Post-Game Talk: Bruins finally lose one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Bruins have the least amount of powerplay time and power plays and the Habs have the most.

The Habs have 40 more powerplays and 100 minutes more of powerplay time in the first part of this season then the Bruins.

I could see why he is frustrated, I see players slash Chara and are draped all over him and nothing is called, just because you are playing against a larger team and players doesn't mean that the penalties shouldn't be called.

Yup, and it's not just this year. I posted something a couple of days ago about how Julien-coached teams are virtually always 25-30th in the league in PP opportunities, dating back to his rookie coaching year. While the reason for that could be anything from coincidence to something about his coaching style, regardless I would imagine it gets frustrating to coach in the league for a decade and always find yourself getting fewer PP's than your opponents.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
Bruins have the least amount of powerplay time and power plays and the Habs have the most.

The Habs have 40 more powerplays and 100 minutes more of powerplay time in the first part of this season then the Bruins.

I could see why he is frustrated, I see players slash Chara and are draped all over him and nothing is called, just because you are playing against a larger team and players doesn't mean that the penalties shouldn't be called.

Wouldn't you expect the B's to have more PIMS than MTL though? A big physical team that has the best PK in the league vs a small speedy team that tries to play puck possesion which invites contact? I can understand being frustrated but the B's size and play style has advantages up and down the ice but when it comes to pp/pk opportunities..that isn't one of them.

Schmautzie

Dave est magané
Jun 28, 2007
Greater Boston
You know who Habs fans are? They are the guys that cut you off on the highway then flip you off.

Oh, and they are driving a 20 year-old-car that was awesome at the time.

I see them more as Al Bundy, the shoe salesman who keeps bringing up how he scored 4 touchdowns in the big HS game 20 years ago.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I see them more as Al Bundy, the shoe salesman who keeps bringing up how he scored 4 touchdowns in the big HS game 20 years ago.

thats how i see it as well. Relive the glory days even though most of them were not alive at the time.

hey need something to fall back on. always worked for Al

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

This.

Now reffing in general has stunk this year for every team in the league.

I think every team in the league has had some calls go their way and some where they got screwed.

But potential penalty for potential penalty I have seen the Bruins experience a lot of non calls compared to almost any other game I have watched. I think it is especially frustrating in some of the obvious ones-liked when Lucic was boarded or the cross check on Seguin.

I think this anger has been building and spilled over last night-most likely because Chara has said he wouldn't have gone after Emelin had the penalty been called-he fought because once again the Bruins were getting screwed by the refs on a cheap shot.

So the Bruins go down their top defenseman for 17 minutes and Emelin likely gets an "Atta Boy!" from the team for playing dirty and getting Chara out for almost 1/3 of the game.

Habs were absolutely rewarded last night on that call, then they were rewarded again on the automatic delay of game call.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I want to watch Hamilton's goal again I wonder why Dafoomie didn't post it. I will have to find it myself.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
I know it was never my intention. Just that, in the heat of a rivalry, I believe that tons of misconceptions are being thrown left and right frmo either side and it's just for a discussion purpose that I believe it's great to have each side of the medal......But there's obviously no clear intention for you to stop hating the Habs. I wouldn't do that....I know...it's too great to hate teams. It adds to the fun of the game. Unless it's too personal, hating is fine with me.

Having rivals is great but what I don't understand is why you and many of your fellow fans feel the need to post in the bruins forum after a win. It's amazing how quiet it was in here after the first game when the bruins beat the habs. When the habs beat the bruins this board turns into the habs board. Why not stick to your own board to talk about how great the fabulous habs are?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
No you're right, it doesn't...but facts and stats can be spun a million different ways to suit a million different agendas. If I had the time and the inclination, I could dig up some stats to support my point of view if I wanted to, but I have no interest in doing that.

My dislike is raw. It's pure. I don't feel the need to quantify it, as much as it may tick some off. Some things aren't/don't have to be logical, and a Bruins fan hating the Montreal Canadiens is one of those things. That's what makes it fun.

....and I wasn't referring to your post, I don't mind you. :D You should know that I'm usually up for free and challenging dialogue...we've had several conversations about other things. Not on this one, though.

You sweet-talker! You had me at "Mind".

Seriously, I have no problem with the hate thing. It is after all just hockey. I feel it too. But trying to 'prove' our points would accomplish nothing but flinging YT clips back and forth. A useless waste of time, because you really can't 'prove' any of this. We're arguing about a bunch of temp employees who wear skates to work, many of whom have worn both Habs and Bruins jerseys. Characterizing them as this or that the moment they switch logos - ridiculous.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Yup, and it's not just this year. I posted something a couple of days ago about how Julien-coached teams are virtually always 25-30th in the league in PP opportunities, dating back to his rookie coaching year. While the reason for that could be anything from coincidence to something about his coaching style, regardless I would imagine it gets frustrating to coach in the league for a decade and always find yourself getting fewer PP's than your opponents.

40% more is a little too much, just curious to see why, I know dark jerseys are always thought of the bad guys and penalized less, and are bigger teams penalized less because they don't go down as easily as smaller teams, I am just curious to know why the discrepancy?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I can understand being frustrated but the B's size and play style has advantages up and down the ice but when it comes to pp/pk opportunities..that isn't one of them.

Being honest here-my beef isn't so much with the penalties that are called. 9 times out of 10 the penalties are legitimate calls-some might be weak or ticky tack, but the call itself is fairly justified. I think about the only player consistently screwed with getting called for penalties that didn't happen is Lucic.

My beef is far more in the number of times other teams have committed penalties and they have gone uncalled. Especially the ones where our players are put in danger-like the elbow to Dougie's head (he left the ice shook up and the call wasn't made-it was right in front of the ref) the boarding on Lucic, when Bergeron was tripped and had a nasty slide into the net, when Seguin gets crosschecked in the ribs and the stick breaks, when Krejci is interferred with (huge hit, shook him up and he left the ice). And the list goes on.

Then there are the other calls, like the delay of game that was missed, the interferences that go uncalled (but I think this is inconsistently called in general) etc.

The refs aren't so much calling tons of bogus penalties on the Bruins, but they are turning a blind eye to a lot of penalties that they wouldn't hesitate to call if the victim was a Hab, Pen or similar.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Having rivals is great but what I don't understand is why you and many of your fellow fans feel the need to post in the bruins forum after a win. It's amazing how quiet it was in here after the first game when the bruins beat the habs. When the habs beat the bruins this board turns into the habs board. Why not stick to your own board to talk about how great the fabulous habs are?

Can't speak for Whitesnake, but here's why I like this board:

Every issue has two sides. This place is the other side.

I get the need to vent privately on your own board, but at a certain point it's no longer a discussion, it's self-gratification. Dislike my team all you want, but doesn't it feel better to say it to my face instead of whispering like you're in a gossipy hen party? I'm offering my honest opinions from the other side, and my promise to consider your own honest opinions.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm having a civil discussion. I'm not insulting anyone nor am I trolling. I didn't post the video, I simply replied to one of your posts.

It's not about who dives more. All teams dive. Julien's comments last night made it seem as if the Bruins NEVER dive, so a video was made to show how hypocritical his comments were.

I said what I had to say. I'll make my way out now.

Diving wouldn't bee such a sensitive subject among our fanbase if your team didn't try to win games and series with diving. And it usually working (diving stole you game 6 of the 11 series and almost stole game 5 for you.)

The Canadiens take it to a new level and its an inbred part of your strategy to try and embellish for more calls.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I just find it odd that Julien chose THIS game to whine about embellishment. Is it just me or was there almost no embellishment that entire game, on either team? And there certainly weren't any calls made against the Bruins due to Habs' embellishments. So his complaints come across as excuses, which makes him seem like he is whining. It's a little embarrassing.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I shan't be watching that biased video by a poster that hates the Bruins since his team was beat in the SCF. I didn't miss the point so much as I am not going to listen to it or acknowledge it.

All teams dive. I am just sorry the Habs fans feel they have to come over here to be so righteous. Its ridiculous.

It's video footage of bruins players diving,....bias does not alter the unaltered truth of live footage.

it's not to try and prove that habs or canucks or any teams players dont dive...it just shows that boston does it very often and expose their hypocrisy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Well some posters in here would tell you that I came in here also in losses. Came here a whole lot, was here when you were ready to fire your coach in your cup year and told you all that Julien was EXACTLY what you needed and be stupid if you'd fire him. I was here more often in wins and losses. Not as present on my own board, so obviously less present in this one.

Not sure if you read the entirety of my posts but I'm not sure it's filled with how great my Habs are.....But as I said a couple of posts ago.....I'm out. Just that if people replies, I'll answer. If not, I'm done. Still believe we can have good discussions even in heated rivalries. But I was expecting some "get lost" moments...it actually took a longer time than I expected...;)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Can't speak for Whitesnake, but here's why I like this board:

Every issue has two sides. This place is the other side.

I get the need to vent privately on your own board, but at a certain point it's no longer a discussion, it's self-gratification. Dislike my team all you want, but doesn't it feel better to say it to my face instead of whispering like you're in a gossipy hen party? I'm offering my honest opinions from the other side, and my promise to consider your own honest opinions.

You're one of the few Canadien posters I can tolerate. Mainly I don't see any trolling or bias in your posts and you seem to not have homer glasses on.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Diving wouldn't bee such a sensitive subject among our fanbase if your team didn't try to win games and series with diving. And it usually working (diving stole you game 6 of the 11 series and almost stole game 5 for you.)

The Canadiens take it to a new level and its an inbred part of your strategy to try and embellish for more calls.

You need to realize that there is a new GM, new coach, and many new players on the Habs. They play a new system, developed new strategies, and are a completely evolved group compared to last year and the years before.

I don't think embellishment has played a role on any Habs games this year. The strategy is about puck-side attack and there is not much place for diving on that team. After all, the motto is "no excuses".

I feel like people blaming embellishment for last night's loss are just looking for excuses. There was absolutely zero embellishments being made, on either side.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
You need to realize that there is a new GM, new coach, and many new players on the Habs. They play a new system, developed new strategies, and are a completely evolved group compared to last year and the years before.

I don't think embellishment has played a role on any Habs games this year. The strategy is about puck-side attack and there is not much place for diving on that team. After all, the motto is "no excuses".

I feel like people blaming embellishment for last night's loss are just looking for excuses. There was absolutely zero embellishments being made, on either side.

I don't see anyone blaming embellishment at all. It's a parallel conversation.

Speaking for myself, I don't think that's why we lost at all. I don't think it played that big of a part in last night's game, which is why the timing of Claude's comments were odd. But it's always a timely topic when we play the Habs, just like Chara being a murderous monster and having a team full of goons is on your side. :dunno:

Sure as the sun rises in the east, and all that jazz.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
It's video footage of bruins players diving,....bias does not alter the unaltered truth of live footage.

it's not to try and prove that habs or canucks or any teams players dont dive...it just shows that boston does it very often and expose their hypocrisy.

Thanks for exposing us to the hypocrisy! :laugh:

And people wonder why Habs fans are so hated over here.

You don't know what you are talking about. That video is full of bias.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Are there this many Bruins fans on the Habs board trying to teach them the error of their ways? If so, that's ****ing embarrassing.

I hate the Habs. I always have, I always will. I hate the way they play the game, I hate their uniforms, I hate their chants, I hate their fans. I hate absolutely everything about that franchise. Some people grow up in a God-fearing household, I grew up in a Habs-hating household.

But please....keep telling me how wrong I am for having the opinions that I do. What is it you're hoping to accomplish exactly?

At least someone didn't tell you to go make them a sandwich :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland