Post-Game Talk: Bruins in the SENS Den, today 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes, Smith has been good compared to last season. But a drunk midget with one good eye also would look good compared to Smith's last season.

Dzingle has been bad lately. He was never good defensively but he's not engaging as much lately and has not used his speed as much. Not sure what's up. Maybe he's just trying to not get hurt and rack up points, but it's frustrating.

I got to give it to McKenna though. What a performance today. Bravo.

This narritive some of you are pushing that seems to have picked up steam around here but literally no where else is a true indication at whats wrong with these boards. Just because he is going to get traded and you want to justify it for some strange reason doesnt mean its a fact. I just dont know how you can watch last nights game and come to this conclusion. Dzingel was battling with Marchand all night... Not engaging physically? What game were you watching. He was one of if not the best senator on the ice after Mckenna.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This just shows how misleading stats can be. We all thought Duchene Dzingel batherson was a great line.
So you are going with some advanced stats chart over actually producing and scoring real goals to determine if the line was good? If anything the only thing that is misleading is the advanced stats. That line has a high hockey iq and finishing ability. You dont win hockey games because of how many shots you have.... Its how many goals. They score lots of them....

I actually feel like a crazy person for even having this argument. Reality has lost this senators form.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If you cant tell that was Whites fault i dont know what to tell you.

Seems to me like Krug set a pick on White to give Krejci some room, White didn't release and take Krug and have Dzingel take Krejci. Teams typically play man in 3 on 3, but it that scenario I think you have to switch, and Dzingel probably thought that White was going to, so he was late getting over to Krug after the pick.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes, Smith has been good compared to last season. But a drunk midget with one good eye also would look good compared to Smith's last season.

Dzingle has been bad lately. He was never good defensively but he's not engaging as much lately and has not used his speed as much. Not sure what's up. Maybe he's just trying to not get hurt and rack up points, but it's frustrating.

I got to give it to McKenna though. What a performance today. Bravo.
what the......
he was literally bullying Marchand at times last night lmfao

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
dude our roster sucks

With the injuries its even worse. Smith is gonna get mins
why the f*** those minutes though?

our roster doesn't suck it was out togethere by the guy who was up for GM of the year just two years ago

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Great game, last two games were highly enjoyable.

If we could get Condon back to form, or if McKenna somehow can continue to relieve Anderson every once in a while and play like he did last night, then I like our chances a little more of one of those crazy comeback seasons we are all so akin to.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
So you are going with some advanced stats chart over actually producing and scoring real goals to determine if the line was good? If anything the only thing that is misleading is the advanced stats. That line has a high hockey iq and finishing ability. You dont win hockey games because of how many shots you have.... Its how many goals. They score lots of them....

I actually feel like a crazy person for even having this argument. Reality has lost this senators form.
I’m not sure if you meant to reply to me, because I agree with everything you said . Shot stats are misleading

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Our roster does not suck, hokay.

I listened to flippin leafs fans/media/buttheads all summer say how bad the sens are, no depth, no grit, no skill.

Then we come out and go 1st in the league in offence, fights every other game. penalties galore, first goals, highest scoring rookies in the league. There is nothing but potential here, we just need to mature as a team and we will be perennial playoff team just like years ago with the man himself Daniel "holds onto the puck and lever lets it go" Alfredsson.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Guy Boucher stated the OT with Smith, and Ceci on the ice. Ceci proceeded to stay on the ice for well over a minute as well. That is where the game was lost. Period.

Every 3V3 OT should start with Chabot, I can't even believe that a guy who gets paid lots of money to coach a sport plays matchups in 3v3 OT. This alone is a fireable offence.

There is zero reason to play "not to lose" with a young, rebuilding team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Guy Boucher stated the OT with Smith, and Ceci on the ice. Ceci proceeded to stay on the ice for well over a minute as well. That is where the game was lost. Period.

Every 3V3 OT should start with Chabot, I can't even believe that a guy who gets paid lots of money to coach a sport plays matchups in 3v3 OT. This alone is a fireable offence.
He’s been doing this since his first season. Starting the OT with two d men sometimes. It’s hilarious and every other coach is just like “k....sweet....?”

Reactions: Alex1234

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
From what I heard, Boston had the puck far too much....We cant get outpossessed that badly at home,and expect our goalies to stop 40 plus shots and win enough to stay in the race for long

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Blackhawks had 8 PPs last night and Montreal still only gave up 39 SOG
Yeah i heard part of that game too,so many high sticking calls on MTL ....Chicago seems like they know how to keep possession on the PP but cant seem to figure out when to take a shot...Debrincat,Toews and Kane,are very skillful but seem to be very much perimeter players

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If you cant tell that was Whites fault i dont know what to tell you.
Not sure about that. Krejci was White's man. He made the play and White didn't block the pass if that's what you mean. Krug was left wide open.. Its man to man in 3 on 3. Someone lost Krug. Dzingel had him initially and let him go. Its clear on the replay.

Reactions: coladin

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Our roster does not suck, hokay.

I listened to flippin leafs fans/media/buttheads all summer say how bad the sens are, no depth, no grit, no skill.

Then we come out and go 1st in the league in offence, fights every other game. penalties galore, first goals, highest scoring rookies in the league. There is nothing but potential here, we just need to mature as a team and we will be perennial playoff team just like years ago with the man himself Daniel "holds onto the puck and lever lets it go" Alfredsson.
We need another elite player . Our roster isn't terrible but where they are in their current development ie Tkachuk and Batherson this roster is not that good

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Chlapik now in a boot. The injuries are brutal this year.

Watched the first Period of the B Sens/Marlies games yesterday, and not surprised that his foot in in boot, after blocking that shot, from point blank range!

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
4-2-1 in last 7 games.

No Ryan, Duchene, Demelo, Jaros . It was always going to be a tough game. Considering the slaughtering at the hands of the Bruins lately, 2-1 on a team that can't play defence is not the end of the world.

We are thin. Guys are learning on the job . It will pay dividends next year. White was a bust last year. He is on the cusp of being a super important player.

Chlapik now in a boot. The injuries are brutal this year.

Tkachuk isn't producing, but is playing well. Batherson is going to have to find a way to elevate without Duchene.

Falk has been good!

Don't exaggerate with White. He is good but that's it.
By playing competent defense Falk shows how bad the D really was.

Reactions: coladin

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Man did Harpur ever beat the wheels off of Kuraly...wow lmao

https://g.redditmedia.com/7w7f04ZVa...nted=false&s=b32f4a5e9acbb02025dccac3b0081f9e
7w7f04ZVa7C6dGibvesxrXArg56aPK-Gk0bP3S_CXXc.gif

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This narritive some of you are pushing that seems to have picked up steam around here but literally no where else is a true indication at whats wrong with these boards. Just because he is going to get traded and you want to justify it for some strange reason doesnt mean its a fact. I just dont know how you can watch last nights game and come to this conclusion. Dzingel was battling with Marchand all night... Not engaging physically? What game were you watching. He was one of if not the best senator on the ice after Mckenna.

There is no narrative. I like Dzingel. True, he was engaged physically against Marchand, but that has been an exception more than the rule lately. He was pretty lazy on the OT goal though. I hope he doesn't get traded and we re-sign him. I just find it funny that Hoffman used to get crucified for his lack of effort, yet Dzingel is as guilty of this and perhaps more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->