2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Looks like there are still PLENTY of seats available on TicketMaster for this..........be interesting to see if the NHL adjusts prices at all to move these quicker..........the novelty of these events is wearing off big time..........not surprising!

Reactions: Thrive

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but how are you doing?

Sling for 8 weeks. PT for minimum six months ahead. Pain sucks bad, not even just the incision, but they very obviously manhandled my shoulder while i was out cold. Been slamming oxys since Friday afternoon and they make me itchy as f***. Gonna try Benadryl tonight. I’m hanging in there, just trying to take it slow with this sling for now.

Reactions: caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The South Shore Line will accommodate a potential increase in ridership due to the Winter Classic hockey game taking place at 1p ET on Tuesday, Jan. 1 2019, at the University of Notre Dame Stadium.

On Jan. 1, the SSL will ensure increased capacity is available on eastbound Train 503 departing at 8:40 AM CT and an extra train will depart Chicago at 7:40 AM CT, and will also operate a westbound extra train following the concert’s end.

EASTBOUND
Extra arrives South Bend International Airport at 11:10 ET
Train 503 arrives South Bend International Airport at 12:10 ET

WESTBOUND
Extra departs South Bend International Airport 90 minutes after the game ends.
Train 508 departs South Bend International Airport at 5:45 ET
Train 510 departs South Bend International Airport at 10:16 ET

Upon arrival at the South Bend International Airport, passengers are advised that the Airport permits Uber and Lyft services, and offers three cab options for transport to Notre Dame Stadium: Modern Cab, Eagle Cab and United Cab.

Due to high demand, availability of either service may not be guaranteed and passengers are advised to make rideshare arrangements in advance.

MILLENNIUM STATION AT RANDOLPH ST.

Southwest corner of Randolph St. & Michigan Ave.
151 East Randolph Street, Chicago
(312) 782-0676

ssl-website-map.jpg

Amtrak-Logo.png

Depart South Station Boston 12/31/2018 12:50 PM
Arrive South Bend 1/1/2019 8:46 AM

Depart South Bend 1/2/2019 12:05 AM
Arrive South Station 1/2/2019 8:01 PM

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If any of you are going and want as much hockey as possible, BC is playing at Notre Dame the day before. Think it's a 5 PM start. Don't think that one is scheduled to be outdoors but still on the ND campus.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Wonder if it doesn't sell out what the NHL will do.

If it was in Chicago I'd be there for sure but the location is brutal...

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
So, my trip to Florida apparently is being cancelled, so all of the sudden, I might be able to go. This thread is making me not want to . haha. My son asked as he was too young for the first and I got a free ticket to the second. Not sure if I want to do it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Everything I am hearing from Chicago is this WC is looking like an attendance disaster as an 80,000 seat stadium is involved - second largest in WC history after Ann Arbor which was an easy sell with the Ontario border only 45 miles away.

If the game was at Wrigley Field, the White Sox park or Soldier Field it would sell out. South Bend is 95 miles from Chicago and there is a time zone change as well. For Boston fans the cheaper option is flying into Detroit and then renting a car and drive 203 miles to South Bend or fly into Midway and drive 100 miles. Blackhawks fans now know the team is going to a rebuild mode after firing Coach Q.

This could be an epic fail for the NHL

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Everything I am hearing from Chicago is this WC is looking like an attendance disaster as an 80,000 seat stadium is involved - second largest in WC history after Ann Arbor which was an easy sell with the Ontario border only 45 miles away.

If the game was at Wrigley Field, the White Sox park or Soldier Field it would sell out. South Bend is 95 miles from Chicago and there is a time zone change as well. For Boston fans the cheaper option is flying into Detroit and then renting a car and drive 203 miles to South Bend or fly into Midway and drive 100 miles. Blackhawks fans now know the team is going to a rebuild mode after firing Coach Q.

This could be an epic fail for the NHL
i hate to say I hope it fails, but maybe it will kill the over-saturation of outdoor games. 1 a year is enough. And no more Hawks, Penguins, Bruins, etc.

Alternate the host country. Have a Canadian city host, then US, CAN, etc.

Nashville @ Minnesota could be awesome. Winnipeg @ Colorado. Etc.

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad