Post-Game Talk: Bruins in the SENS Den, today 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Do you even believe what you write at this point or is it just whatever is the most "troll-ish" you can think up?

I'm poking fun at the absurd over reactions. We have 3/4 points since losing Duchene/Ryan. We've cleaned up massively defensively. People calling for Boucher's head are the ones trolling.

Reactions: Cloud

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Without Ryan and Duchene, we have zero offense unless Stone's line goes into super-sayan mode, which they couldn't sustain through 6 periods in two days.

Even with Ryan and Duchene this team is really bad. We still looked better the one year we absolutely collapsed the second half of the year and got swept by Pittsburgh. We looked better during that collapse.

I’m actually shocked I’ve watched almost every single game this year. One of the worst teams we’ve iced since the expansion era.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
They're on the verge of being bottom THREE. They've got 3 games+ in hand over most of the teams below them. It's a matter of time.

We're not even bottom five if you count by %. We're one game under .500. You are factually wrong.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Even with Ryan and Duchene this team is really bad. We still looked better the one year we absolutely collapsed the second half of the year and got swept by Pittsburgh. We looked better during that collapse.

I’m actually shocked I’ve watched almost every single game this year. One of the worst teams we’ve iced since the expansion era.

I'm just saying, at least our offense is fun to watch with Duch and Bobby in there. But Stone's line can't perform when they're constantly matched against top D, so we essentially get shut down.

But yeah, of course we're terrible defensively one way or another. I'd say that Demelo and Jaros' absence tonight also had a major impact on the overall flow though.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm just saying, at least our offense is fun to watch with Duch and Bobby in there. But Stone's line can't perform when they're constantly matched against top D, so we essentially get shut down.

But yeah, of course we're terrible defensively one way or another. I'd say that Demelo and Jaros' absence tonight also had a major impact on the overall flow though.

You can call the offense fun to watch but I don’t find it that fun because it comes at the cost of awful defense and lax defensive play.

I just find our defensive play to be cringe worthy and a downright embarrassment to NHL caliber hockey.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm poking fun at the absurd over reactions. We have 3/4 points since losing Duchene/Ryan. We've cleaned up massively defensively. People calling for Boucher's head are the ones trolling.

The 1 point today wasn't due in any way whatsoever to Boucher. He had the good fortune of having a goalie who went Vezina mode. If Guy starts OT with say, Stone, Dzingel and Chabot, we might have two.

So we basically got a point despite his dumb decisions.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I’m pretty sure your opinion, while just an opinion, is wrong.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The 1 point today wasn't due in any way whatsoever to Boucher. He had the good fortune of having a goalie who went Vezina mode. If Guy starts OT with say, Stone, Dzingel and Chabot, we might have two.

So we basically got a point despite his dumb decisions.
That’s what good goaltending looks like.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Of course Dean and Gord give Zack Smith accolades for his game today even though he was a one man giveaway machine. Like, the other team automatically gets odd-man rushes every time he crashes into the o-zone along with a linemate or two, and then swiftly loses it and sends Boston on a 3v2.

I think they only look at how he sends the puck in and hits a guy hard, but forget how he takes both himself and usually a linemate out of the play right after.

Idiots.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You can call the offense fun to watch but I don’t find it that fun because it comes at the cost of awful defense and lax defensive play.

I just find our defensive play to be cringe worthy and a downright embarrassment to NHL caliber hockey.
It’s called youth and growing pains.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Of course Dean and Gord give Zack Smith accolades for his game today even though he was a one man giveaway machine. Like, the other team automatically gets odd-man rushes every time he crashes into the o-zone along with a linemate or two, and then swiftly loses it and sends Boston on a 3v2.

I think they only look at how he sends the puck in and hits a guy hard, but forget how he takes both himself and usually a linemate out of the play right after.

Idiots.
Smith played a good game today. He’s been okay the last little while. Either way he doesn’t make or break a team. It’s like bitching about the 3rd D pairing. It’s not overly impactful

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Smith played a good game today. He’s been okay the last little while. Either way he doesn’t make or break a team. It’s like *****ing about the 3rd D pairing. It’s not overly impactful

Actually, Smith's gotten the 2nd most icetime two nights in a row among forwards. So yes, his bad play can make or break the game. Especially when he starts in OT.

Edit: He wasn't 2nd in toi today, my bad. But he did almost get 19 minutes which is way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad