2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bought a pair of seats. 111 Row 15. Hope it's up high enough. $140ish each.

Not sure I'll be able to get off of work, but I figured I'd buy just in case.

Should be fine

upload_2018-8-15_14-40-48.png

Reactions: GabeTravels

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Chris Creamer says it's a brown B, not black. Could mean the Jersey and pants will be brown too, or could be like last WC and only the logo contains the brown.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Chris Creamer says it's a brown B, not black. Could mean the Jersey and pants will be brown too, or could be like last WC and only the logo contains the brown.

I had trouble telling if it was, but once I saw it side by side with Chicago's it started to look brown. That jersey was first brown, so it makes sense.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Northwest Indiana Commuter Rail (South Shore Line) has confirmed they will run at least 2 trains from Chicago and maybe a third and the South Bend bus system will provide shuttles from the train station to the stadium and back. They do it for all Notre Dame home games,

Free Shuttle Service For 2018 Notre Dame Home Games

They are looking at 7:30 and 8:00 AM departures from Chicago which is on Central Time - South Bend is Eastern Time The train is 2 1/2 hours....but the Indiana Toll Road would be 2 hours - It is very similar to driving from New Haven to Manhattan.

Online tickets will start on November 1at

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This isn't going to sell out is my bold prediction.

Blackhawks fans seem to be waiting to see if the team looks better this year and outdoor games are not a novelty for them, South Bend is 900 miles from Boston and has no direct air service. The venue is the second largest the NHL has ever used for an outdoor game. A sellout is very unlikely and they could be looking at 30,000 empty seats or more.

The timezone change from Chicago is something the NHL suits in New York didn't think through as when the clock strikes Midnight on New Year's Eve in the Central Time Zone, the game starts 12 hours later. The drive itself is like driving from Manhattan to New Haven on I-95 except there are no alternate parkways - you have to take the Indiana Toll Road.

The X factor is weather concerns - Lake and Porter Counties in Indiana can be like Buffalo with lake effect snow.

This could be an epic disaster for the NHL.

The Blackhawks board is yawning

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/winter-classic-at-notre-dame.2533921/

Last edited:

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Looking like my prediction back in April will be right, or close to it. I don't remember if i posted this here, but here is the concept i made, now updated with that logo...

vh7Q1jt.png
any chance you could change those blacks to the brown in the logo (or maybe a tad brighter brown so it's noticeable?)

otherwise fantastic. I'm throwing $200 at my screen but nothing is happening

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Hate this choice. The team promotes the " Black and Gold " this and " Black and Gold " that but decides hey let's wear brown for the second time in the Winter Classic. Should have gone with the 70's style or the 80's.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

don't know how legit this account is, but if this is the jersey I love it.

Hawks jerseys look like trash lol.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I'm just disappointed. Yes, I really wanted my concept and it looked like that's what it was going to be from the logo and the background they put it on. But this is taking two uniforms and swapping the logo from one to another. This jersey should have the arched wordmark and bear thing. I get they used it last time, so I guess I'd say don't use the jersey that only had that same logo.

I'm sure I'll like it well enough in the end but still bummed.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I'm just disappointed. Yes, I really wanted my concept and it looked like that's what it was going to be from the logo and the background they put it on. But this is taking two uniforms and swapping the logo from one to another. This jersey should have the arched wordmark and bear thing. I get they used it last time, so I guess I'd say don't use the jersey that only had that same logo.

I'm sure I'll like it well enough in the end but still bummed.

Yours looked better than the ones posted by Icethetics to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad