Curtis Hall | F | 4th Round,
Dustyn McFaul | D | 6th Round
Pavel Shen | F | 7th Round

Sweeney's work this summer:
John Moore
Joakim Nordstrom
Chris Wagner
Jaroslav Halak

Sweeney's work at camp and season opening?

It would be nice to see Sweeney flip a few extra bodies they have and turn them into assets on a trade.
Hopefully some of the rookies push the Bruin management to make a deal. I guess we will wait and see.

Net gain was actually a first round playoff win, something that the B’s haven’t had since 2013/14.

Also, you left out Sweeney extending Marchand and Pasta (two elite core players) for long term bargain deals compared to the going rate.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Net gain was actually a first round playoff win, something that the B’s haven’t had since 2013/14.

Playoff round wins don't count unless you win it all :sarcasm:

Also, you left out Sweeney extending Marchand and Pasta (two elite core players) for long term bargain deals compared to the going rate.

I think Remer was just trying to complain about the deadline to now with this post.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Duschene is talking about free agency. He wants to play for a contender. He would be a really nice pickup.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Duschene is talking about free agency. He wants to play for a contender. He would be a really nice pickup.

Nine years in the league, and he has 8 total playoff games to his name. I'd want to play for a contender at this point as well haha. I'd take Duchene. He's not the best defensively, but he can fly and has a lot of offensive skill. Now, depending on who hits UFA this offseason, he may or may not be my #1 target, but he's 27 years old (he'll be 28 come UFA) and he would give us a Top 6 center for down the road.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the net gain also includes a rested Rick Nash in 2019. Just got a feeling....

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I don't touch Duschene. He was a HUGE part of the problem his final year in Colorado. And he sure didn't make things better in Ottawa when he got there. Maybe he is a great guy, but not a player I want to make a core piece for the next 7 years

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I don't touch Duschene. He was a HUGE part of the problem his final year in Colorado. And he sure didn't make things better in Ottawa when he got there. Maybe he is a great guy, but not a player I want to make a core piece for the next 7 years
Agreed 100%. Ottawa got much worse with him on their team. He's the kind of player where you wonder what kind of clubhouse guy he is.

Reactions: Boston Bruno

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Playoff round wins don't count unless you win it all :sarcasm:

I think Remer was just trying to complain about the deadline to now with this post.

Not complaining.
It's true that I am not a fan of what he did at the deadline. Yes, he went for it, but it wasn't a good deal.
Just hoping that Sweeney can make a deal that is a positive for the Bruins with some of the extra bodies this team presently has on the roster.
P.S. Forgot Tommy Wingels for a 5th in 2019 that turned into now a 4th rd pick.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Tell me one trade that don won clearly . I can't name one. Even his signings are nothing to gloat about. I think he should just draft and develop that's it.

1. Calling the Nash deal a "debacle" is f***ing stupid

2. Saying that Sweeney is now scared to make a trade because of that deal is also f***ing stupid. He's hardly made any trades outside of that first draft. So him not making any deals this summer is not an indication that he's been scared off by his past, it's him following what he's done since he took the job

I don't know how you can get on his case for not making deals, and then sit here and say you want him to stick to drafting and developing. Make up your mind

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Tell me one trade that don won clearly . I can't name one. Even his signings are nothing to gloat about. I think he should just draft and develop that's it.

He did really well on the Lucic trade.
If you pay close attention you might see what Sweeney is doing...

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I apologize to you.

I wondered why you change your user name here like I do passwords every 6 months at work and I realize you have recall issues.

I’ve answered this under your last 5 user names.

Lucic for Martin Jones, Colin Miller, LA first round pick

Martin Jones for Sean Kuraly & SJ first round pick

Signings

Riley Nash
Wagner
Halak
Moore
Schaller

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Agree again. He's never won a trade and his signings (Belesky, Backes, etc) more than speak for themselves. Ever wonder why only a few posters can admit this?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
:laugh: Agreed. Funny how a lot of people can't or simply won't admit that the guy is completely clueless.
This is hilarious on so many levels. My friends who read these Boards faithfully have mentioned there is a special category for you and don/JP.

By and large they enjoy your schtick whereas JP categorization I don’t like the term and it’s actually forbidden in my house even though it’s not a swear word just disgusting term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad