Post-Game Talk: Bruins finally lose one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
i rarely post but serious question... i keep seeing habs fans talking about seguin being a diver. am i just a homer or is this a common thing? i dont recall a time where hes gone down too easy, i feel like with his speed he could draw a thousand penalties if he felt like dropping to the ice but i honestly cant recall a time where i felt as though he had dove.... am i wearing homer glasses or are hab fans just salty?

I've seen him go down easy a couple times. Pretty much anyone is going to have a few dives that can be dug up on them. I'd say Marchand is the only guy on the Bruins that somewhat consistently dives.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

My opinion on the diving thing is this....

Every team has players that dive from time to time. There is no denying that. Marchand's done it, Chara's done it...it happens everywhere.

The difference is that your franchise was built playing that kind of game. It's in the Hab DNA, and it's part of the identity. I hate that aspect of the game, I hate when our players do it, I hate when anyone does it.

Your franchise is the patriarch when it comes to that style of play, which is why it's so infuriating to watch. A guy on the Bruins does it and he gets reprimanded for it...a guy on the Habs does it, and it's celebrated.

No...we don;t celebrate it...no habs fan i have ever met celebrates it...that's just a completely baseless and idiotic comment as is saying our franchise was based on it when I can honestly say that I believe your team does it more than anyone, and if you dont believe me, just take a look on the habs board at the thread titled: Embellishment city.
I'd like to post it here, but obviously i cant do that.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
A serious question: Do you honestly believe that? I get that you probably haven't seen the Habs of the 50s, 60s, and 70s, but do you honestly believe the Habs were built on diving?

Habs fans are the only ones I've heard say (and on a consistent basis) "whatever gets you on the powerplay"

Pretty much what my response was going to be, word for word. This is what I've known to be true my entire hockey watching life.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
No...we don;t celebrate it...no habs fan i have ever met celebrates it...that's just a completely baseless and idiotic comment as is saying our franchise was based on it when I can honestly say that I believe your team does it more than anyone, and if you dont believe me, just take a look on the habs board at the thread titled: Embellishment city.

Then I'd wager you haven't met many Habs fans.

Have a great night!

ETA: I'd love to see how it would go over if I went to your board and called what you had to say idiotic. I'm sure it would be tolerated equally over there.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

Mike Ribiero.

Old Time Sauce

Oct 8, 2008
I've seen him go down easy a couple times. Pretty much anyone is going to have a few dives that can be dug up on them. I'd say Marchand is the only guy on the Bruins that somewhat consistently dives.

valid point, searched the internet and found literally one video of him which it did appear he dove pretty bad. Just felt like the guy had a reputation on the main boards of diving and i had never saw it to that extent. haters gonna hate

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ask 28 other fanbases their thoughts are on the Bruins and the Habs. You will get your answer there.

Id be shocked if you found 5 fan bases that would want their team to take after Montreal and not Boston.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
i rarely post but serious question... i keep seeing habs fans talking about seguin being a diver. am i just a homer or is this a common thing? i dont recall a time where hes gone down too easy, i feel like with his speed he could draw a thousand penalties if he felt like dropping to the ice but i honestly cant recall a time where i felt as though he had dove.... am i wearing homer glasses or are hab fans just salty?

I don't think Tyler is a diver and last night he did not dive. I am not saying he never did but I don't see Seggy as a diver.

He was hurt last night and even though he returned to the game he was still hurting.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999
Habs fan here....not to boast or talk ****, or kiss your ass before i make my point....i want to bring up an honest question.....on on the topic of diving....what separates boston from montreal? I mean really..can any one of you answer that for me?

Not to boast or talk ****, just to ask an honest question and denigrate the person who bothers to give
an honest answer. Thanks for showing us the error of our ways.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

They're dumb I cannot recall one time Seguin dove

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
"Technically" being first place in the Conference 20 games in to the season is the best feeling in the world? This guy is going to die of happiness if he plays a playoff game.

Agreed, can't believe it's the best feeling in the world being first after 22 games especially considering his team is only 2 points up on Boston despite playing 3 more games. I hope during the habs next home game they raise a banner proclaiming that their first in the East after 22 games. According to Max it is the best feeling in the world, might as well raise a banner to honour it.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Then it isn't working, because we haven't won a thing in the last 15 years.

which makes it all the more embarrassing..

To me, it's not just the diving and embellishment that bothers me, its the smugness, childishness, and arrogance that go along with it.

Play the game the RIGHT way. That's what Bruins hockey has been about since julien took over.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca

Haha, Makaveli, the patron saint of butthurt fanbases strikes again.

****ing lemmings.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
My opinion on the diving thing is this....

Every team has players that dive from time to time. There is no denying that. Marchand's done it, Chara's done it...it happens everywhere.

The difference is that your franchise was built playing that kind of game. It's in the Hab DNA, and it's part of the identity. I hate that aspect of the game, I hate when our players do it, I hate when anyone does it.

Your franchise is the patriarch when it comes to that style of play, which is why it's so infuriating to watch. A guy on the Bruins does it and he gets reprimanded for it...a guy on the Habs does it, and it's celebrated.

Do you seriously believe this?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Ask 28 other fanbases their thoughts are on the Bruins and the Habs. You will get your answer there.

Id be shocked if you found 5 fan bases that would want their team to take after Montreal and not Boston.

Those other fan bases would call the Bruins the dirtiest team in the league. They'd be wrong (and yes, I've said this countless times on my own board) just as they'd be wrong about their Habs generalizations. Repeat a myth a million times and it's still a myth.

What we have here is not fact, or team DNA, or any of those things. It's biased myopia - we only see what we want to see. Not just Bruin fans, but Habs fans and all the rest. You think you can 'prove' your case? Find however many YT clips of Habs antics, you'll just get a truckload of YT clips of Bruins doing the exact same thing. It's a totally, hopelessly futile fight because it is NOT a fact-based argument. It's our feelings, nothing more. You 'hate' the Habs? No problem. But it's your own thing, not some chronic Habs thing. The moment we recognize that is the moment we all stop acting like morons.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Do you seriously believe this?

No, I don't! Thank you for coming over here and showing me the error of my ways.

Thank God I was asked more than once...otherwise I still may be believing that nonsense.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
You know what I do like about that YouTube clip they have on there boards? The fact that Edwards, while globally ridiculed by habs fans/media ripped into Thornton for embellishing. Maybe if other fan bases announcers' follow, they can truly show how bad it looks. Hats off to Edwards for calling Thornton out. Maybe Pierre houde or whomever should do same for habs and other teams.

My 2 cents.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
You know what I do like about that YouTube clip they have on there boards? The fact that Edwards, while globally ridiculed by habs fans/media ripped into Thornton for embellishing. Maybe if other fan bases announcers' follow, they can truly show how bad it looks. Hats off to Edwards for calling Thornton out. Maybe Pierre houde or whomever should do same for habs and other teams.

My 2 cents.

I think that was dubbed over the Thornton play actually. I remember him saying that and I'm 99% sure it was regarding a Habs player. Jack does get on the Bruins and praise other teams though. He just never is credited for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad