Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Canadiens Nov.11

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tomorrow the Bruins visit the Habs on HNIC. The Bruins have only lost 2 games all year so hope the boys will be ready to play and give a sid effort

If we win, it's always nice, and especially against the Bruins.

If we lose, it's good for the tank. Even a loss against the Bruins counts the same for the tank.

So it's win-win.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Could you choose a b2b against two teams with better starts than Boston and Vancouver?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Habs are gonna pick up a couple points this weekend.
Let me guess.... against Vancouver?

Imma say 1 out of 4

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Boston seems to show that having a coach with a system makes a difference : being that good while losing your top 2Cs is nothing short of amazing. Would be so easy to whine and say what can we do with Zacha Coyle as top centers.

I don t think they should be able to keep this pace but no one expected them to last year either.

Go Habs Go but they ll need to play like they did against VGK and not STL…

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Boston seems to show that having a coach with a system makes a difference : being that good while losing your top 2Cs is nothing short of amazing. Would be so easy to whine and say what can we do with Zacha Coyle as top centers.

I don t think they should be able to keep this pace but no one expected them to last year either.

Go Habs Go but they ll need to play like they did against VGK and not STL…

The system isn't unique to Boston but it is their discipline and adherence to it that keeps the team so competitive. This is the value of culture that the stat heads will never understand but thankfully Hughes and Gorton have it at the top of their priority list.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The system isn't unique to Boston but it is their discipline and adherence to it that keeps the team so competitive. This is the value of culture that the stat heads will never understand but thankfully Hughes and Gorton have it at the top of their priority list.
Saying you prioritize culture is like saying you're building through the draft. Every GM knows it and parrots the same cliches. However, culture is an organic personal quality, not something a manager can simply decide to implement. I doubt there's much difference at the top between Boston's organizational culture versus other teams. Facilities, policies, standards – probably the same. Team culture grows and lives in the locker room. Boston got lucky by having Patrice Bergeron as their leader. I'd say their culture is a reflection of him. He only retired months ago. As his era fades and the roster takes on a new character, their culture will shift.

Montreal's culture was in no-man's land for years. Shea Weber was a great leader by all accounts, but the roster shifted so much during his short tenure that I don't think he had a lasting impact. For better or worse, the Habs's culture will reflect Suzuki. Let's hope the kid has the will and the personality for it.

Reactions: DavePeak and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs need to play a great game tonight...............Bruins have been good, but they lost to Detroit so.......................Looking for The Sherriff to take out The National Diving Champ, Marchand with a nice hit!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Booins will be a though challenge.

Pasta 20pts in 13gp
Goalies either .950 or .925
PK is at 93% (2nd)

Habs PP is unexpectedly better though (13th vs 14th)

He we go red here we go ~~~

hi-res-37606c4c5ac283a12aa3f86dd132134f_crop_exact.jpg

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Tomorrow the Bruins visit the Habs on HNIC. The Bruins have only lost 2 games all year so hope the boys will be ready to play and give a sid effort
The Bruins kept their winning ways despite losing many key veterans. I think good goaltending and big mobile defense is how they do it. Anchored around MacAvoy. Even if have average forwards should be good team this way.

Seems to make less room for finesse forwards to score in defensive end. Bergevin built '21 Cup team same way. Big physical defense in front of Price. Anchored by Weber. Once we lost Price and Weber at same time it all collapsed. But we never had no long rebuild nor trade any future draft picks. Bruins are heavily mortgaged, traded picks many years in future. But they got a cup also, we didn't despite couple good runs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man talk about tall order this weekend.
I would give Primeau another start but that won't happen.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If we win, it's always nice, and especially against the Bruins.

If we lose, it's good for the tank. Even a loss against the Bruins counts the same for the tank.

So it's win-win.

There isn't an actual tank happening. This talk is silly. Losing, alone, does not amount to a tank.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Bruins are the top team defensively, but are middle of the pack offensively and that is mostly thanks to Pasta. Habs might actually have more balanced lines offensively. The question is more if they can solve the Bruin's defense. This game will be all about the game plan and if the players can follow it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad