Post-Game Talk: Bruins crown Lundqvist - Tuukka OK and going to Carolina - and THANK YOU LEAFS!!!!!!

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Not big on those behind the bench seats. Maybe it's just me. For all sporting events I like to be a little higher to see whats going on. Then again I have never had really close seats.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I woke up to see the Bruins up 3-0. Saw the Smith and Nash goal. With 2 minutes left I turned off the game. The Bruins seem to be hemmed in their own zone a lot this season.

Cant understand how PC did not get defence help at all this season.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
That's such bull**** that they don't even give the guy a hearing. He deserves to sit at least 1 game. He knows he's holding his stick in his hand...ridiculous.

Can always hope McQuaid uses it as fuel down the stretch

Bi Coastal Bawse*

That's such bull**** that they don't even give the guy a hearing. He deserves to sit at least 1 game. He knows he's holding his stick in his hand...ridiculous.

Eh

Who cares?

I doubt McQuaid is crying about it he will just wait till next they play. Must be frustrating for him since guys cheap shot him but wont fight.

Example:
Jannik Hansen

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
In other news.....

These next two games are going to be critical, not because the points are needed, which goes without saying. It's because it's against non playoff teams, where the B's seem to play down a notch and either lose, get a point, or pull off a dramatic win. This is what concerns me the most, I'd rather they be playing teams ahead of them to be honest.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Eh

Who cares?

I doubt McQuaid is crying about it he will just wait till next they play. Must be frustrating for him since guys cheap shot him but wont fight.

Example:
Jannik Hansen

I care. I bet McQuaid cares too, though I agree he wouldn't "cry" about it. I never insinuated he would.

Glass will fight too, which is the worst part. If he didn't like that little bump just turn around and challenge McQuaid, Adam will go no problem.

That butt-end barely missed McQuaid's eye. And butt-ending is one of the dirtiest things you can do in a hockey game. The league should be looking to set a precedent for something like that, not hitting a guy with the "maximum allowable fine" (which they know is peanuts).

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He had his goalie pads on :laugh:. The boys on the bench were cracking up.

It was a fun day at the Garden

Could you see if McQuaid was injured from the Glass stick?

He had a fiesty game today and I thought he played well-just kinda ended on a bad note for him.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Glass fined by the NHL for the butt end and the league continues to be a joke

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._rangers_tanner_glass_for_hitting_bruins_adam

Not a fan of it just being a fine but if Glass doesn't have a suspension history the fine is often the first step.

I'm pretty sure Marchand would have been suspended multiple games if he did that though. But it appears Rangers fans would rather see him suspended so maybe the fine really is the punishment.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I care. I bet McQuaid cares too, though I agree he wouldn't "cry" about it. I never insinuated he would.

Glass will fight too, which is the worst part. If he didn't like that little bump just turn around and challenge McQuaid, Adam will go no problem.

That butt-end barely missed McQuaid's eye. And butt-ending is one of the dirtiest things you can do in a hockey game. The league should be looking to set a precedent for something like that, not hitting a guy with the "maximum allowable fine" (which they know is peanuts).

Glass didn't fight McQuaid all game and instead opted to hit him with the butt end of the stick.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
All I remember about the last time we played in Carolina is I wanted to shoot myself in the head after.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So ...If Marchy or Looch did that I bet they would get more than a fine. THAT is what pisses me off :rant:

I 100% agree.

I realize suspension history plays a role in fine/suspension decisions but it really bugs me that using your stick as a weapon, cutting open a guy's face (requiring medical attention) only merits a fine.

Not to mention that the fines are embarrassingly paltry for the salaries these players make.

If you make a Million dollars a year that fine is the equivalent of buying a burger.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00