Post-Game Talk: Bruins destroy Pengoons 6-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Oh man, Pens still underestimating the Bruins.

These quotes are pretty pathetic. Makes me feel very good about Game 3, because if they think this is all about them and that what the Bruins do is inconsequential it will be a very short series.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009

No one but Iginla even gave credit to the Bruins in the post game interviews. Crosby, Kristopher Letang, Fleury.... they all said they weren't playing their game, they weren't executing, blah blah blah.

Didn't seem to occur to them that the team at the other end of the ice had something to do with it.

I am cautiously giddy with how this series has gone so far. Can't wait for G3!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
1778204__zps10ee0226.jpg

He looks pretty cool in the hat and jacke-like like he belongs on a bike.

As for these two wins:

1 if the pens decide to focus on defense they might be able to pull themselves out of this hole, but as long as they rely on just scoring goals and the Bruins remain disciplined they are going to be done in Boston.

2 on Saturday I always felt the Pens might come back in the game-they were defensive black holes but their offense was still generating something. Last night after the second goal I wasn't worried about a Pena comeback. The Pens just looked awful in all three zones-they looked like a beer league compared to the Bruins.

3 the Kelly line is playing good defense-but they need to find a way to score.

4 Shawn Thornton has more points in this series than the two best players in the world.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
No one but Iginla even gave credit to the Bruins in the post game interviews. Crosby, Kristopher Letang, Fleury.... they all said they weren't playing their game, they weren't executing, blah blah blah.

Didn't seem to occur to them that the team at the other end of the ice had something to do with it.

I am cautiously giddy with how this series has gone so far. Can't wait for G3!

That's normal it happens all the time during a series, they gave credit when they're sent packing for the summer which is soon for them! :nod:

pblc

Mar 8, 2002
Nova Scotia Canada
Visit site
Very glad to be up 2-0 but 3 things worry me:

1) Bruins get overconfident thinking they have this in the bag and mail it in for a couple of games, letting the Pens back in this. Hopefully the memories of the Flyers and even of this years series with the Maple Leafs are enough to keep the players from getting complacent.

2) The Pens wake up and realize that they actually have to work for this series instead of having it handed to them. All joking aside, this Pens team can be scary good when they are running on all cylinders. Let's hope that they keep doing what they're doing.

3) Lastly, and this one especially worries me, is the possibility that someone on the Pens (I'm looking at you Cooke) takes out a Krejci, Bergeron..,etc with a dirty play changing the complexion of the series.

I love the way the Bruins are playing as a cohesive unit (unlike the Pens who are a collection of stars that just aren't gelling) and don't want to see them ease up even slightly.....don't want the Pens to have a glimmer of hope.

That being said, I think all the Bruins should have their heads on a swivel and be aware that if the series continues as it has been going so far that some Pens may get desperate and use any means necessary to win.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004

1) Bruins get overconfident thinking they have this in the bag and mail it in for a couple of games, letting the Pens back in this. Hopefully the memories of the Flyers and even of this years series with the Maple Leafs are enough to keep the players from getting complacent.

2) The Pens wake up and realize that they actually have to work for this series instead of having it handed to them. All joking aside, this Pens team can be scary good when they are running on all cylinders. Let's hope that they keep doing what they're doing.

3) Lastly, and this one especially worries me, is the possibility that someone on the Pens (I'm looking at you Cooke) takes out a Krejci, Bergeron..,etc with a dirty play changing the complexion of the series.

I love the way the Bruins are playing as a cohesive unit (unlike the Pens who are a collection of stars that just aren't gelling) and don't want to see them ease up even slightly.....don't want the Pens to have a glimmer of hope.

That being said, I think all the Bruins should have their heads on a swivel and be aware that if the series continues as it has been going so far that some Pens may get desperate and use any means necessary to win.

All valid fears for sure. I was worried about the injury thing last night, luckily the Pens settled down a bit.

Also, general comment- I didn't see Letang's comments as disrespectful to the Bruins, more as ripping himself and his own team.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Here's the only thing i'm worried about.

Some recent posters are correct, nobody is talking about how well Chara is playing. He is a premier shut down d-man and he's going all Champ Bailey on the Pens and putting that whole side of the D-zone, and the neutral zone, into one giant hammerlock.

Lets look at where he stands.

The season ended up with a lot games all bunched up, and Chara had very little rest. At the time i wanted him to sit at least one of the last 2 back to back games on the last weekend, if not both. He ended up playing both. whaddyagonnado? The season ended and the 1st round started relatively quickly and surprise surprise, the Leafs made a series out of it. Why? One reason was the degradation of our PK. Chara anchors that PK, and to paraphrase an old saying, ain't Chara right, ain't nobody right. I'm still of the opinion that if Chara rests that last weekend the Leafs series doesn't go 7 games. The pk/chara got worse as the series dragged on.

then there was a couple extra days off between round one and round 2, and then another lag between game 1 and game 2 of rangers series. A rested Chara put the rangers in a hammerlock and their PP was rendered completely dysfunctional for the first few games until....Chara starts to get a little tired then our PK starts to break down again. That team had plenty of other issues so they get dispatched in 5.

Then an entire week off. Chara is tanned, rested , and ready. Pens big guns all put up goose eggs for first couple games, nothing going on their all world PP, and nobody knows why. But we know why. ;)
How do we know Chara is feeling great right now? there were multiple times both on pk and 5 on 5 where he gets the puck to the left of Rask and with a flick of his wrists sends it 200 feet. During the last stages of the rangers series and most of the leafs series that puck doesn't even get past the blue line.

So Chara is feeling great....for now. Lets see how he and the pk are doing round about game 4. then if this ends up going 5, 6, or (gasp) 7, then watch out for that Pens PP.

Good news is that if it does go 6 or 7 we'll be getting a whole lot of Walkom, O'Halloran and o'Rourke and not much will be called.

You can agree or disagree, but you can't say you weren't told. ;)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Peep the kid who's calling for a Jetblue boycott because if the Crosby thing. I. Am. DYING.

Swearengen95
#Pens fans, @Jetblue pilots call Sidney Crosby a baby, and Jetblue supports it, thinks its funny. Let them know how you feel. #BoycottJetBlue

There's lots more on the kids twitter. They can't take a joke , at ALL!

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Peep the kid who's calling for a Jetblue boycott because if the Crosby thing. I. Am. DYING.

Swearengen95
#Pens fans, @Jetblue pilots call Sidney Crosby a baby, and Jetblue supports it, thinks its funny. Let them know how you feel. #BoycottJetBlue

remember TB fans sending death threats to Bruins marketing department? This is feeling more and more like 2011. Giddyup!

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Swearengen95

He never called Crosby a baby, he called a baby Crosby. If anything babies should be boycotting.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I agree with all three concerns.

The reality is the Pens have some talented/dynamic players who can be deadly if they choose to show up and play in all three zones.

I also agree that I am most worried about a dirty hit that takes out one of our players. There were more than enough high hits and elbows last night.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I think Pittsburgh is my #2 least favorite team now.

1. Mon
2. Pit
3. Van

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Anyone notice Bergeron get cross checked in the ribs/wrist/etc right after Marchand scores the goal to make it 4-1 at the end of the first?

He was in so much pain that he bent over and didn't even celebrate the goal.

I am pissed off about that. :rant:

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.

1. Mon
2. Pit
3. Van

They've been #1 on my list since i started paying attention to the NHL in 08/09 ish. I hate them worse than the Habs, always have. I got berated once for saying it was them and not the Habs. I guess it comes from the experience of having 2 sons living/have lived in Pitt.

du5566*

1. Mon
2. Pit

3. Van

Haha, I can't argue with this list but I would put a healthy gap between 2 and 3. I just think Mon and Pit are on a different level than Van...... Those two franchises have been built on supreme skill, entitlement, and everything Bruins hockey isn’t.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Of all the players to be saying the Bruins forecheck has no effect on them it's Letang? Kristopher ****ing Letang? I guess all those turnovers and weak defensive plays came out of thing air then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad