the Bruins need to be adding to a forward group already bereft of guys who can have a physical effect on a game.

Especially in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad