Bruins injury thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Here are the updates on the Bruins’ many injuries - The Boston Globe

David Backes, sewn up below his nose to the middle of his cheek, avoided serious injury when Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson’s skate caught him high on Tuesday.
The veteran forward, playful with his language, reported absorbing a “sharp apparatus near my moneymaker.”
“A few [stitches] inside, a few outside,” he said. “No worse for wear. Could have been a lot worse.”
Would any eventual scarring impact a modeling contract?
“That was voided shortly after birth, unfortunately,” Backes said. “Been married for 10 years; she still loves me. My daughter’s a little bit scared of it, but I told her it’ll heal in time.”
A few stitches inside where, exactly? :confused:

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Bergeron and Chara skating (not with group). Miller practicing (i believe with group), but in non-contact jersey and a neck guard. Also, DeBrusk and Kuraly not at practice.

edit: Kuraly is probable for tomorrow.
any updated news DeBrusk

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
any updated news DeBrusk

■ Second-line winger Jake DeBrusk, recovering from a concussion suffered when he was struck by a puck in the back of the head Nov. 26, arrived at Warrior Ice Arena “feeling better,” Cassidy said. “Less symptoms today, so going in the right direction, but still not on the ice.”
Before reporting his condition and entering the league’s concussion protocol, DeBrusk played four games. He is unlikely to return until next week, at the earliest.

Reactions: BMC and BiGBear8

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
After surgery to repair broken nose, Sean Kuraly set to return to Bruins - The Boston Globe

PITTSBURGH — Sean Kuraly, fresh off surgery to repair his broken nose, returned to work Friday night, sporting a full face shield that he’ll have to make part of his regular wardrobe during games and practices over the next 4-6 weeks.
“It definitely feels different,” said Kuraly, who shifted from his customary center spot to right wing for Friday’s night’s 5-3 loss to the Penguins.
“You feel like there’s a little bit of a shield between you and the game, kind of, but I think I’ll get used to it.”
Kuraly underwent surgery at the start of the week, the consequence of a fight Dec. 9 in Ottawa vs. Senators strong man Ben Harpur, who caught the 6-foot-2-inch, 210-pound Kuraly with a sharp uppercut during their tussle 6:51 through the second period.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Patrice Bergeron’s return may be an early Christmas gift for the Bruins - The Boston Globe

The Bruins have been anxiously checking the tracking number, awaiting the day that Black and Gold present lands on their doorstep.
Patrice Bergeron is almost here, all but certain to be under the tree by Christmas morning.
Coach Bruce Cassidy hoped Bergeron would rejoin the team Wednesday, their next scheduled practice day. If that goes well, and Bergeron is able to take bumps from teammates, he could return to game action in one of the tilts that follow: Anaheim on Thursday, Nashville on Saturday, and a road game at Carolina on Sunday, two days before Dec. 25.
The alternate captain skated at Warrior Ice Arena hours before the Bruins lost to the Sabres, 4-2, on Sunday night at TD Garden.

Reactions: weaponomega

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Got in a good argument with a couple of Bruins haters at mmm gym who could beat the Bruins healthy in a 7 game series

I had Tampa

Those two had Tampa Washington and maybe Calgary or the Ducks

Don’t see it~ stop the hate

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Got in a good argument with a couple of Bruins haters at mmm gym who could beat the Bruins healthy in a 7 game series

I had Tampa

Not Toronto? They took us to 7 games even when we limited Matthews to 2 pts.

Reactions: Sheppy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Way to soft although Tom Sestino the master of the high head hit could take out a few Bruins

Is it me or are their a shit load of high head hits these days

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Toronto could beat us, but they are nowhere near as tough as a Tampa or Wsh. If we fall behind 3 goals to 0 against toronto, I feel we can always comeback. The other two teams, if we fall behind 2-0, we dont have a chance.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I had Tampa

Washington will wipe the ice with Bruins unless Sweeney adds help in my opinion.

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara expected to return to Bruins practice Wednesday - The Boston Globe

MONTREAL — Patrice Bergeron and Zdeno Chara skated in Brighton on Monday, Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy told the Globe, and both are expected to return to practice Wednesday, following the club’s day off.

Assuming he is cleared for contact, Bergeron (rib/sternoclavicular) could play this weekend. Chara (left MCL) is slightly behind.

Kevan Miller (larynx) will not be cleared for contact until after the Christmas break, Cassidy said, but he continues to practice with the team at home.

Jake DeBrusk (concussion) is “feeling better,” but he has been off skates since reporting his condition Dec. 6 in Tampa. Cassidy did not anticipate he would skate Wednesday.

Reactions: sarge88

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I had Tampa

I'm pretty sure Holtby could play the Bruins by himself and still win a series against them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad