Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Canadiens Nov.11

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It would be cool to see Xhekaj hit Marchand hard, the kind of hit that makes the fans get loud. I don't really care about the outcome, obviously to beat the Bruins is cool no matter where both teams are in the standings but just playing hard and giving it their best is all I ask from these young kids.
The Subban "ass" hit on Marchand comes to mind.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Hey Bruins fan coming in peace! My little sis and her husband are heading up for the game tonight. First time in MTL! Any recs for dinner (doesn't have to be right near Bell Centre) before the game for folks on a budget? Thanks!
Checkout our "Things to do in Montreal" thread at the top of the board. There's plenty of great suggestions there.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Just read that the Bruins has won the last 10 meetings, last Habs win in ‘19

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No matter who they insert, they still get it done.
Probably the best organization in the NHL, they could probably ice their AHL team in the NHL and they would still find a way to win. They screwed up the 2015 draft but not much else and are all about the team first and not the individual. I have hated them all my life as a Habs fan but I can't deny how well they are run top to bottom.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

Attachments

• R.gif
    R.gif
    2 MB · Views: 0

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That's why, I'm far from being a Bruins fan. But they're our one rivalry that I do respect.
I legit respect them as my enemy
I envy them as a sports city (Chicago and Philly as well)
But when it comes to Toronto.. I wish them nothing but ILL will lol, it's personal with them

Boston I love to beat 4-3
But Toronto I want to beat 7-1 everytime lol

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I legit respect them as my enemy
I envy them as a sports city (Chicago and Philly as well)
But when it comes to Toronto.. I wish them nothing but ILL will lol

Boston I love to beat 4-3
But Toronto I want to beat 7-1 everytime lol
I'm the same. I still want to beat the Bruins EVERYTIME we play them. But not to the same degree as the Leafs.

lol couldn't agree more. My two closest neighbours are both die hard leaf fans. It's not a hockey season thing. It's an all year round thing lol I'm surprised I get any work done. Since I spend a great deal of time. Thinking of ways to make fun of them, or piss them off.

It's at the point now where my wife hides my keys. So I don't go outside and honk my car horn. When the Leafs lose. lol

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I hate the bruins more than anyone but I also watched the habs-bruins playoff series in the 80s. The habs haven’t had a rivalry with the leafs since before I was around, in the 50s and 60s.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I hate the bruins more than anyone but I also watched the habs-bruins playoff series in the 80s. The habs haven’t had a rivalry with the leafs since before I was around, in the 50s and 60s.
Surprisingly I've blocked that era out. So I can only picture nice, exciting victories.

Reactions: Runner77

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
The habs beat the bruin 5series to 2 in the 80s bit I still despise the bruins. There was also a lot of bruins fans around my area in those days.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If MSL was playing the lights out goalie until he fails, Primeau wouldn't have played a single game this season.

Primeau is clearly working hard with the goalie coach, because he was night and day between his first and the second game in term of rebound control. So there is some good about it.

But it's better if one of them gets traded soon and the Habs acquire a goalie in the AHL with a NHL capable contract as the 3rd goalie...you don't want to call Dobes up if injuries happen.
Not true........both Monty and Allen have struggled.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Not true........both Monty and Allen have struggled.
I meant that he would have played Allen until he sucked, then switched to Monty until he sucked and then back to Allen and rinse and repeat. No place for Primeau under that concept because the vets are considered to be playing better even when they sucks.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The habs beat the bruin 5series to 2 in the 80s bit I still despise the bruins. There was also a lot of bruins fans around my area in those days.
We had beaten the Bruins like a donkey for 40 years, until the 80's came along.........then the Bruins turned the tide, when Roy couldn't stop a beachball during the Bruins series in the playoffs........
The 70's were amazing, we beat them every single playoff series....

I meant that he would have played Allen until he sucked, then switched to Monty until he sucked and then back to Allen and rinse and repeat. No place for Primeau under that concept because the vets are considered to be playing better even when they sucks.
That myth went out the door last game, just my 2 cents.
reward good play should be what we are doing this year...........they are looking for individual play from certain players, they got it from Primeau, and then MSL $hit the bed....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad