Post-Game Talk: Bruins finally lose one

Status
Not open for further replies.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I'll drop this here as well....

- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Andy Ference, after having two straight good games was dreadful.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year. I'l give him a pass. Did Nathan Horton play?

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement. Again, he's been so good, I'll give him a pass.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area. Our scoring comes from one line at a time, we have not put together a solid 60 from the entire team all year.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Good to see that Thornton looked more like himself tonight. Can't believe how many turnovers we had. So sloppy.

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
we will be alright. This wasnt for the stanley cup but some of the guys seemed to have little compete

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia

- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year. I'l give him a pass. Did Nathan Horton play?

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement. Again, he's been so good, I'll give him a pass.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area. Our scoring comes from one line at a time, we have not put together a solid 60 from the entire team all year.

Glad you posted it in this thread. Spot on.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Typical game against Montreal. Rough. Fast. Lots of turnovers. Stupid penalties and lots of powerplays. Crap goals both ways.

But some of the most entertaining and fun hockey to watch. Even though we lost/turned the puck over more times than I can count, this was the most entertaining game I've watch all season.

Also good to see that the Bruins played a much more physical, mean brand of hockey. If we end up playing Montreal in the playoffs, I think we have a great chance of beating them. No way Montreal can keep up this physical game and not get worn down in a full series against the Bruins.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

OMG!!!!!!!!

Dougie is one of us :handclap::cry:

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74
Dougie Hamilton when asked what he thought when he saw Zdeno Chara go after Alexei Emelin: "I was hoping he'd get him good!"

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I like that the Bruins have switched on the emotion the last few games.

Usually that does not help vs Monteal.

Luckily, it works well against the rest of the league.

Excited for the Leafs game on Thursday.

Also, the return of Michelle to Montreal will be great for this rivalry. Martin was just too boring.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
No. Whitney is worse than Ference. Andy will come around, he always does. He played a few good games in a row, tonight he was awful.

I still think Claude has to send a message to him. Scratch him, play Johnson.

Agreed. Ference needs to play alike a veteran...until he does...dress Johnson.

Also...Our 1st line was totally invisible. Krejci especially.

What's up with that?

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
show

Comon, Big Bang Theory is awesome, see ya in playoffs ,hopefully ,bruins fans.. always a nice rivarly, canes-bruins

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Did they ever give an explanation of why the penalty called on the hit on McQuaid right before the Lucic fight wasn't enforced?

Lol nope. That penalty, emelin on seguin, and the puck over the glass should have been 3 bruin power plays. :shakehead

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

- So many turnovers.

Well said.

Yeah. I'll give him a pass I guess. He better start accumulating some black marks on his glove at practice. Getting tired of the "ole ****" on the glove side. And, from the blueline. It's getting old.

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
I actually like Peverly alot even though hes been terrible, but how bad was that trade. I know we won the cup with Peverly and Id do the trade all over again but Wheeler had like 60 some points last year although he is horribly frustrating. And Mark Stuart a really solid D man with the B's. Anyone else think this?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Rask was bad and the Bruins played a sloppy game. I am not concerned, but it would have been nice to beat the Habs and stay in first place.

Our third line isn't working, that's my only real concern right now.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Agreed. Ference needs to play alike a veteran...until he does...dress Johnson.

Also...Our 1st line was totally invisible. Krejci especially.

What's up with that?
Krech has been so good all year, I'll give him a pass. I think Lucic was too focused on running around. I honestly don't remember hearing Horton's name during the run of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad