Post-Game Talk: Bruins crown Lundqvist - Tuukka OK and going to Carolina - and THANK YOU LEAFS!!!!!!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I mean.. Smith started that entire rush with that sweet self board pass so he deserved a bit more credit than that.

Yeah, you're right. Smith did a nice job starting the rush and finished it off with a goal.

He actually had a pretty good game today.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in.

So I posted this before the game "I hope for POSITIVE energy today.

B's. ..4-2"

I thought this was a very well played game by the B's. Sure Lundqvist just returned...The B's had a great game.

Looch looked great.

I think Tuukka had a tummy ache. The guys who work for the B's weren't too worried so I did not think it was anything too bad.

Quaider had another good game. He was so pissed at the end of the game after taking a stick to the face.

Sveddy was fine.

Good call LF.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
She's always in tune with this team. That's what happens when you are a pretty avid and active watcher of the game.

Susan is the best.

:blush:aw thanks Mike. You are so nice to an old lady. I am an admitted homer for the B's.

I think most of us here are pretty avid watchers of the B's .

I can't think of a more intense fan than EverettMike in 2011 cup finals.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Was at the game today. Great first period and then they pretty much coasted. Not a good effort by the Rags and the Soderberg-Smith-Loui line looked good. Imagine how many assists Carl might have if Loui could still finish.

Anybody know what that song is they are currently playing during the video montage is?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Would like to point out that my daughter has now never been to a live Bruins game and watched them lose. Some independently wealthy Bruins fan needs to buy her tickets for the rest of the home games. Granted seems like there aren't many of those left.

She said the first two periods were really exciting but the third wasn't such a good period to watch. She said they were left bewildered over Tuukka's absence-she said he was there one minute then he was gone and they had no idea why.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just don't think he'll get a shot this year, other than a Soderberg-esque sub due to injury. Just hasn't played any games with the team.

Gotta agree.

Maybe if the Bruins are losing badly and Julien is looking to change things up-I just don't see Nulien as the type to put a guy in who hasn't played a regular season game.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The view from New Yawk

Rangers hang Henrik Lundqvist out to dry with dismal first period showing in 4-2 loss to Bruins

BOSTON — The Rangers owed Henrik Lundqvist their best effort in his return from injury Saturday afternoon. Instead, they now owe him an apology.

Saturday afternoon the Rangers spiraled quickly from intended celebration into disaster when a pitiful opening period hung Lundqvist out to dry in his first start since Feb. 2 for a 4-2 blasting by the Boston Bruins.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You can't be serious.Svedberg makes me nervous ALL the time.

nope. Svedberg can make those out of nowhere saves late in games. He is solid. While Rask gives up goals with less than 2 min that he needs to stop (for example vs ducks).

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Was at the game today. Great first period and then they pretty much coasted. Not a good effort by the Rags and the Soderberg-Smith-Loui line looked good. Imagine how many assists Carl might have if Loui could still finish.

Anybody know what that song is they are currently playing during the video montage is?

This one? I think it's the latest one they're using, but I could be wrong:

[NHL]757266[/NHL]

"Battle Cry", by Imagine Dragons. *announcer's voice* Coming to TD Garden July 1. Kudos to the Bruins for bringing the Garden experience to the fans everywhere - but I never knew the pump video was posted until I Googled for it.

At the start of the season, it was "Come With Me Now" by Kongos - back when the slogan "Strength In Numbers" was prominently featured, and wasn't quite as ironic. (Then again, considering Boychuk, it was already ironic.) I think there was some Mannheim Steamroller "Carol of the Bells" or some such stuff for the holidays.

The "return from intermission" songs are "Back in Black" by AC/DC and "Nitro (Youth Energy)" by The Offspring - I'd never heard of the latter until I looked it up. And I don't think I've ever NOT heard "Bennie and the Jets" - don't get me wrong, I really like Elton John, but it seems an odd choice, especially when he has "Saturday Night's Alright (for Fighting)".

FYI, if you've got a smartphone, check out Shazam - or just ask Siri to identify a song on the radio, since she has Shazam built in. It can match recorded music to a library. No more waiting for the radio station announcer to announce the songs (and they don't even really do that anymore).

Curious what happens when Connolly is around. Not loving Krejci on wing either.

Two birds, one stone, I think. Just wonder who gets squeezed out of the bottom of the tube of toothpaste - I have some ideas of who I'd like it to be, but knowing Clode....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
nope. Svedberg can make those out of nowhere saves late in games. He is solid. While Rask gives up goals with less than 2 min that he needs to stop (for example vs ducks).

The goal Sveddy let in from Nash today was bad.

Not that he was entirely to blame as he was certainly hung out to dry but his positioning and anticipation of the play was poor.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The goal Sveddy let in from Nash today was bad.

Not that he was entirely to blame as he was certainly hung out to dry but his positioning and anticipation of the play was poor.

that was a hard save to make.

I'm talking about giving up a goal (under your arms) like Rask did vs the Ducks.

Rask can buckle under pressure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad