Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Canadiens Nov.11

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's tough juggling 3 goalies
Very, but how do you not reward that kid, after picking up that win??
Have said all along, 3 goalies is just a dumb decision............and here we are a month into the season.
Looking at Hughes here, who needs to $hit, or get off the pot....

Reactions: Tyson

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
No Primeau?? The kid was lights out last game.............

MSL at times, I dunno...............Brutal.
If MSL was playing the lights out goalie until he fails, Primeau wouldn't have played a single game this season.

Primeau is clearly working hard with the goalie coach, because he was night and day between his first and the second game in term of rebound control. So there is some good about it.

But it's better if one of them gets traded soon and the Habs acquire a goalie in the AHL with a NHL capable contract as the 3rd goalie...you don't want to call Dobes up if injuries happen.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Very, but how do you not reward that kid, after picking up that win??
Have said all along, 3 goalies is just a dumb decision............and here we are a month into the season.
Looking at Hughes here, who needs to $hit, or get off the pot....

It's a temporary situation, and a decision will be made at some point..... Just like when petry and desmith were picked up.

I don't see primeau being starter material, but the Habs must see something in him for them to go through with this 3 goalie dance. Perhaps they already know what they want to do, and are waiting for the right moment in a trade.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Ugh Chris Lee is one of the referees according to Bruins’s GDT

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Goalie better be ready

Let's hope Caufield Suzuki and Monahan can carry us against the big bad bruins... who choked in round 1 last season lmaoooooooo

And Matheson. He's such a big part of tgis team at the moment, and maybe the future.

When he's off, we lose.

There isn't an actual tank happening. This talk is silly. Losing, alone, does not amount to a tank.

We can call not a rebuild. I mean we've been trading away vets that would help us win now and we haven't been signing free agents that could help us now. The focus is on the future. And as Highes said during the end of last season: I have had the conversation with Marty that wins right now may hurt more than they help.

Dach being out for the season changed the outlook big time.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
And Matheson. He's such a big part of tgis team at the moment, and maybe the future.

When he's off, we lose.
For the old guys on this forum, Matheson is a lot like Patrice Brisebois. They really help the team offensively, but regularly make the dumbest most embarrassing brain cramps. You need to take the good with the bad.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
For the old guys on this forum, Matheson is a lot like Patrice Brisebois. They really help the team offensively, but regularly make the dumbest most embarrassing brain cramps. You need to take the good with the bad.

I do think of him as a Brisebois in some respects. I think matheson has better natural skills though, but Brisebois ran a better PP if that makes sense.

Both pigeonholed into a #1 D scenario when they probably shouldn't be... Or at least shouldn't be a #1 on good teams.

Reactions: MXD

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Ahh crap.

I know Lee can't be fired for being an incompetent tool, but I wish we could come to a compromise where he doesn't do habs games.... I'll even settle with no Lee in playoffs and no Lee on Saturday nights.
Didn't the league stop assigning him to Habs games during the Covid season because he lost control of too many games?

Anyhow, this pretty much means this game will be a bloodbath.

Reactions: jrom

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Didn't the league stop assigning him to Habs games during the Covid season because he lost control of too many games?

Anyhow, this pretty much means this game will be a bloodbath.

Lol, I'll never forget Lee during that playoff against Vegas. He's looking right at McNabb when he punches suzuki in the face while the play is going on, and there's a great shot of him looking at the entire play, and then quickly looking away as if trying to convince himself that he didn't see anything.

But I've pretty much remembered Chris Lee's botching against Montreal going all the way back to 2010. He's just never gotten better at his craft. I even wonder if he gets a kick out of inciting the fans as much as he does.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I do think of him as a Brisebois in some respects. I think matheson has better natural skills though, but Brisebois ran a better PP if that makes sense.

Both pigeonholed into a #1 D scenario when they probably shouldn't be... Or at least shouldn't be a #1 on good teams.

That's pretty accurate. The two have/had some tools to play decent defensive hockey, but were both prone to do really stupid shit at times. Neither were pure offensive D-Men either.
Both are/were ideally second pairing material, or first pairing if having chemistry with the better D-Men on the pair.

But then again, Matheson is paid like a low-end #2/#3.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That's pretty accurate. The two have/had some tools to play decent defensive hockey, but were both prone to do really stupid shit at times. Neither were pure offensive D-Men either.
Both are/were ideally second pairing material, or first pairing if having chemistry with the better D-Men on the pair.

But then again, Matheson is paid like a low-end #2/#3.

Yeah I suppose that is the difference. Matheson is doing a decent job but he's compensated more like 2/3. Whereas Brisebois at one time signed a deal that made him the highest earning habs dman in history at the time.

So expectations were naturally more out of whack with Brisebois.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Bruins lineup

I'm really looking forward to seeing Poitras play for the Bruins. I'm surprised he's on the 3rd line though.

Chez Pare is a good family friendly place.
It definitely is. The last time I went, I saw my good friend's daughter working there. Actually thinking back, that was kinda awkward lol

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It would be cool to see Xhekaj hit Marchand hard, the kind of hit that makes the fans get loud. I don't really care about the outcome, obviously to beat the Bruins is cool no matter where both teams are in the standings but just playing hard and giving it their best is all I ask from these young kids.

Harris wouldn't make any other team but this dumpster fire of failure. 8-1 Bruins , gambling and hyundai ads every 5 minutes and then Ron can make us all puke while he compliments bigfoot on her amazing hockey knowledge
Who hurt you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad