Management Bruins GM Don Sweeney addresses signings- All Sweeney Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Other than Halak (better option over Dobin) I know nothing about any of these players. If the forwards bring more speed and physicality than Nash and Schaller then it’s already an upgrade. Moore allows for a good forward trade desperately needed for Dk. No more over the hill plugs Seeeney. Go for pure speed and scoring.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Or my personal favorite courtesy of Fred Toucher and Joe Haggerty this morning

"The guys signed are jabroni's"

I bet the person who said that has seen Wagner/Nordstrom/Moore/Halak a whopping zero times. Kind of off topic, but my favorite thing on signing tweets by Boston are the "Who?" replies. I guess they only have Twitter available. Google must not be a thing anymore.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I bet the person who said that has seen Wagner/Nordstrom/Moore/Halak a whopping zero times. Kind of off topic, but my favorite thing on signing tweets by Boston are the "Who?" replies. I guess they only have Twitter available. Google must not be a thing anymore.
Fred said it and then Haggs agreed especially with Nordstrom.

I shut it off after that because it was clear neither of them knew a damn thing about anyone except for maybe Halak which will bring out the Tuukka's replacement crowd.

I'd love to hear Pierre's thoughts on our moves.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Fred said it and then Haggs agreed especially with Nordstrom.

Lol... Fred being honest. I'll take that on Sports Radio. Haggerty agreeing is golden. Has he done his off-season write up, yet? I look forward to the mentions of Nordstrom since he can't comment good/bad on the player.

I shut it off after that because it was clear neither of them knew a damn thing about anyone except for maybe Halak which will bring out the Tuukka's replacement crowd.

I'd love to hear Pierre's thoughts on our moves.

Haggerty already has his mid-season piece written, pining for Boston to trade Rask and go with Halak.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I didn't post yesterday because I have no clue who any of these guys were, honestly. I didn't want to come off sounded opinionated on something I know nothing about.

I'm just hoping Sweeney has a plan to continue improving things, and he's not done with just these deals. This team still needs a stabilizing third line center; if JFK or Frederic show up and play well for that, hey, i'd be thrilled. I'm just not getting my hopes up for that yet.

And I am hoping that sooner or later they figure out what they're doing with that defense. Whether you move Krug, or Grizz, Quaider, or somebody else, you gotta wonder how it's gonna go down.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Lol... Fred being honest. I'll take that on Sports Radio. Haggerty agreeing is golden. Has he done his off-season write up, yet? I look forward to the mentions of Nordstrom since he can't comment good/bad on the player.

Haggerty already has his mid-season piece written, pining for Boston to trade Rask and go with Halak.
You are probably right which is funny yet scary at the same time.

I hope they get the Kuraly deal wrapped up today.

I'm curious to see what they have up their sleeve once the market settles.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

mid season? Please, Haggs already has his trade deadline post wrap done:laugh:

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I didn't post yesterday because I have no clue who any of these guys were, honestly. I didn't want to come off sounded opinionated on something I know nothing about.

I'm just hoping Sweeney has a plan to continue improving things, and he's not done with just these deals. This team still needs a stabilizing third line center; if JFK or Frederic show up and play well for that, hey, i'd be thrilled. I'm just not getting my hopes up for that yet.

And I am hoping that sooner or later they figure out what they're doing with that defense. Whether you move Krug, or Grizz, Quaider, or somebody else, you gotta wonder how it's gonna go down.

This sure will be interesting . I think the only two that would bring a big return are Krug or Carlo since Charlie is off limits. I am hoping Carlo is off limits. I love Krug and don't want him traded but if they want a big return I think he is the obvious one.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This sure will be interesting . I think the only two that would bring a big return are Krug or Carlo since Charlie is off limits. I am hoping Carlo is off limits. I love Krug and don't want him traded but if they want a big return I think he is the obvious one.

So here is a shock, the most valuable guy. The guy who hurts the team most if he were traded, is also the guy who would return the most in the trade.

Are they willing to sacrifice any type of offense from the back end, especially on Power play, to fortify the front end. an can they find someone willing to give up an elite top 6 forward to bring Krug in?

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Stuck where? At the NHL level?

Yeah, weren't Cehlarik and Bjork given chances very early on? Bjork made the opening roster, didn't he? Then injuries pushed them back into the AHL and other rookies who appeared ready (i.e. Heinen, Grzelcyk) were given a shot and stuck.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Mark Mowers :laugh::laugh::laugh: And Jeff Hoggan was going to be our next great sniper

I don't think Hoggan made many AHL teams after playing a good chunk for the NHL Bruins that season. I could've made that 06-07 team ffs :laugh:

Reactions: Dr Hook

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

I'm pumped Bruins got Wagner, wanted him since the Oilers/Ducks series two playoffs ago. Definitely one of those players you'd have to watch and not judge by his stats.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Yeah, weren't Cehlarik and Bjork given chances very early on? Bjork made the opening roster, didn't he? Then injuries pushed them back into the AHL and other rookies who appeared ready (i.e. Heinen, Grzelcyk) were given a shot and stuck.

Cehlarik came in performed extrrmely well was injured knee knee penguins game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad